Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 9/22 -- PlayStation Franchises

Sep 13, 2012

SOCOM US Navy Seals

The game that began the PlayStation Online Era. 

I can't believe Sony has abandoned this franchise.

Message 121 of 168 (117 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Sep 13, 2012

SOCOM has meant so much to me over the past 10 years but now it's over as the servers for the PS2 classics has been shut down. Thank you SOCOM. You truly brought a sense of happiness to my life.

After blowing out my rotator cuff in 2002, my 5 year run at pro baseball abruptly ended. I was thrown to the curb, beyond depressed and bored out of my mind. I had nothing to keep my mind off baseball and my pipe dream of making it to the Big Leauges. I had nothing to do at 7:00 every night, when I was playing games in front of 1000's of fans just weeks prior. Now I was sitting on a couch. Alone. I was truly sad.

Until I gave some random game on the PS2 a chance at keeping me occupied. I was drawn to the game because I was always a military buff. My Dad was in the Army and I love all war movies, so I figured SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS was right up my alley. 9/11 was still a current event and this just added to my curiosity of the game. The whole headset thing got my attention as well.

The rest was history. I played the game nightly for the first 5 or so years. I thought about the game during work. I stopped going out to the bars because I'd rather play the game. I'd wake up and immediately go to playing during mornings. I was hooked.

This feeling still burns inside me today, but the SOCOMs today just don't have that addicting feel to them like S1 and S2. I will keep hope alive. I will continue to support the game. I'm certain I will be a SOCOMer for the rest of my days.

All the friends, all the competition, all the memories. It's been a great ride. Thank you. Thank you to all the digital friends I've made. I will miss you SOCOM, SOCOM 2, SOCOM 3/CA.

Stay Frosty everyone!!!

Message 122 of 168 (115 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Playstation has an immense number of very good franchises, like, God of War, Killzone, Uncharted, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous and a lot more. But even with all those great franchises that have amazing gameplay, cinematics and story telling, my favorite game franchise comes from a more simplar time. A game that has been there since the very beging.

WipeOut! I am the proud owner of every WipeOut game after XL on the original PSOne (except 2048, because I don’t have a Vita yet). Not to long ago I hooked up my PSOne and had a go at XL and it was still a great game! The graphics have always been gorgeous, smooth controls and mesmerizing soundtrack. I remember playing XL and hearing Fire Starter for the first time and being extremely pumped for the race I was in.  

There is nothing like the adrenalin fueled gameplay that is WipeOut, trying to perfect every corner by slamming on the air brakes, hearing the on board AI warning you of imminent danger, putting up your shields and finaly having your own little bubble of security, destroying your opponents with a missle and speeding by the puff of smoke that they used to be, but never forgetting that every body on the track is also gunning for you and will do anything to get in between you and that gold medal.  

You can always count on the guys at Sony Studio Liverpool to deliver a WipeOut, for every new PS console, with a fresh new game that will pull you in to its unique and futuristic scenery and hand picked sound track. The developers from Sony Studio Liverpool know how to make games that will push the limits of its hardware from the very beginning. Simple, clean and fun that’s why I think WipeOut is the best Playstation franchise.

Message 123 of 168 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012
SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS 1/2

hands down the best games ever created. I was 14 when Socom 1 launched and I was hooked instantly. I will never forget that first multiplayer kill or all my life long friends from east 5. I logged over 1000 hours in socom 2 alone. Sony needs to remake this game with the best of socom 1/2 and keep it old school. There are tons of vets out there waiting to dump money in Sony's lap for this game.
Message 124 of 168 (111 Views)
Monster Hunter
6 posts

Sep 13, 2012

SOCOM 1 and 2 from the PS2 for sure. These games were special to me because I made a ton of awesome friends that I have not done on other games due to the games clans system and clan wars. These games were awesome and so fun. The competitive nature in many gamers could shine in this game. It had a deccent learning curve for a shooter. So I guess the competitive aspect of the game and the large community kept me coming back for more. I played Socom 1 and 2 until they shut the servers down a couple of weeks ago. Why these games still havn't been remade onto the PS3 is very confusing since PS2 remakes have shown to support Online.

Message 125 of 168 (106 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012
My favorite Ps3 exclusive is infamous2 because i love that you can choose between good and evil i also love how badass it polos when your beeting the hell put of somone in slow motion i also libera the shocking ending
Message 126 of 168 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

My favorite Play Station exclusive its Metal Gear Solid

This its the game of my life, i know it since i was 8 ( im 19 now) i know snake, meriyl, otacon,raiden,big boss my ideology has been created from this game, the message ,the story line,the character everything its in my heart, everytime i feel weak i remember i gotta be strong thanks to raiden, everytime i have been stabbed in the back i remember Big boss and stand up again,im so happy i met this game and thank you Play Station to bring it to the best console ever

"never regret the past ,learn from it, regret only make us weak" 

-Snake

Message 127 of 168 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

MGS 4 . This is a Master Piece of PS3

Message 128 of 168 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Message 129 of 168 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012
My favorites was Uncharted 2 and of course God of War series. Kratos had such a rage that fueled him to do some thing that no mortal could do and then go beyond it and Sony Santa Monica was thinking out of the box when they created the,poseidon battle and we seen poseidon get murdered from his own eyes! Nathan Drake had such a funny yet natural and real dialog action move set that make the game more believable and easier to relate to. Also the sorry was awesome how he find the true facts about myths and his luck... definitely.
Message 130 of 168 (159 Views)
0 Likes