First Son
1 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 12/15 - 1/5 -- PlayStation Stories

Dec 14, 2012

T'was the middle of the night, in June 2008...

Me: "OK, it's gotten really late. End of Act 3, I need to go to sleep."

Later....

Otacon: "We have to go back... back to Shadow Moses."

Me: "... F**k."

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 75 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2012

When I was only 3 years old, my uncle bought me my very first video game. It was an educational game for the PC of some sort, and I fell in love with it. A year later, my parents bought me a handheld game console, which lasted me only a short time. Fast forward a few years, and I wanted a home console. That year, for Christmas, I was given my very first game console: A PS2. I fell in love with the thing. Me and my friends would buy the same games on the same day and race to see who could finish it first. We'd race Ratchet, Kingdom Hearts, Sly, whatever we could get our hands on. I loved everything about the PS2. I've been staying with playstation since, and I've yet to be disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 75 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2012
I love having all playstation products, so sharp and nice to game with. Got my first ps3 in '09. Greastest system ever
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 75 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Back in 2010 I got my first Sony Product! My parents bought me a Playstation 3 for Christmas. I was so excited that I realized how much fun I was going to have with it. Until, I figured out that I didnt have any games to play and I couldnt go out and buy a game since it was Christmas Day. I ended up getting Madden 11 the very next day. It has me remembering about this day.....

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 75 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 75 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 14, 2012
I always loved the ps3. Is the only thing that i enjoy doing while in home, 3 years ago i bought the slim version of the ps3 in the usa. When i got home i was excited about playing with it but like 5 months after buying it the hdd of my ps3 just stopped working and i couldnt even play. In my country we do not have ps3's hdd support so 1 year after the accident me and my brother decided to check if we could do something, we started looking for solutions, after an hour we find out that theres a hidden menu where you can fully reset the hdd. After my brother chose the option of resetting everything the ps3 finally worked!. I was completely excited about it and the first thing i did was hug my brother and started playing. Since that accident im really careful of turning off the system simultaneoulsy and im very pleased of having a ps3.
Playstation i really would like to have a 50$ voucher because i recently bought a ps vita but in my country the games are really expensive. I live in venezuela
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 75 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Hello. My PSN is Sakukoivu2008 and my story is an interesting one about getting the Final Fantasy XIII Plat. Getting it requires near 100 hours, with most of it being using a checklist to get all the items in the game, called Treasure Hunter. Around 70 hours into the game and being 90% completion into getting the platinum my original PS3 got the YLoD. For a while I wasn't sure what to do but I decided to spend $120 to travel quite a few miles to a "repair shop" to fix the YLoD. They "fixed" it long enough for me to play my PS3, save my file onto a usb drive, and a few weeks later my PS3 YLoD again. I was able to sell the PS3 for parts on eBay for $100 and waiting a few months for a good bundle to come out. I got the PS3 Slim Killzone 3 Bundle, put in my usb to play my save and was finally able to achieve my platinum months later.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 75 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 14, 2012

It was a mild Southern California December, the year was 1998, I was listening to Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve and Sex and Candy by Marcy's Playground in my 84 Celica.  I just got my first pay check from the Cafe and I was headed to Best Buy to purchase my first console since the Classic NES.  No mom and dad this time buying me stuff just my own blood sweat working for minimum wage + tips.  I picked up the  first generation Playstation in Santa Monica and drove back to Highland Park.  I must of played Crash Bandicoot till my fingers were sore as that's all I could afford at the time!  Later on I purchase other games including FiFA 98 but it felt good to bring a cool electronic gizmo home for X-mas that year!

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 75 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 14, 2012
My playstation story started with the playstation 1 i dont remember the exact age but i was young , i got the system and played some games and enjoyed it but things kicked off when i was at my video store ( when they still used to exist ) and all the games i wanted to rent were out then i stumble on this random game that changed my gaming life and made me a true playstation fan and addict in the process.I pick up this game and look at the art cover and it seemed very intriguing so decide to rent it and putt it on. The game in question that started it all and made me an avid gamer and a playstation fan was Final Fantasy 9, i used all my allowance and kept renting it and renting it at the time. Playstation made me discover how great jrpgs&rpgs were and i thank you for that i am now 26 and i am still gaming strong, through the good times and bad times it was there for me to immerse me in a deep story or just provide entertaiment. Thats my playstation story
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 75 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2012

last night i was playing borderlands 2 and i killed hyperious the invinceible with only a jakobs shotgun

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 75 (127 Views)
0 Likes