Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 10/6 -- PlayStation Stories

Sep 28, 2012
My Playstation story, well playstation for me was like a salvation, because I was diagnosticated with leukemia in december 2011, Me and my family were destroyed after we hear the doctor was saying, the quemotherapy was strong, and because of that it was keeping down my body defends, so I always had to use a mask on my face, and I wasn't able to go out to the street and hang out with my friends, so my brothers buy a PS3 and since then they always buy new games for me, and playstation was like part of my healing, I have 9 months of treatment right now, and I feel thanksfull for having a new life, and start over again, thank you Playstation.
Message 51 of 75 (185 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Hello PlayStation Network,

I first picked up an original PlayStation in 1996. I was skeptical of the need for memory cards and the "You Are Not Ready" ad campaign, but a friend eventually convinced me to check it out. And then I was hooked. I was fascinated by the graphics that at the time I thought were so realistic and FMV sequences with live action were something not experienced outside of PC gaming. I remember playing Demolition Derby, Battle Arena Toshinden 2, and Gex until I had blisters. Resident Evil was the first game to really scare me. Tomb Raider 2 really gave me the feeling of mystery and adventure. Once I got my hands on Wild Arms I sat transfixed at this incredible RPG and couldn't wait until Final Fantasy VII arrived. I loved Official PlayStation Magazine's demo discs and would feverishly devour each morsel of gameplay they offered up. I remember chowing down on the Metal Gear Solid demo still voiced by the Japanese actors months before I got the actual game.

I've purchased every console since (minus the Net Yaroze hardware) and have never regretted a day of it. My PS2 was my only DVD player for a long time and my PS3 is the focal point of my entire entertainment center. While I've played video games my entire life and own a lot of different consoles, my most powerful memories of gaming are focused squarely on that grey box from the years 1996-2000 (maybe even a year or two more). There a lot of really hard times for me in those years and I was really happy to have my PlayStation nearby.

In fact, it's still hooked up and running in my bedroom. Twice a year I sit down and play it with serious purpose: I play Silent Hill every October and Final Fantasy VII every December. It always feels like catching up with a really old friend. The kind of friend where you spend all of your visits together saying, "Remember the time...?" Anyway, to me it will always feel like the PlayStation and I grew up together.

-Liam

Message 52 of 75 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I just started dating my boyfriend when the PlayStation 3 came out. The day it was out, he was in line for one. Since it was a new relationship and I had no previous PlayStation experience, I had no objections to him getting one. For the first 3 months of us living together, he used up all his spare time on the PS3. Constantly playing Resistance: Fall of Man. I had heard a few of my friends complaing about their boyfriends being on the X-Box or PS3 constantly and they hated it. Me, however, finally asked if I could join him and play a few games. At first I got frustrated since I didn't know the controls and he was so much better at it than I was. However, as I played co-op with him in Resistance, I started to get hooked. After I got to know the controls, he introduced me to the online multiplayer. After playing a few games I realized why he was on it all the time. It was addicting and so much fun meeting new people ( and killing Chimera of course :smileyhappy:  ) Since we only had one PS3 and he worked night shift, I found myself playing with our clan pretty much every night. Once he came back to days, I was having to sit on the side lines as he got to play more often and I missed it. So since I realized that I was in love with everything the PlayStation 3 offered, I went to GameStop and bought my own. Having 2 PS3s in the house allowed us to enjoy time together by playing online in the same matches while being in the same house, haha. It was a win win! Of course this was 5 years ago. Me and my boyfriend are now married and have a little boy. Our son will be 2 in a week and we've already introduced him to games like Little Big Planet ( of course he has no idea what he's doing but he giggles every time Sackboy moves ) and we still have 2 PS3s in the house. Me and my husband have played all the Resistance games, Call of Duty series,  Killzone 2 & 3 and Twisted Metal together and can't wait for Black Ops 2.  Gaming online you get to know the people you play with on a more personal level and just a few months ago finally met up with another gaming couple in St. Louis. They brought their kids and we brought ours and met at the zoo, enjoyed an all day outing with them and we are now planning for a second meet and greet sometime next year. I love my PS3 and I'm on it every night. Guess you can thank my husband for getting me into the gaming community, haha.

Message 53 of 75 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Hello PSN/Playstation Network.

It all story while i was a kindergarten (1996). I bought PS Classics such as Tekken 2, Soul 1 (Soul Blade), Mortal Kombat for example. Most of all, i was once collecting the game such as Tekken 3, Kensei Sacred Fist, Captain Tsubasa J, NBA Live '99, Street Fighter Alpha, Rival School, Crash Bandicoot series, Spyro 1-2, Marvel vs. Capcom (along w/ X-Men vs. Street Fighter & Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter), Mortal Kombat 4, WCW/NWO Thunder, Gundam Battle Assault series for these examples.

Later while i was a class 3 until 4 elementary (2000), i bought PS2 along with Tekken 4 (Tekken Tag 1 included but i didn't play because the final boss Unknown looks scary to me), Spider-Man (Sam Raimi's first film), Capcom vs. SNK 2, then i bought some of many collection i got like Kamen Rider fighting game series (til original Climax Heroes), X-Men Legends II, Tekken 5, Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore, Spider-Man (2-3, Friend or Foe), Final Fight Streetwise, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, Ghost Rider (film version), Fate/Unlimited Codes, Virtua Fighter 4, The King of Fighters (MI series, 2k3-XI), Neo Geo Batte Coliseum, SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series, Tom & Jerry: Wars of Whiskers, Bloody Roar 4.

