Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Compensation for broken PS4?

Nov 22, 2013
I'd call back Sony now and demand at least a **bleep**!
Message 21 of 38 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5863 posts

Nov 22, 2013
Midnight will be a week I've owned my console and still can't use it because it was defective and I sent it in on Monday. Still haven't heard back from Sony. I've gotten no acknowledgement that they received it even though FedEx shows it's delivered. Not only that aside from FedEx screwing me over and not overnighting my console like it was suppose the people at the repair center are grabbing whichever console is on the top of the stack instead of going by the order in which they are received. I'm sorry to say but that's **bleep** poor customer service. Not only that their email system is a **bleep**ed as my console because nobody is getting any kind of email notifications from them. Hopefully sometime next week I might get my console back I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how deep down in the pile my console is. As for Sony they're the ones that said they are sending out replacements the day they receive your defective console and that is not the case. Basically by the time me and many others get our consoles back it's going to be a normal turn around time of 7-10 days. @Op, as far as I know the only people that are getting any kind of compensation are those who bought through Amazon.
Message 22 of 38 (260 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 22, 2013

awtacular

67i956e9hir66du.gif

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 23 of 38 (253 Views)
MVP Support
5153 posts

Nov 22, 2013

awtacular wrote:
Midnight will be a week I've owned my console and still can't use it because it was defective and I sent it in on Monday. Still haven't heard back from Sony. I've gotten no acknowledgement that they received it even though FedEx shows it's delivered. Not only that aside from FedEx screwing me over and not overnighting my console like it was suppose the people at the repair center are grabbing whichever console is on the top of the stack instead of going by the order in which they are received. I'm sorry to say but that's **bleep** poor customer service. Not only that their email system is a **bleep**ed as my console because nobody is getting any kind of email notifications from them. Hopefully sometime next week I might get my console back I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how deep down in the pile my console is. As for Sony they're the ones that said they are sending out replacements the day they receive your defective console and that is not the case. Basically by the time me and many others get our consoles back it's going to be a normal turn around time of 7-10 days. @Op, as far as I know the only people that are getting any kind of compensation are those who bought through Amazon.

so you've been to the repair center and saw them doing this?

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 24 of 38 (234 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5863 posts

Nov 22, 2013
I've been on the support forums since I sent my **bleep** in. And people have posted the times there consoles arrived. So yea I know they are doing this. People have posted arrival times after mine and others were received and already have had their return process initiated. Mine has yet to be scanned or anything by them.
Message 25 of 38 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Nov 22, 2013

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED to ANY compensation. You are getting a new PS4 back....  thats the extent of it.

IT IS YOUR OWN VOLITIOIN, NOT SONY'S that you went out of your way to pay for overnight shipping from Amazon, that you drove 45 minutes to your fedex location to send the unit etc etc..

Again.... did you know that you can have FedEx pickup the box instead of you doing it?

again, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING. You have a warranty claim, you get a box, you send it, you get another box back... thats the end of it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 26 of 38 (203 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Nov 22, 2013

adnonymous wrote:

I feel entitled

At least you admit it.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 27 of 38 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013

I do feel that those affected like I have paid for a faulty product that has not only affected 1% it's alot more than that.

Plus it shows poorly on the quality of Sony products.

Just like how they fouled up security for hackers they need to start admitting this is a bigger problem than what they have led us to believe.

Am I saying we should be compensated.

I say yes as I will now enjoy thanksgiving without the ps4 and the promise of  "greatness awaits".

Plus

Xbox is compensating for broken hardware.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Free-Xbox-One-Games-Handed-Out-Compensation-Hardware-Failure-60761....

Message 28 of 38 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Nov 27, 2013
@op

You will get nothing and like it.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 29 of 38 (149 Views)
VP of Gaming
28669 posts

Nov 27, 2013

jrlalas77 wrote:

I do feel that those affected like I have paid for a faulty product that has not only affected 1% it's alot more than that.

Plus it shows poorly on the quality of Sony products.

Just like how they fouled up security for hackers they need to start admitting this is a bigger problem than what they have led us to believe.

Am I saying we should be compensated.

I say yes as I will now enjoy thanksgiving without the ps4 and the promise of  "greatness awaits".

Plus

Xbox is compensating for broken hardware.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Free-Xbox-One-Games-Handed-Out-Compensation-Hardware-Failure-60761....

Prove it!
Message 30 of 38 (143 Views)