Nov 21, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 38 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 11/24 -- PlayStation Stories

Nov 21, 2012
I was up late at night playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Someone started banging on my door at 1am. He said your apartment is on fire. I was hesitant because of the late hour but as I opened the front door I saw the flames reflecting off the parking lot blacktop. I then ran into my bedroom work up my girlfriend and told her the apartment complex is on fire. She then gathered our things and I ran from apartment to apartment waking up everyone to make sure everyone was awake and made aware of the situation. Everyone made it out of the apartment before the entire complex when up in flames. If a neighbor from the apartment complex did not see me up playing PlayStation 3 I might not be here today. Our complex was completely destroyed. We were in he second level of the apartment complex out neighbor saw me awake because of the big sliding deck doors and the shades were open. We were allowed in our apartment several months later to only enter out living room and the dining room. They had to make sure it was structurally safe for us to he inside. We lost everything, and how long it took us to renter the partner everything we could have safes was moldy or burnt. But, hidden behind my 42 inch melted Vizio tv was my still in perfect condition my pS3. I could not believe it. The console that might have saved my life was still standing. Us in disbelief I take it I my girlfriends family house whee we had been stating since the fire. The Ps3 still worked. My girlfriends family could not believe it. Tears ran down both of our faces because we both knew it was done kind if miracle. Still to this day my smokey black ps3 is going strong. So Sony from the bottom of my heart I thank you. I will attach the YouTube video of the fire. We are the apartment on the second floor on the left side of the stairwell. Below the burning bicycle on the porch. We lost everything that night and we had no renters insurance. Everything since then has been amazing. Thanks for listening.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=p4G6fZrHGdA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dp4G6fZrHGdA
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 38 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Ok, so I have so much to be thankful for to Sony this year. Recently my grandfather passed away. During this time my family came together to mourn the loss of a great man. Unfortunately, I lost touch with my brother who I grew up with and was incredibly close to. We all gathered for the wake and the funeral and in between the wake viewings my brother and I would go back to my parents house and play playstation 3 for hours at a time. We took turns leveling up in Call of duty block ops, smacked each other around a bit as two wildly different sack boys in little big planet and we relived our childhood playing turtles in time re shelled. Ever since my grandfathers passing my brother and I became closer and I know that playstation helped make that happen. I may have lost an amazing man, but in return I now have my brother back. Thank you Sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 38 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Nov 21, 2012

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey folks,

As usual, the next Community Spotlight is on Saturday, November 24th. Tell us stories about your experiences with the PlayStation brand (either consoles or games or both :smileyhappy:). So long as the story pertains to PlayStation, you're free to write what you wish!

If you'd like to participate (and maybe win $50 to spend on PSN) go ahead and create a thread in the "PSN Community Meets the PS Blog" area. Write your little heart out, and then reply to THIS thread with a link to your story. (It should be a thread of it's own). 

I'll review entries on Wednesday 11/21. Remember, only one person's story can be chosen and that person will snag the $50 PSN Store credit. 

Take a look at some of the spotlight winners to get an idea of what it takes to make the cut. We don't want it to be too short or too long, but *juuuust* right. 

If you win, you'll receive your codes for PSN credit via private message here on the forums.

-Kristine

Not to be a kill joy here, but....

If you'd like to participate (and maybe win $50 to spend on PSN) go ahead and create a thread in the "PSN Community Meets the PS Blog" area. Write your little heart out, and then reply to THIS thread with a link to your story. (It should be a thread of it's own). 

I think this means what it says, and NOT write the story on THIS thread.  Only a link here.  I am just a sticker for directions, don't mind me.:smileywink:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 38 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Aww man I hate I missed the deadline. Was there a winner picked already?

I hope that guy Tonester didn't miss the deadline. 

That was one of the funniest stories I've ever read

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/When-My-Mom-Lied-So-Good/m-p/...

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 38 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 21, 2012
My favorite PlayStation story was how I end up getting Uncharted 2.

As an early PS3 owner in 2007, I used to play every single release during the initial draught of games. That year, from all the games I played, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was the one I dug the most. A mix of all my favorite genres (cover shooting, exploration, platforming) with top notch production values and an amazingly written story was something that was such a pleasure to experience, and I was eager to hear anything about the release of its sequel, and became my most anticipated PS3 release after Metal Gear Solid 4.

On December of 2008, while watching the VGA's, I saw the initial trailer with the battered up Drake in the now famous cliffhanging train section, and the level of detail in that glimpse blew my mind. No less than a month later, Game Informer had Uncharted 2 on there cover story, and all the details they uncovwred as well as screenshots from the Nepal warzone just confirmed to me that this game was going to be indeed something special, a feeling that was confirmed when I watched the now legendary E3 2009 demo.

The level of awesomeness in that E3 demo blew away even the wildest of my expectations. Every part of that demo (the production values, writing, setpieces) was unlike anything I had seen in that genre, and made the wait for release date (at that time still unknown but narrowed to 2009) to unbearable.

Then the release date was revealed on Gamescom (October 13th, 2009) which made my excitement skyrocket. Only 2 more months before release! And to my luckiest of lucks, the reviews started coming in a month early like they did with Killzone 2. And to my not so surprise, the reviews confirmed what all those E3 Game of the Show awards said: this game was a monumental triumph. A 10 from Game Informer and Eurogamer, a 9.5 from IGN and Gamespot, a 9.3 from Game Trailers. The list goes on and on. Needless to say, I was preparing myself for such a wild ride

The release date finally came, and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on the game. And that's where things started to get "interesting". At that time, I was still a kid that was depending on my father to buy me the games I wanted. Yet at that moment, my father just didn't want to buy the game because "it doesn't look that exciting to him." Another reason: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was coming a few weeks later, and he was more excited to invest on that than in Uncharted 2. My heart was almost broken. Just because of a "more of the same" sequel to game I actually really enjoyed back in 2007 I was going to miss out on a tremendous sequel that had everything stacked in its way to become Game of the Year. So I took
Action and did something which was the first time I had ever done that: I went to my old classic games vault (PS2, Gamecube, etc.) and grabbed as much of them as possible, games that I loved, and went to my local games retailer to sell each and anyone of them for way less of a value than what they were worth when I had bought them originally. It made me sad to see them go, as I had some amazing memories from those games, but at the same time, I wasn't playing them anymore and I really wanted to have Uncharted 2. So I sold them, and used all store credit to get Uncharted 2. Then I went to my house, popped the game, and after a week of playing it, I came to the conclusion that it was the greatest thing I had ever had the chance to play at that moment, and I hailed Naughty Dog for creating such a masterpiece of blockbuster entertainment. The way Uncharted 2 blew my mind is something that hasn't been repeated this generation, not even with the release of the incredible Uncharted 3, where I went in knowing how great it was going to be and got what I expected.

But what still sticks with me with Uncharted 2 is the lengths i went to get the game. I knew it was going to be something special, and I had to let go of some great memories of games in order to get it. It was the first time I had done that, but I knew my gut was right in doing it. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the pinnacle moments in gaming this generation, and still remains the reference point to me when I point out what game defines the PlayStation 3. And even on my 80+ library of PS3 games, it remains the crown jewel of the pack. The investment paid off.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 38 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Here's my story hope it gets me that $50 PSN card...to buy a Ps1 memory card...hahahaha
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/m-p/38875681#U3...
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 38 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I sit here reading others' tales of funny tidbits and pizza deliveries, but I am pleased to show you nothing less than the story of my life

http://http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/A-Story-of-my-Life-a-P...

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 38 (188 Views)
0 Likes