Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: Compensation for broken PS4?

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

jrlalas77 wrote:

I do feel that those affected like I have paid for a faulty product that has not only affected 1% it's alot more than that.

Plus it shows poorly on the quality of Sony products.

Just like how they fouled up security for hackers they need to start admitting this is a bigger problem than what they have led us to believe.

Am I saying we should be compensated.

I say yes as I will now enjoy thanksgiving without the ps4 and the promise of  "greatness awaits".

Plus

Xbox is compensating for broken hardware.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Free-Xbox-One-Games-Handed-Out-Compensation-Hardware-Failure-60761....

Prove it!

Here are just the numbers from Amazon. Who knows how many more?

Kotaku has stated that sony believes the failure rate is under 1% but still no  numbers have been released

http://kotaku.com/ps4-failure-rate-is-less-than-1-sony-says-1467673544

This may not reflect the majority but that is a lot of reviews. 

Capture.PNG

Here are the reviews from Best buy

Capture1.PNG

and Google

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/5051561687363048822/reviews?q=playstation+4&bav=on.2,or.r_cp...

Message 31 of 38 (615 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28679 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Because they don't just let ANYONE write Amazon reviews.

In other words, you have no proof other than the typical gamer "the proof is because I think it's true".

Message 32 of 38 (612 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Nov 27, 2013

I bought a ferrari and it exploded instantly.  I posted my story to http://www.caranddriver.com/.  It is now an indisputable, absolutely true statistic.

Reviews are not, in ANY way, indicative of product funtionality, regardless of whether we're talking Nexus 7 tablets, iPads, Xbox One's, PS4's, Ferraris, or ballpoint pens.

That doesn't wash factually whatsoever.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 33 of 38 (606 Views)
Platinum
54795 posts

Nov 27, 2013

adnonymous wrote:

I was one of the unfortunate ones to recieve a BLOD PS4 that did not work out of the box. I ordered it from Amazon. I just sent it into Sony to get a replacement today. Was anyone able to get compensation from their retailer or Sony for getting a defective item? I feel entitled to something since I paid $30 for overnight shipping and had to drive 70 miles to send the return package through FEDEX.

Amazon also has a free shippping option on all orders over $35.00 so I don't think Sony would have to be responsible for that

FEDEX has a system where you can contact them, via the internet, and a truck will come to your house to pick up your package so, unfortuantely again, Sony won't be responsible for the driving either.

That being said it totally sucks your PS4 was broken, I'd be so upset if I were in your shoes so I understand the motivation behind your comments here.

Message 34 of 38 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Nov 27, 2013

adnonymous wrote:

I was one of the unfortunate ones to recieve a BLOD PS4 that did not work out of the box. I ordered it from Amazon. I just sent it into Sony to get a replacement today. Was anyone able to get compensation from their retailer or Sony for getting a defective item? I feel entitled to something since I paid $30 for overnight shipping and had to drive 70 miles to send the return package through FEDEX.

says it all...

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 35 of 38 (581 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Nov 27, 2013
@Chipz_and_Cola i am the guy who purchased a PS4 from craigslist. My PS4 is still running perfectly fine btw :] paid $480 for it

Changed my avatar also lol
Watch me use my control
twitch.tv/piffzone
youtube.com/piffzone
Message 36 of 38 (580 Views)
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Nov 27, 2013
People who use things like amazon reviews as an indicator to fail %. You forget that close to 100% of people who get a broken unit will post about it, and a much smaller percent of people with a good unit will do so
Message 37 of 38 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
9212 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013

why would anyoine bring this topic up lol mod should close it.

Edit: Thread has run its course and is now locked

wssclanXbox one: Phew Phew Phew.
Ps4:BANG BANG BANG.
Outcome: Xbox One is down call the ambulance"Wii U Wii U Wii U
Message 38 of 38 (568 Views)