Sep 28 2012
By: cheshire__smile PlayStation Community Manager 245 posts

Community Spotlight 10/6 -- PlayStation Stories

74 replies 3668 views Edited Sep 28, 2012

Hey folks,

Once again, the next Community Spotlight is on Saturday, October 6th. Tell us stories about your experiences with the PlayStation brand (either consoles or games or both :smileyhappy:). So long as the story pertains to PlayStation, you're free to write what you wish!

If you'd like to participate (and maybe win $50 to spend on PSN) go ahead and create a thread in the "PSN Community Meets the PS Blog" area. Write your little heart out, and then reply to THIS thread with a link to your story. (It should be a thread of it's own). 

I'll review entries on Wednesday 10/3. Remember, only one person's story can be chosen and that person will snag the $50 PSN Store credit. 

Take a look at some of the spotlight winners to get an idea of what it takes to make the cut. We don't want it to be too short or too long, but *juuuust* right. 

-kristine

Message 1 of 75 (3,668 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 10/6 -- PlayStation Stories

Sep 28, 2012

one company christmas party.. i won an uncharted 3 copy from a raffle.. then i bought my ps3! 

the end.. Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 75 (3,214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Message 3 of 75 (3,018 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 28, 2012

My experience(s) with the PSN/Playstation 3

I have to say this from the start, thank you playstation for being who you are.  Now I got my first PS3 at Februray of 2012, after tax season. And I got myself a Uncharted 3 bundle for the PS3 and a couple of other games.  When I went home to open it, I fell in love with the system and named it Abel. I owned both the first PSone and PS2, but this doesn't compare to what's out now.  I remember putting in Uncharted 3 (which I never seen nor played any of there games) and instantly felt as if I was watching a movie (similar to Indiana Jones). I didn't know at first when I was to move the character or to leave the remote on the side and enjoy the visuals.  Anyways playstation helped me a lot with my spendings due to the fact that I used to own a 360 time and time again, only to be disappointed in the results of the system and the games I would play.  I got a lot of hate cause of me owning one but because I own one now, I pay for the PS Plus because the benefits (even though I don't need to pay to enjoy the online gaming and such, but I do it cause they really work to keep the gaming community alive with there discounts and free games every month.  That helps me save a lot and at the same time I haven't played most of these games that come out for free, so it's a win/win situation, and it keeps my system alive and the most important part which is that it never disappoints me.  I can go on and on about this subject alone but I'm just gonna end it like this.  When I was depressed cause I lost my job and I didn't feel I had anything besides my girl, I got a playstation, and because of that I have a bunch of new friends that have the same interest in gaming with, I have my girl play with me (mainly Borderlands), and I have my T.V (Netflix at the moment).  And now that I work again, I know that I'm never going to leave the Playstation community cause it brought back that feeling of knowing that I'm not alone and that this may be a gaming system (or console), I know that there isn't a company out there that works as hard for the people more, than Sony.

Thanks PSN

Felix R.

Message 4 of 75 (2,949 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Well I bought my PS3 in 2008.  Good old 40 gig faty.  Since then my family has put tons of hours onto the machine.  We bought the move when it came out and are honestly excited for the virtual books that will be made for it.  We watch movies on it, play games, get bored and watch the various animated backgrounds we have... Sadly recently we suffered the dreaded yellow light. Now the week it was down the family missed the machine. So being super dad i took it apart Re soldered the board and brought happieness again to the family.. Yesterday we had another failure but i fixed it again.  and i will again and again.. We don't blame the machine.. Anything that has put as many hours as this machine has deserves the rest now and then Smiley Happy  I salute one hell of a made machine.

Message 5 of 75 (2,940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 28, 2012

There was this raffle at my school like about a year ago and the prize was a 120 GB PS3, me and three of my friends got tickets which sold at 10 Dollars each! The following week I went to the raffle by myself because 1 of my friends had to re-take a test and the other one didn't make it in time. The first name was 1 of my friends but he couldn't get the prize because he was busy doing his test, next my other friend got picked and he wasn't there either and finally I got picked and i got to claim the PS3, If my other friends would had been there they would have won but since both of them were absent I won the prize which was funny because I never win in raffles.

Message 6 of 75 (2,916 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Message 7 of 75 (2,743 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Message 8 of 75 (2,738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Holaaa soy de mexico 

Message 9 of 75 (2,730 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Sep 28, 2012
PlayStation is life to me. I bought my first PS3 in 2010. Since that date, and because I love PlayStation that much, I've bought 3 more PS3's and throughout the past 2 years I've bought 12 PSP's and a Vita. I had to get anything concerning PlayStation because, well PlayStation is awesome! I even played and platinumed the entire inFAMOUS series. That's why my goal is to work for Sony, preferably Santa Monica Studios, SuperBot Entertainment, Bluepoint Games, or Sucker Punch Studios. PlayStation for life baby! LONG, LIVE, PLAY!
Message 10 of 75 (2,712 Views)
0 Likes