Re: Community Spotlight 10/13 -- PlayStation Stories

Oct 9, 2012
Message 32 of 50 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 9, 2012
When I was 5, my dad owned a PS2. I decided to play with it since he was at work. He really cherished it with his whole life. I found it a little dusty so i took it outside and washed it with a hose. Eventually it broke and he had it replaced.
Message 33 of 50 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 9, 2012
My best moment in gaming was when my 5 year old daughter asked Santa for Eye Pet 2. Well that's not the best part. When she opened her present from Santa and it WAS Eye Pet 2 she screamed..... Daddy daddy Santa is real !!!! He is!!!! He is!!!! Thank you Santa!!!!
No thank you Sony! Thank you !
Message 34 of 50 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012

In the winter 2008 and after months of  bargaining with my wife, I finally convinced her that we should upgrade from the Playstation 2 to the PS3.  This negotiating was easily on par with any high stake litigation or Washington DC backroom deal, littered with promises ranging from cleaning out the garage to play times as she runs a daycare from the home.  Despite the fact that she logged a fraction of the playtime that I have since we've been together, I was stunned to find that the linch pin to the deal turned out to be backwards compatibility.  She wanted to be able to play PS1 and PS2 games while I was at work. At that time, I would have been amazed if she had played a single game within the past year.

After coming to this agreement, I was confident that I would be playing games in beautiful HD in a matter of hours. Since we live in a very rural area of Northern California, I started making phone calls to various stores so that I wouldn't waste my time driving from store to store searching. I quickly learned however that at that point in the year, the PS3 had become such a popular item that my simple query was beginning to resemble the Iliad and the Odyssey. My phone calls had started at stores that were roughly a 30 min drive away, but were quickly expanding beyond my expectations. After hours of searching, I began to look at online retailers. At the time, the 80GB backwards compatible PS3 was listed at $499, yet I wasn't able to find an unopened unit for anything less than $900 on ebay.  It turns out that they were sold out everywhere including across the internet.  Returning to the phone, my search area had expanded from 30 min to 7 hours and a trip across state lines into rural Nevada, but I had finally located one single unit. After pleading my case to a Wal-Mart store manager, he agreed to take the unit off the shelf and hold it for me provided that I arrived within the next 24 hours and was able to show him my ID proving how far I was willing to drive.  Feeling a bit hopeless and not looking forward to driving over the Sierra mountains in the winter back and forth, I agreed and began trying to figure out how to explain this to my wife without her questioning my sanity or filing for divorce while I was gone.  After explaining to her my impending journey and somehow convincing her that I wasn't crazy I packed my car with extra clothes and began to set my alarm for a departure time that bordered on criminal.  I decided that a string of last minute calls to closer stores wouldn't hurt.

Almost fit of a Hollywood script, I spoke to a sales clerk at a Target store about 90 minutes away who suprisingly told me that they had received 5 units a couple of hours prior, but 4 of the units had already been purchased. Knowing that I only had 2 hours before the store closed I convinced the clerk that I not only would be at his register before closing time, but I would provide his store manager with a compliment filled letter that could only help him get a raise.  The clerk agreed and I ran out of the house with my wife left clueless in the bathroom.  Driving with complete disregard of most speeding laws, I was able to trim a 90 min drive down to about  70 min and without law enforcement intervention.  When I met the clerk and introduced myself, he nearly fell over laughing because of how fast I had gotten there and a lingering thought that nobody would travel that far at that hour for a game system. After leaving the store I doubled my effort and beat the 90 min mark returning home without ever losing the smile on my face.  I spent the next few days  playing the entire charge time on my controller and holding up my end of the negotiaions with my wife.

Message 35 of 50 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Oct 9, 2012
when ps2 was released i had got Eternal Ring and Tekken Tag. i got home connected it to the big screen and thought ill try Eternal Ring first. i never played a FPS game with really good graphics and i was excited playing it for the first time on a big screen. After about ten minutes of playing i got motion sickness and went to the bathroom and barfed. i felt sick for about a half hour. so i now decide to put that game to the side till i can manage to play it on the big screen, so i put Tekken tag in and practice for about a hour thinking im heck of good. Then the neighbor comes over and first match.... he kicked my butt. then he tells me he tells me he plays everyday at the arcade. i felt like Charlie Brown from Peanuts.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 36 of 50 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Oh hey, a nice little Halloween themed post for ya if you don't mind me postin'. Thanks for the contest and good luck to everyone.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/In-Time-For-Halloween-The-Joy...

Message 37 of 50 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 9, 2012
It started way back two year ago my mom and dad bought a PS3 plus games madden 11,burnout paradise,little big planet i thought lbp was a kids game I finaley plated it two days later and now im a sony nunt and lbp i have lbp,lbp 2 and im working to get lbp vita and lbp karting and lovein it and that is my story and by the way im weighing this from my PS vita :smileyhappy:
Message 38 of 50 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Message 39 of 50 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Hello, I want to share the memories I had when my brothers and I first got the original Playstation and the game it came with; Crash Bandicoot. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/My-Sony-Playstation-memories-...

Message 40 of 50 (173 Views)
0 Likes