Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 18 2012
By: cheshire__smile PlayStation Community Manager 243 posts

Community Spotlight 11/3 -- PlayStation Stories

[ Edited ]
44 replies 2623 views Edited Oct 22, 2012

Hey folks,

As usual, the next Community Spotlight is on Saturday, October 27th. Tell us stories about your experiences with the PlayStation brand (either consoles or games or both :smileyhappy:). So long as the story pertains to PlayStation, you're free to write what you wish!

If you'd like to participate (and maybe win $50 to spend on PSN) go ahead and create a thread in the "PSN Community Meets the PS Blog" area. Write your little heart out, and then reply to THIS thread with a link to your story. (It should be a thread of it's own). 

I'll review entries on Wednesday 10/31. Remember, only one person's story can be chosen and that person will snag the $50 PSN Store credit. 

Take a look at some of the spotlight winners to get an idea of what it takes to make the cut. We don't want it to be too short or too long, but *juuuust* right. 

:EDIT

Apologies, but it appears that our auto-publish didn't publish last week, hence why the Community spotlight didn't show up for 10/20. That week's winner will go up this Saturday, 10/27 and this entry will be for 11/3. 

-kristine

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (2,623 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 10/27 -- PlayStation Stories

Oct 18, 2012

For the holidays, about 4 years ago, my parents bought me and my brothers an xbox, it wasnt that great, so i sold it and begged for MONTHS to get a ps3, and now i have have one and im completely in love <3

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (2,419 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Awful week at work with working riding me hard and making me redo work I had already done. On top of that, I had to cancel a gathering because people were bailing on me. I booted up some Borderlands 2 and some people who I only know through PSN jumped in my game and we shot everything up! Was asked to join another game (Killzone 3) with some other guys I only know through PSN and it really cheered me up.

Definitely was not expecting such warm reception from guys I hadn't play with for a long time but it was needed and made my week!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (2,202 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 18, 2012
proud owner of every ps console.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (2,193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I have had a playstation in my life since the PSone came out and it have been the best years ever. Now I have a beautyful white slim PS3 and it is my greatest love it have helped me achieve PS level 11. But I wont forget the many hours and the long nights I had with its older sister. Where I achieved the first 10 levels. Now I am just looking forward to many hours and years with my love.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (2,170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Back in 2009 i was about done with gaming. Nothing was really catching my attention but then i saw this add scroll across underneath my user name. It said 'Demons Souls' So i went and watched a video and suddenly i felt an instant connection. When the game came out i was so blown away by it that to this very day i still play it. I always brag about demons souls because its one of the many games that you can only find on the playstation.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (2,159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 18, 2012
My story begins 1996 im over my friends house he has every system known to man But the 1 that i always enjoyed was PS ps2 would come out my mom got it 4 xmas i was so anxious to play i used to sneak it open everynight before it was wrapped fast forward 2012 Sony gives out free E3 passes it felt like the ultimate gift for being loyal since the birth of PS & that PSN scare& ive owned every model including Ps3 i just want to say thank you
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (2,060 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

My story kinda hits all over the board, but here it goes :smileyhappy:

I've always been partial to Sony and the Playstations since day one of the first Playstation's release, even when all my friends own both, but are mostly 360 loyalists. The array of games released, the tech all of it just is flawless to me. So to the matter at hand.

When THQ released WWE 12, the hype machine was in full effect. Upon buying it, boy was it all wrong!lol Glitches all over the place, and the online was almost NON existent, due to the crippled servers that never worked from before day one. They used many excuses such as the much flattering to Sony: "Much of the problem is because we program the games on the 360, and port it over to the PS3, because the PS3 is much harder to code for as it's more advanced tech wise". Fast forward, and I wind up making friends with, and working along side with an ex-THQ employee to help others fix/report problems for both systems. The relationship soon turned sour, after finding out they were using customers (Like me) to keep the others quiet. 

The endearing part to the PS3, was that, amongst the apologists that tried as they might to defend the company mistreating and misusing customers, I met alot of cool people that I was able to help along the way, and befriended because of the PS3. Along the way, as a result of all of what transpired, I became a moderator of 2 different forums, and regarded as one of the top CAW (Create A Wrestler) creators on the system with CAW download numbers (After restoration of the online servers) in the thousands. I also spearheaded a petition to remove the franchise away from the company, that garnered 197 signatures to date (Never expected any TBQH). 

I'd like to think of my self as the REAL voice of the voiceless, as CM Punk used to call himself.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (2,040 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

I never knew that buying a Playstation 3 would end up changing my life, I remember buying my Playstation at the end of 2008  and since then I have been playing on it on a regular basis. Through PSN I have made many new friends, and through one of these friends I met the girl that I am going to marry! On a trip to California I decided to go visit a friend I met on PSN and met his sister. We immediately hit it off and starting dating and now we are planning on getting married, we constantly play together on PSN playing games like Little Big Planet and Borderlands 2! Thanks for making such a great console and thanks for helping me find the girl of my dreams!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (1,964 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I've always wanted a PS3 and I finally bought one for myself last Christmas and I am loving it. I loved how fast it was to set up. When I got home, I immediately unboxed it and plugged it in. When I turned it on, there was an amazing setup screen and it was fast and easy to setup. I created y PSN account before I got it, so I could easily just sign in and just put in extra details. In a matter of minutes, I was able to enjoy playing the first game I bought.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (1,926 Views)
0 Likes