Nov 17 2013
By: abynum1 Lombax Warrior 96 posts

Compensation from Sony

53 replies 2172 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

I am one of the people who are having to ship the PS4 back due to the pulsing blue light issue.

I am not mad at Sony,as I realize that every launch will have issues, but I do feel that Sony should man up and compensate those that are having to go through this.

Aside from the emotional let down of going from the 1st kid on the block who has the latest/greatest to being the proud owner of a 400.00 brick, there are other aspects to consider as well:

1)Between not being able to leave my house until 3pm when the fed ex arrived (because they required a signature,) and hour or so trying  to figure out what I was doing wrong, and then a 2 hour and 7 min call to Sony. I wasted my entire Saturday.

2) I bought a PS Plus membership 2 days before the launch, just for the PS4, so every day that I am without the PS4 is money down the    drain in regards to that.

3)I am one of the early adopters who ponied up and put money in Sony's pocket in advance, basically helping them to finance their launch, only to be rewarded with a broken system.

I know people are going to say that this is a chance you take when being an early adopter, and I agree (that's why I'm not mad) but at the same time, it's a chance Sony takes as well when shipping out a new product. They want us to take a risk on them and pre-order, but so far haven't offered anything to those that got burned doing so.

All they have to do is stick a $50.00 online code in the box when they are shipping back the repaired units. This would cover a PS plus membership, (or something else if you already have one.)  Since this is just a credit for virtual items, it's not really going to hurt them too much (if any) in doing so.

I think it's more than fair and would show Sony's loyal customers that they are indeed appreciated.

Please post with your thoughts, maybe if enough people do so, Sony will listen. 

Message 1 of 54 (2,172 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Re: Compensation from Sony

Nov 17, 2013

the truth has been spoken

small store vouchers for everybody wouldnt hurt either.  Every single person I have talked to has experienced problems in one way or another

Message 2 of 54 (2,151 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 17, 2013

its sad really, i asked sony about compensation since you know i waited 6 months for launch with a pre order and now that i have games and everything i have to wait for at least another month before i even get to play it

and if its as bad as i think it is theres no way they are gonna repair all the broken ps4s inthe time limit they stated unless they hire alot of techs to repair them

but yeah  i asked them about compensation and they said they have nothing for compensation

talked to best buy and i DIDN'T ask about compensation and they are gonna give me a 45 dollar gift card

best buy automatically gave me compensation even though they are jsut the middle man, whereas sony isnt doing a single thing

Message 3 of 54 (2,112 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Or at least offer to next day air the unit back and forth for those of us who paid the extra money for the shipping as well as preordered in june. my 400 unit is a 460 dollar unit with a 4k tv purchase that cost me over 5 thousand dollars just to use for my ps4...  I spent 60 dollars for the fast shipping, Then they tell me that because of a problem right out of the box that after this I wont have a warranty on a brand new product anymore if I decide to ship it back. So wait 5-7 days for a box, then wait another 5-7 days for it to get to them... Then wait another yet to be determined amount of time for them to see what the problem is, then wait some more for them to decide if they're going to repair or replace it... The guy at the sony store flat out told me "just give it a month or two" I guess shame on me for thinking I was buying a finished product. I'm not really mad, it's just that if I did business like this I would be out of business and in court rooms all day long.

If all else fails the original playstation still works great!
Message 4 of 54 (2,105 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Sony told you that sending it back for repair is  voiding the warranty??

Message 5 of 54 (2,058 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 17, 2013

They already have.  Your console comes with $10 credit, a free month of Music Unlimited, and a free month of PS+

Message 6 of 54 (2,025 Views)
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Sony are doing $10 credit for each return. Just FYI.
Message 7 of 54 (2,008 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Nov 17, 2013
They won't make things right. At least not like they should. They'll make some small gesture eventually, but for now...it is what it is. They have our money and that's all that matters. They should be replacing bad units no questions asked and quickly. This whole deal is raw. MS was able to ship a box, diagnose, repair and ship back my 360 in less than two weeks. Anything less than that level of service is unacceptable.
Message 8 of 54 (1,996 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5559 posts

Nov 17, 2013
I'm sure Sony is going to give those of us that had defective units some kind of credit. Don't know what it will be either a month free of PSN+ or a few bucks towards the store. They don't want to have customers anymore ticked off at them than they already are. Last year someone hack my Xbox live account and I called MS, they locked my account for 4 days while they did their investigation and ended up giving me two months of Xbox live gold and some MS points for just 4 days of not having access to my account. Most big companies are good at compensating you for problems. After didn't Sony take care of everyone when they were hacked and have PSN down for however long it was. That cost them many millions of dollars but they did compensate everyone.
Message 9 of 54 (1,979 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 17, 2013
I'm still disappointed that no one has released an official statement yet. As if they're trying to play this off as a small, "expected" issue.
Message 10 of 54 (1,943 Views)
0 Likes