Sep 18 2012
By: Spiggz Hekseville Citizen 360 posts

Community Spotlight 9/22 - SOCOM

[ Edited ]
3 replies 90 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

My favorite Playstation exclusive? Socom hands down! Some newer gamers might be confused about my selection but hear me out.

Back when PS2 came out a game called "Socom U.S. Navy SEALs" was released this game was PS2's flagship online game. Its what started it all. This is my story and what made me a fan.

Now a days you play a game with people on your friends list, and how they get on your friends list is maybe they are friends from school,work etc. Or maybe a friend of a friend or by chance you met them on a game and you both liked the same kind of games so you added each other. Now lets take it back to PS2 days. Before the PSN is what it is today. You get on Socom, your logged in and you go to the same sever you always do after school or work. Hop in join the same room you always join and play with the same group of guys/girls you always play with. No friends list no nothing. Just a community with in a game that always played together and had a good time.

Now one of you thinks to your self. "HEY! We always play together why not create a clan with all of us", awesome idea and now your new clan is formed. From there you start facing other clans in the same server but play in different rooms. You create alliances maybe ever recruit other players. Now every night you have 16 players that all been playing together for the past 8 months and your dominating your server. People want your spot so the challenge you. They want to be the number one clan in their server. So now with your friends you battle other clans with in the same server but also start battling other clans that have had a similar experience in their own servers. Now your battling top clans from other servers.

This for me was an amazing feeling. Nowadays you play call of duty you hop on face some random people for a few rounds game ends and then you leave. Who knows if you will ever face those players again? For me that lacks substance I want to create rivalries. Besides that their is the game its self. Tactical requires allot of communication, the team that had none was toast! Ask any old school Socomer and they will tell you the same.

Pretty much what Socom meant to me was community, tactical play with communication, and creating friendships and rivalries that lasted years! I started playing Socom when I was 16. I am 26 today, and I have the same group of guys on my friends list! That's gotta count for something.....Socom HD make it happen! Or make that socom we love. Without half assing on production!

Thank you for reading my story much love peace.

Message 1 of 4 (90 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 9/22 - SOCOM

Sep 18, 2012

great story but you have to do it before Wednesday. Plus they chosen a winner. They cant select late post srry but good story.

Message 2 of 4 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
245 posts

Sep 20, 2012
@lazarojenrry -- his post wasn't too late, he submitted on Tuesday. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 21, 2012

My bad sorry

Message 4 of 4 (52 Views)
0 Likes