Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 10/13 -- PlayStation Stories

Oct 9, 2012

Hey there, I leave my Sony story here for consideration. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Getting-through-cancer/m-p/38...

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to get this through.

-blu_unclegh

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 50 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 9, 2012

My Playstation Story -- 

I started with borrowing time on a friend's PlayStation -- before it was called the PSOne -- before it was even known that this would be a phenomenon -- we spent all night playing Battle Arena Toshinden. We conquered the skies with Ace Combat, and we felt the chills of 'D'. 

We were not, as the ads said 'READY'. :smileyhappy: 

The system was not only better than the other video game systems we'd played before, it was just beginning...because the fateful day I bought my own PlayStation was the day Final Fantasy 7 came out for the PlayStation. When I saw the words: Only on PlayStation, I KNEW I had to own one. Now, when I look back at ALL of the awesome titles PlayStation has had over the years, the Final Fantasies, the Silent Hills, the Metal Gears, I knew the PlayStation would be my brand for life. 

When the PS2 came out, I hesitated. I already had a DVD player, and was still limping along with my PS1. But then, Hideo Kojima released Zone of the Enders for PS2...which was a great title, but I bought MY PS2 because Zone of the Enders had a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2 on the disc. That was the second I knew PlayStation would be around my house forever. 

It's not just the games, though. It's the forward thinking of each iteration of PlayStation. 1 had CD Rom ability, but also the ability to play video cd. PS2 -- DVD player included -- which was (and still is) my backup DVD player -- and PlayStation 3 has the best BluRay player on the market, and one of the best looking consoles out there. 

My story is this: I'm a hardcore gamer. I like amazing presentation, quality gameplay, and when it was still viable, arcade perfect ports of my favorite fighting games -- no system competes with Sony for putting First Party titles out there that dominate the scene. Hello! God of War -- Uncharted -- need I go on? 

Probably not. 

The PS3 even got my wife into gaming. A little thing called Kingdoms of Amalur has her playing all day and night -- as well as Dragon Age. It's just a matter of time before we start playing Little Big Planet 2 together. :smileyhappy: 

Long Live PS3. 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 50 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 50 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012
My ps3 story is this. I just got the slim just when it came out. I go home set it up and everything. My dad called me asked me if i wanted olive garden. I said ya. He comes too pick me up we go eat. But when i get home my ps3 is gone and the theif left a note saying. "Thnx for the new ps3 bro.... P.s. i left u a dollar." Then i just luaghed... Then i buaght a new 1..
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 50 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2012
when i was a kid i had a genesis and only had one game for it sonic the hedge hog my mom couldn't afford more and sometimes i could rent a game when i was 15 i got an nintendo 64 and was unhappy with it i loved fighting games only sony would come out with a fighting game so my mom ended up returning the nintendo 64 and buying me a playstation the first thing i did was save up my money to buy fighting games then yugioh and kingdom hearts when playstation 2 came out when i got older i could afford more games
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 50 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2012
when i was 18 i was sick with nemonia it got really bad but it pased yet i still felt week one day my mom baught me dragon ball z budokai for playstation 2 i loved singing to the title song it made me feel strong again i loved the part of the game when gohan turns super sayin 2 i took the words to heart
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 50 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 9, 2012
to tell you the truth ive bean disapointed with psp systems in the past when psvita came out i was skeptical in its design i would seach the internet for reasons not to buy it in a way that made me want to buy it i played gravity rush demo in best buy one day and was hooked then one day in an inpulse i baught me one i enjoyed the you tube and internet and im hoping for a yugioh tag force 7 and my favorite game is gravity rush so far
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 50 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Well my story starts back in 1997 i had an Exported demo from back in the days called (square-soft) and now is square-enix the game is called final fantasy vii and it was from when the song with the sword starts with a song called prelude and from there it finished when i exploded the reactor and the demo made me buy the game that is my reason why i bought the game and many other reasons also made me buy this marvellous game. Until date i still have the game in my room in perfect conditions :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 50 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 50 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts