Splicer
61 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 9/22 -- PlayStation Franchises

Sep 13, 2012

Without a doubt, the number one PlayStation exclusive franchise is LittleBigPlanet. You start with a iconic character that you can customize and make your own (while still retaining its iconic look), add in fun story modes full of platforming greatness, then add in the ability to make your own levels. To top that off, you add in an amazing and talented community and you end up with over 7 million levels (and counting) to choose from.

LittleBigPlanet is a game that become much more than "just a game".  I started out just playing LittleBigPlanet 1, I never dabbled in the create mode too often. With the release of LBP2 I took the plunge and create my very own level. Once I published it, I decided that I wanted others to try it out, so I signed up with a LittleBigPlanet community.

From there I met other people just as enthralled with the game as I am and my interest in the game grew deeper. I became obsessed with it and involved myself with the online community more and more each day. Eventually, I worked my way into an administrative position with one of the community sites, LittleBigPlanetarium, but why stop there? I offered my assistance to other fansites (such as LittleBigLand and LBPWiki) and created several of my own, including one for the popular in-game show, LittleBigPicks and one to provide users with a handy way to share their levels via forum signatures, LittleSigPlanet.

I talk with people from around the globe on a daily basis and have made many great friends through LittleBigPlanet and have even met a handful of them (and a few MediaMolecule employees) at a community gathering (held in St. Louis). I know I will continue to be part of the ever changing landscape of the LittleBigPlanet community for many years to come. I look forward to the changes that LittleBigPlanet Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting will bring to the community.

I leave you with an image from the St. Louis LBP meetup.

St. Louis Meetup

(in case you are wondering, I'm the guy in the Spider-Man shirt)

Sacks, Bags, and Rock & Roll
Message 31 of 168 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

The Uncharted franchise because no other series can do story and narrative quite like what Naughty Dog has done with Uncharted.

Message 32 of 168 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Demon's Souls. Just awesome.

Message 33 of 168 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Heavy rain, i love the path of ur own choice, lol too or not to cut off ones fingure

Message 34 of 168 (193 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6169 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Uncharted,,,, I remember when I first seen the graphics I was blown away - I couldn't believe the same people that made Crash Bandicoot made Uncharted, not that Crash was an ugly game,,, It was just that Uncharted seemed so advanced and sophisticated graphics wise to be made by the same people,,, After Uncharted was released it had everyone in the gaming industry scrambling to catch up,,, plus Uncharted was the first series of games that the story advanced and grew... Whenever I brag up the PS3 and its exclusive games, Uncharted is the first game I mention...

BannerFans.com
Message 35 of 168 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 13, 2012

uncharted series is one of the best franchises ever. the quality of that game is better than any other game i have ever seen. the gameplay is great and as for gaming itself, it's what other games should strive for as for making a quality game for playstation 3. the voice acting is amazing and it's such an amazing experience. if The Last Of Us is as good as Uncharted 2 (i only played 2), it could be the best game of 2013

Message 36 of 168 (189 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALS! Hands down the best exclusive game for the Playstation!

It was the game that started competitive online gaming! Thousands of  people played the game for hours on end... including myself. I know for a fact, between SOCOM 1 & 2, I played 1500 hours between the two. Nothing felt better than being in a clan and having Wars to see which clan's were the best. So many great memories with clan members who have become some of my best friends.

SOCOM 1 and 2 remain the best 2 games of the 6 game series and if another were made it should be the best aspects of the two combined. However, many people found something they liked or could tolerate in every singe game except the last game to be created by Zipper... SOCOM 4.

SOCOM 1 & 2 had around 30,000 people, if not more, playing the game at the same time in it's prime at peak hours. It didn't have the best graphics of any game available but it didn't matter. Its gameplay was so superior to other games, that you didn't even notice that the graphics were less quality than other top games on the market.

If you want an idea of how many people want SOCOM 1 and 2 remade in HD, just go check out the Playstation Blogshare. SOCOM 2 alone has11,996 votes. More votes than all other video game remake requests combined.

I could create an entire page about why SOCOM is the greatest Playstation exclusive but I believe I've typed enough.

VR-4-
Message 37 of 168 (185 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Hmm my fav exclusive is killzone because of the amazing characters, the fantastic story perfect enemys the weapons in the game are awesome,the multiplayer is good which i still play and by far my fav exclusive ps3 exclusive and cant wait to pickup the killzone trilogy.
Message 38 of 168 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 13, 2012
I gotta go with Infamous. Cole Magrath is just a great character and the game really gives you the ability to choose how the rest of the world veiws him. With awesome supporting characters and epic free roaming parkour I gotta say its my favourite PS exclusive series. Plus Festival of Blood was super bada$$!!
Message 39 of 168 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Infamous by far. Having great power and choosing whether you will have great responsibility or great abandon is a fun time! Cole is an everyman that is thrust into impossible situations and the feeling of him getting stronger and stronger is unrivaled in gaming today. Plus you can blow stuff up REAL GOOD!!!

Message 40 of 168 (150 Views)
0 Likes