Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2012
By: cheshire__smile PlayStation Community Manager 243 posts

Community Spotlight 12/15 - 1/5 -- PlayStation Stories

74 replies 5296 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

We're doing things a little differently now because of the holiday season. This post will house entries for the December 15 - January 5th Spotlights.  

Tell us stories about your experiences with the PlayStation brand (either consoles or games or both :smileyhappy:). So long as the story pertains to PlayStation, you're free to write what you wish!

If you'd like to participate (and maybe win $50 to spend on PSN) create a separate thread in the "PSN Community Meets the PS Blog" area. Write your little heart out, and then reply to THIS thread with a link to your story. (It should be a thread of it's own). If you don't follow this rule, your entry will not be considered. 

I'll continue to review entries until 12/19 -- after that we'll be on break for the holidays, but Community Spotlight entries will be prepared for the Dec. 22 & 29 before I go. Those winners will be contacted before their post goes live because I want them to have their PSN credit as soon as possible, so keep an eye out on your PMs. 

Take a look at some of the spotlight winners to get an idea of what it takes to make the cut. We don't want it to be too short or too long, but *juuuust* right. 

If you win, you'll receive your codes for PSN credit via private message here on the forums.

Happy Holidays!

-Kristine

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 75 (5,296 Views)
Wastelander
630 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 12/15 - 1/5 -- PlayStation Stories

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I've saved this post for everyone to read, the of memories 2012. The story is true including the holidays what we about to do. So Cheshire__smile for my effort of today I'm going to post my link to my thread for everyone to read. Have a great holiday and have a great year, Cheshire__smile and everyone.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Playstation-Memories-Of-Year-...

lazarojenrry.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 75 (5,262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I tend to spend a lot of time going in and out of hospitals. So much so that I've gotten to know a few nurses personally. And one of them, when they see I'll be in for a week or more will bring in her ps3 and several games. Her husband will come in sometimes and have a second controller and we'll play for hours. They even helped me get a playstation 3 and when I'm not in the hospital we'll play online when we have free time.

If I win a $50 code, I'm going to send them the code to show them how much I appreciate what they've done. I would buy them one but I can't hold a job because of my condition. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 75 (5,013 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I was about 7 or so and I had just gotten a new game for my PC and I tried and tried to install it but my computer wouldn't let me being so young and trying to install my favourite game to no avail I was brought to tears from frustration, my dad quickly came to my side and I told him about the problem, he said there was nothing he could do which made me want to cry more, he then said "it's okay son, we are going to get a playstation 2 today" since then I have gotten a playstation one and playstation 3, I will always prefer Sony over any other gaming company!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 75 (4,994 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

Well basically i suffer from asthma and a few months ago, I had a really bad cold and was ill (chest infection in the end) and well, for asthmatics this device called a nebulizer helps you breathe properly. Well i was having an asthma attck during the middle of the night around 2 am. I woke up and set up the nebulizer after seeing there was no power cable nearly having to call for an abulance i relised the same power cable is like the one in my PS3. Got it out of the PS3 and used it, it worked perfectly. So what you could say is the thing that i used to play that day saved my life. I thought that was one of the best experience's i've had with my Ps3. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/My-Ps3-saved-my-life/m-p/3900...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 75 (4,943 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 7, 2012

In two thousand nine, my brother threw his Playstation Two Slim  at the wall of his bedroom. It's a hell of a vídeo-game, because this piece of heaven still works perfectly til now. Hopefully he will never try this with his Playstation 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 75 (4,914 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

i have always had a playstation console.. but one of my biggest memories was playing GTA3 on my PS2. it was the most mind blowing game at that time. i never beat the game, my uncle always used the ps2 as well, for watching movies.. and he didnt put the game disc in the case. it fell behind the dresser and got scratched and couldnt play anymore. a few weeks later GTA Vice City comes out and all was great again..  one point is Blue Ray Discs are awesome. and the other point is Playstation will always be a part of me..

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 75 (4,824 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2012

my story is when i got my ps2 with gta 3 and vice city i think i play at least 500 hours stright went to sleep woke up played i just couldnt put it down my hand even perfecty fit the controller. i played so much i even knew every song by heart and where everything is i even remmber wht the cheatcodes r if you give me the controller.well ok one day i was play vice city like always just driving around and i just picked upa hooker then park and u knw i was laughing then out of no where my parents walk in with all the frieds. all they see is me watching they car while the girls moaning.they all laughed at me and i didnt even knw it was wrong. playstation makes games i love too like infamous i love tht you can make a choose of being good or bad. i love ps so much i even hav the playstation logo tatto on my arm and also vice city thxs o ive also kowned every ps system

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 75 (4,821 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Working at Target electronics I encounter a lot of guests that aren't really sure what they want. One asked me what would be great for family night. I showed them a PS3 move bundle and Little Big Planet 2. A few weeks later they came back looking for more games and more controllers. They told me how amazing the PS3 for great family games, movies on the PSN and a Blu-Rays, they always use it. They come back about once a month asking me about new games. I just told them about PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal. I can only imagine how much fun there having. Thank you Sony, thank you PlayStation.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 75 (4,818 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2012
My dad was the one who set up my PS3 because I was at college. He was a big movie guy and always had the latest movie watching technology. The first to have a Betamax, VCR, DVD. So after setting up my PS3 he decided to watch the included Ricky Bobby Blu ray. He must have accidentally hit the joystick because he watched the whole movie at 1.5 times speed. He said it looked good but the actors talked really fast. I still laugh about it to this day.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 75 (4,785 Views)
0 Likes