Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 12 2012
By: cheshire__smile PlayStation Community Manager 243 posts

Community Spotlight 9/22 -- PlayStation Franchises

167 replies 6688 views Edited Sep 12, 2012

Hey folks,

It's the song that never ends -- the next Community Spotlight is on Saturday, September 22nd. We're gonna focus the topic down a little bit (not much, don't panic) to PlayStation exclusive franchises. So tell stories about all those games you love that you can only find on PlayStation and what makes them so special to you. 

If you'd like to participate (and maybe win $50 to spend on PSN) go ahead and create a thread in the "PSN Community Meets the PS Blog" area. Write your little heart out, and then reply to THIS thread with a link to your story. (It should be a thread of it's own). 

I'll review entries on Wednesday 9/19. Remember, only one person's story can be chosen and that person will snag the $50 PSN Store credit. 

Take a look at some of the spotlight winners to get an idea of what it takes to make the cut. We don't want it to be too short or too long, but *juuuust* right. 

-kristine

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 168 (6,688 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 9/22 -- PlayStation Franchises

Sep 13, 2012

LittleBigPlanet because of the creative freedom it provides for casual gamers like myself, but also provides the challenging aspect of creating a beautiful stage for those who are into crafting. I also enjoy Killzone completely. I give it the 3 Gs. Gorey Gritty Goodness, that is how i feel about this game, it surpasses gears of wars and halo in terms of how smooth it is, and also the graphics are amazing. I feel like it did an amazing job of making the environments seem visually stunning.

Granted, I dont have god of war 3, but i Embrace the first two god of war games, because of the pacing and story i felt was rather good. Seeing how god of war Acension is looking, I have no doubt that this game will be very good!

Thats all i Have

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 168 (5,991 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Sep 13, 2012

My favorite Playstation Exclusives are Little Big Planet, Uncharted and The Legend of Dragoon

Little Big Planet is a favorite of mine because I feel like no game quite captures the essence of what it's like to be a child while still having enough to draw in a bit of an older audience. The amount of creativity this game allows the player is absolutely amazing and it encourages you to be fruitful in learning how to use everything. Not only that, the story in Little Big Planet 2 is actually quite fun to play and the music selection is good as well. Let's face it, Sackboy is adorable.

Uncharted is another becuase I feel as though no game out there quite captures the blockbuster film formula and makes it a game that's not only fun to WATCH but also to play as well as this game. It embodies what it's like to be an blockbuster action film. The voice acting is great and Nathan Drake is truly an interesting character brought to life by Uncharted's great visuals and Nolan North's fantastic voice acting.

Legend of Dragoon, while not a francise, is one of my favorite Playstation Exclusives because it got me into a sort of gaming I would have never found out about had it not been for this game. It was interesting, it made you think, and you had to really plan things out in order to move on. You couldn't just jam buttons because even the timing to attack in this game had to be pinpoint. This is one of my favorite games for the entire Playstation lineage.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 168 (5,805 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Uncharted. Hands down. It was the first game that ever made me feel an emotional attachment to the main characters. Meanwhile, it is a breathtakingly beautiful game, filled with non-stop action. This game made me see video games in a whole new way, and for that, it is my favourite game I've ever played let alone my favourite PlayStation exclusive. Thank you Naughty Dog, and Sony, for this masterpiece.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 168 (5,774 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012

While it's hard to decide, I'd say 3D Dot Game Heroes is my favorite of the exlusives. Who can resist completely 3D pixels?! I sure can't! 3D Dot Game Heroes harkens up memories of classic action-adventure games from the NES era, with a wonderful layer of customizability for the characters themselves. Also, those swords are wonderfully ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 168 (5,767 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 13, 2012
My favorite exclusive has to be Uncharted series. Just going around treasure hunting as Nathan Drake is awesome, makes me wanna get up and go treasure hunt myself. Plus the gun fights are awesome as hell then you throw in the sick fisticuffs and you have the ultimate regular guy. Drake also has great one liners so it is not so serious the whole time. When multiplayer came that officially made the Uncharted series the best series on ANY console.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 168 (5,763 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2012
I have to say Persona 4 loved it on the PS2, enjoyed persona 3 portable on PSP. Also getting Persona 4 Golden edition on PS Vita. But as far as Sony IPs Uncharted series
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 168 (5,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Uncharted 3, most action greatest graphics, and perfect plot twist
Sic Parvis Magna
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 168 (5,590 Views)
0 Likes