First Son
3 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 10/13 -- PlayStation Stories

Oct 9, 2012

Hey there, I leave my Sony story here for consideration. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Getting-through-cancer/m-p/38...

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to get this through.

-blu_unclegh

Message 41 of 50 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 9, 2012

My Playstation Story -- 

I started with borrowing time on a friend's PlayStation -- before it was called the PSOne -- before it was even known that this would be a phenomenon -- we spent all night playing Battle Arena Toshinden. We conquered the skies with Ace Combat, and we felt the chills of 'D'. 

We were not, as the ads said 'READY'. Smiley Happy 

The system was not only better than the other video game systems we'd played before, it was just beginning...because the fateful day I bought my own PlayStation was the day Final Fantasy 7 came out for the PlayStation. When I saw the words: Only on PlayStation, I KNEW I had to own one. Now, when I look back at ALL of the awesome titles PlayStation has had over the years, the Final Fantasies, the Silent Hills, the Metal Gears, I knew the PlayStation would be my brand for life. 

When the PS2 came out, I hesitated. I already had a DVD player, and was still limping along with my PS1. But then, Hideo Kojima released Zone of the Enders for PS2...which was a great title, but I bought MY PS2 because Zone of the Enders had a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2 on the disc. That was the second I knew PlayStation would be around my house forever. 

It's not just the games, though. It's the forward thinking of each iteration of PlayStation. 1 had CD Rom ability, but also the ability to play video cd. PS2 -- DVD player included -- which was (and still is) my backup DVD player -- and PlayStation 3 has the best BluRay player on the market, and one of the best looking consoles out there. 

My story is this: I'm a hardcore gamer. I like amazing presentation, quality gameplay, and when it was still viable, arcade perfect ports of my favorite fighting games -- no system competes with Sony for putting First Party titles out there that dominate the scene. Hello! God of War -- Uncharted -- need I go on? 

Probably not. 

The PS3 even got my wife into gaming. A little thing called Kingdoms of Amalur has her playing all day and night -- as well as Dragon Age. It's just a matter of time before we start playing Little Big Planet 2 together. Smiley Happy 

Long Live PS3. 

Message 42 of 50 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Message 43 of 50 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012
My ps3 story is this. I just got the slim just when it came out. I go home set it up and everything. My dad called me asked me if i wanted olive garden. I said ya. He comes too pick me up we go eat. But when i get home my ps3 is gone and the theif left a note saying. "Thnx for the new ps3 bro.... P.s. i left u a dollar." Then i just luaghed... Then i buaght a new 1..
Message 44 of 50 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2012
when i was a kid i had a genesis and only had one game for it sonic the hedge hog my mom couldn't afford more and sometimes i could rent a game when i was 15 i got an nintendo 64 and was unhappy with it i loved fighting games only sony would come out with a fighting game so my mom ended up returning the nintendo 64 and buying me a playstation the first thing i did was save up my money to buy fighting games then yugioh and kingdom hearts when playstation 2 came out when i got older i could afford more games
Message 45 of 50 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2012
when i was 18 i was sick with nemonia it got really bad but it pased yet i still felt week one day my mom baught me dragon ball z budokai for playstation 2 i loved singing to the title song it made me feel strong again i loved the part of the game when gohan turns super sayin 2 i took the words to heart
Message 46 of 50 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2012
to tell you the truth ive bean disapointed with psp systems in the past when psvita came out i was skeptical in its design i would seach the internet for reasons not to buy it in a way that made me want to buy it i played gravity rush demo in best buy one day and was hooked then one day in an inpulse i baught me one i enjoyed the you tube and internet and im hoping for a yugioh tag force 7 and my favorite game is gravity rush so far
Message 47 of 50 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Well my story starts back in 1997 i had an Exported demo from back in the days called (square-soft) and now is square-enix the game is called final fantasy vii and it was from when the song with the sword starts with a song called prelude and from there it finished when i exploded the reactor and the demo made me buy the game that is my reason why i bought the game and many other reasons also made me buy this marvellous game. Until date i still have the game in my room in perfect conditions Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 50 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
12 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Message 49 of 50 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts