Treasure Hunter
8933 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 9/22 -- PlayStation Franchises

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey folks,

It's the song that never ends -- the next Community Spotlight is on Saturday, September 22nd. We're gonna focus the topic down a little bit (not much, don't panic) to PlayStation exclusive franchises. So tell stories about all those games you love that you can only find on PlayStation and what makes them so special to you. 

If you'd like to participate (and maybe win $50 to spend on PSN) go ahead and create a thread in the "PSN Community Meets the PS Blog" area. Write your little heart out, and then reply to THIS thread with a link to your story. (It should be a thread of it's own). 

I'll review entries on Wednesday 9/19. Remember, only one person's story can be chosen and that person will snag the $50 PSN Store credit. 

Take a look at some of the spotlight winners to get an idea of what it takes to make the cut. We don't want it to be too short or too long, but *juuuust* right. 

-kristine

Socom speaks for itself, can't describe what this game means to the Fans who played it, can't explain.... You have had to been there to know what I am talking about. 

http://www.socomfan.com/

photo newsocomfansbanner-1-1.png
Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 168 (198 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7801 posts

Sep 13, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/SOCOM-The-online-flagship/td-...

One SOCOM to rule them all, One SOCOM to find them,
One SOCOM to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!

I'm NO_FEAR and I approve this message. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 168 (193 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Sep 13, 2012

socom 1,2,3 combined assault!!!!!! GOD OF WAR, RESIDENT EVIL...

socrack.com
Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 168 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5555 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs. It's my favorite PlayStation exclusive, but also my favorite gaming franchise of all time. I have spent 1,000's upon 1,000s of hours playing each edition to the series for the past 8 years, and can't help but compare it to every shooter I play to this day. It has inspired countless friendships, amazing gaming sessions, and even being a co-founder an entire fansite dedicated to it's legacy. I can only hope that an HD remake will be coming soon, or even an awesome full-fledged sequel picking up where the first two editions left off.

Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 168 (189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2061 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

The SOCOM franchise stands out as one of the greatest, if not best, series exclusive to Playstation.  IT without a doubt is THE greatest online series in history, on any console (you can argue against it based on sheer numbers if you want, but you can't argue against the issue of quality addictive gamplay). 

I didn't get into SOCOM until S2.  Maybe it was a mistake, because that caused an instant addiction.  Over 2000 hours of online play on S2 alone, not including time spent in lobbies chatting it up.  For me, S2 set the bar that will be hard to ever meet again, although this is based on failed steps taken by SOCOM developers over the years.

S3 saw approximately 600-700 hours of gameplay for me.  It was a quality game, but did make some unneccesary changes.

Confrontation, after ignoring all of it's bugs and network issues, was a decent SOCOM game.  Have another 600+ hours on there.

S4 is, well, a poor excuse for a SOCOM game.  Hopefully Sony decides to re-double it's efforts and create/recreate a SOCOM game that will bring the series back to glory.

SUPPORT H-HOUR
Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 168 (184 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Sep 13, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/My-Favorite-PlayStation-Franc...

I was thinking about this the other night. R&C is a truly fantastic series that was great from the get go, but only got better with each sequel. The gameplay evolved thanks to a leveling system and upgradeable weapons. The story evolved to include more complex and interesting characters. The best game in the series: A Crack In Time is my pick for the best PS3 exclusive ever. It was truly perfect on every level. It looked and sounded like a Pixar movie, and played like a dream. I'm so glad this franchise is continuing, and I'm looking forward to kicking butt as the duo in All Stars Battle Royale.

Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 168 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2860 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 168 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 168 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Socom Series Hands Down
Please use plain text.
Message 139 of 168 (161 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Here's my link to my thread

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/My-favorite-PlayStation-franc...

It was very heartfelt writing it, please give it a look.

Please use plain text.
Message 140 of 168 (197 Views)
0 Likes