While in middle school class 2 (2006), i got PSP along with the first copy, Spider-Man 2. Most of all i got a various copies like this (most of them were PS Classics): Tekken 6, Kamen Rider Climax Heroes, Marvel Ultimate Alliance series, Tekken 3 (PS Classic), Bloody Roar 2 (PS Classic), Dance Dance Revolution Disney (PS Classic), Fate/Unlimited Codes, Blazblue Continuum Shift

After graduating my middle school (2008). I got myself a PS3 (phat), which was once i dislike it until then it gets increased and equalized with Xbox 360. My first game is Virtua Fighter 5, then Spider-Man (3, Web of Shadows & Shattered Dimensions), Soul Calibur, The Incredible Hulk, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Tekken 6, original Marvel vs. Capcom 3, The Simpsons Game. After buying Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Tekken 6 and registering PSN, i come to realized that some DLC are region locked & limited time offer. An epic fail on Tekken 6 (the one i bought is BLAS, since my account is USA). I got my first PSN $50 from my dad after his visit in San Francisco on May 2k10, turns out it works only depends on the disc region in a middle of boxart. Now i got these DLC since my country sells a cards now:

*SCIV's Yoda

*Spider-Man 3's New Goblin

*Star Wars TFU 3 Missions

*Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Juggernaut & Characters + Missions Pack (good timing before 2010 or 11 ends)

*Shattered Dimensions Cosmic suits

*MvC3 Jill & Shuma characters

After an error occurance on PSN in mid of 2011. I got myself a PS Plus for FREE, example like having Infamous, Scott Pilgrim (w/ Knives characters Pack) & Sonic 2.

While in first fall 2011, my PS3 (phat) gets RLOD :smileysad:, but i didn't do anything wrong & plays 1, 2 or 3 hours. I think i should start gained money to buy a new one or fixed it by spending for every years.

In March 2012, my brother bought me a PS Vita while mom, dad & i were having a 10 days for holiday in UK after his graduation and during my college 3rd semester. My first game is Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (a card & EU version, later replaced by US version's PSN). Back in my country i just bought from via PSN UMvC3 US version, Tekken 2 (PS Classic), Mortal Kombat, Samurai Shodown Anthalogy (PSP), for Blazblue just a card.

It's seems that some better or worst between Playstation & reality changes me while i was a high school. It's like the Playstation is always be my life. Maybe this Playstation be with me.

-LarsMasters

Message 54 of 75 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 10/6 -- Palpitation Stories

Sep 28, 2012

i got my ps3 to play the uncharted series as well as god of war 3... it was definitely worth it 

Message 55 of 75 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
630 posts

Sep 29, 2012

What up playstation gamers what I've wanted to say is goodluck to everyone remember is not who is best story. It's all about fun and sharing your stories. Here my link cheshire__smile.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Playstation-Gamer-Experienced...

Message 56 of 75 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 29, 2012

My uncle decided to take my Ps3 as a prank so when he started to drive I went all Nathan Drake on him and jumped on his car and would not let go until he finally gave it back. 

Message 57 of 75 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Hi, this is my story... I hope someone can take his/her time to read it, thanks..

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Listen-to-my-Playstation-Stor...

Message 58 of 75 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Ohh I still can remember they my parents bought a Playstation 2 for me I was only 4 years old and with that my gaming journey has begun. We bought games I completed them and wanted more of 'em! I guess my first PS2 game was ICO second one was Jak and Daxter and third one is Devil May Cry. Years passed I kept playing games and never stopped, I of course had a life outside of my home but I always knew inside was better. My good old PS2 we had so much great time and sometimes I miss It and play my fav games such as Jak and Daxter, Ratched and Clank, Devil May Cry and more of them. Then when I was 11 I got my first PSP It  was so great all awesome games was in one portable console. I could play It everywhere, no metter what. Then the PS3.. Oh my god happiest momment of my life my parents bought me black 80gb model when I was 12 years old. I stıll can remember the date 12/31/2008 yeah I know almost 4 years with that beautiy :smileyhappy: Since I bought my PS3 my life is better I can't even imagine a life without It oh and the PS Vita I bought it a couple of months ago I guess 4 and It absloutly perfect! It's like a PS3 on my hands at everywhere and PSN with 3G could It better?? Thank you Sony, thank you playstation for making my life much more better :smileyhappy:

Message 59 of 75 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I've been a huge PlayStation fan since the beginning, PlayStation has always brought some of the best gaming around from my fav series God of War to new ones like uncharted. I can't get enough. I always get excited when I here a new PlayStation exclusive is coming out or when third party games make exclusive content for your brand. I'll always be a fan from crash bandicoot to metal gear, killzone and beyond I can't wait for the next installment. I can't thank you enough for the joy you have brought me and my friends and gamers all over the world. I owe you!
Message 60 of 75 (132 Views)
0 Likes