VP of Gaming
28816 posts

Re: Compensation from Sony

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

docshady wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

A free digital download of any psn game on ps4 wouldnt kill them for the people who have broken systems.

Why? The system is UNDER WARRANTY, it will be replaced free of charge. That's why they give you a warranty. Playing the outraged gamer card and demanding free stuff only lends more credence that "gamers" are a bunch of self entitled malcontents.

So I'm guessing $400 is below the threshold to be considered a loyal customer and you are considered "Self entitled malcontents" instead?

People just want what they paid for.  They didn't pay for a brick, they didn't pay for hours on the phone with Sony support, and they didn't pay for a console on release only to actually use it a month later.

Sony is a reasonable company and I am sure they will provide proper compensation once the majority of the issues blow over.  It might be a free game, it might be a free extended warranty.  Hell, it might be an autographed picture of the neighbor of the guy who played the red power ranger.

But no, any reasonable company (or person), shouldn't consider the CUSTOMER a self entitled malcontent.

No, demanding "compensation" that you don't deserve, and then screaming about how Sony doesn't care about their customers when they don't get it, and haven't even taken steps to have them follow through on the warranty because they're more interested in complaining, makes someone a self entitled malcontent.

And they are going to GET what they paid for, a working system. What these people want, in no uncertain terms, is a little "something extra" for your troubles to sweeten the pot, because they feel they have it coming to them because of the false belief they're owed something. If that's not what "entitled" means, then gamers must be using a different dictionary.

Message 51 of 54 (23,040 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Nov 20, 2013

userusb wrote:

abynum1 wrote:

WOW... Some of the fan boys on here amaze me. Screw good customer service I guess, and don't you dare get upset because you paid 400.00 and got a brick instead of the "Greatness that awaits" that Sony has been hyping for a year now. I wonder how much quality control they could have paid for with the cost of that commercial alone.

You guys keep drinking the kool aid and accept what ever level of service they deem fit to give you, and guess what, they'll do exactly that. 

Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them "fanboys".

No, having the need to get on here and chastise anyone that has the audacity to say anything negative about their experience with Sony makes them fanboys. Having the need to talk down to, and argue with people who are upset about their misfortunes makes them fanboys. And most of all minimizing the problem of people paying 400.00 for a brick while most of them are playing their PS4s makes them inconsiderate  fanboys and jerks who are not doing anything but further antagonizing the people with the issues. 

I have owned every playstation product made from day one, and I feel that their consoles have always been the best made. If this was a few isolated events at sometime well after the launch,then that would be one thing, but Sony spent millions of dollars enticing people to order their PS4s because "Greatness awaits." They sent me a gazillion emails reminding me of the launch date and making **bleep** sure they took every opportunity to get as much money from me as possible. So, come launch date, and I'm staring at a brick and not experiencing any of the "greatness," but a whole lot of  the "awaiting," then they should man up and show some good freaking customer service!

If there are people on here, that are so blinded by the bright lights of Sony that they can't see that, then they need to get back in front of tvs, play their PS4s, and leave those of us that can't alone.

Message 52 of 54 (23,028 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Compensation from Sony

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

I repeat.

It does not matter if it is first run or last.  If you open a product and it does not work it is the company's responsibility is make it right.

With online play having to have PS Plus everyday is money.

I can not stand with you on $50 though.

Free shipping and based on time lost one month or three months credit of PS Plus.

You may live in the middle of nowhere so if a box gets left on your door no one would even know.  Or it would take awhile to get to the FedEx location or a mail store.  Companies do signatures to avoid the headache of having to figure where a lost package is.  If you send something that cost $400 I suggest you do the same.  You can not use this as an argument.  No one will stand down from making sure it got to where it was going.

Quit making jokes.  Not 100%, the person or people you talked to, when the launch is over will be looking for work and they know it.  Companies hire temporary workers at times like this.  Using foul language at them or over exaggeration makes them switch to "I am talking to an idiot".  I am not saying change to all praise and happiness.  You are mad and for good reason.

Give reason for the compensation.  I got the unit broken out of box.  Free shipping.  I preorder this.  Next day shipping.  Each day I do not have the unit I am losing time and money on my PS Plus account.  PS Plus credit.

If at anytime they feel that there is no dealing with you they will not.

Message 53 of 54 (22,990 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Message 54 of 54 (22,984 Views)
0 Likes