First Son
1 posts

Re: Community Spotlight 10/13 -- PlayStation Stories

Oct 9, 2012

My favorite Playstation story comes from the first day it came out.

I found a Best Buy that I knew was getting a bunch in and I waited in line overnight. I got my machine and rushed home to hook it up.

Once it was connected and set up I put in Resistance:Fall of Man. The opening cut scene was amazing and drew me in right away. I sat there wide eyed just marveling at the detail and the sound quality. Then the cut scene stopped. I waited... and waited. Sgt. Nathan Hale just stood there. I thought, "Isn't that my luck. I got a bum disc". I reset the PS3 and started it over but again, in the same spot the cut scene stopped. I could still hear audio, but the video stopped. Feeling a bit dejected I placed my controller down beside me and when I did the analog stick bumped the throw pillow and Hale moved. I couldn't believe it. The cut-scene animation was the EXACT SAME as the game animation. It blew my mind.

I remember all of my buddies coming over to play and I showed each one of them the opening animation into the game and one by one they were just as stunned as I was.

I have been hooked ever since.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 50 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012

My funniest moment playing on playstation was playing Metal Gear Solid and playing against Psycho Mantis before having internet at the house to find out how to beat him.  I was playing against him so many times, i swore i was hearing people walking around the house when i knew no one was home.. It freaked me out tremendously.. I probably should have played with the lights on so it wasn't as freaky.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 50 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Well I remember way back in the hey day when i got my first console, the PS1 and having those awesome times with those classics, and remembering playing disrupor, madden NFL 2000,  need for speed hot pursuit, doom and many more, and alot of the time those golden oldies are the best games I have ever played. But playstation continues to bring fun to myself and now my family!

Thank You Sony/Playstation for your years of dedication and hardwork towards your community.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 50 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2012

My favorite Playstation story was when I had to replace my last PS3, it lasted over 5 years without having any issues with it, and I am proud that it outlasted three 360's and a wii, and also the only reason I had to replace it was because 80 gigs of memory wasn't doing it for me (kept filling up so fast with all the games i buy), so that PS3 is still alive and kicking, makes me proud to be a Playstation owner since the original Playstation came out, still have my PS1 and PS2 hooked up to other TVs in the house.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 50 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I got married to my wife in 2008. She is not the average gamer, she is the one that regularly runs into walls or gets stuck in corners. I had pretty much given up hope that we would ever be able to share the hobby that I enjoy so much. Then I purchased a little gem off of PSN called "Critter Crunch". I invited her over to the couch to see if she would be interested in playing. This bright and quirky fast paced game quickly became a favorite for us. It also has stayed with us through thick and thin just like our marriage. Through tragedy, arguments, the birth of both of our sons, and hopefully all the way to our 4th anniversary this Nov. 30. Critter crunch, PSN, and Sony is to thank for this staple in our family and hopefully soon when my son gets a little older he can jump in when my "thumbs" get tired. Thanks Playstation!

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 50 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
357 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Remember playing Ratchet and Clank back when it came out it 2002, and was playing the howver board race and spent about and hour trying to beat it and right when i finally beat it and was about to save, the power went out and had to do it all over again -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 50 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 9, 2012
My PlayStation Story

I didn't start playing PlayStation until the start of PS2. I actually got one as a gift on 12/25/03 and enjoyed crashing into trees and jumping off cliffs (purposely) in the ATV Offroad Fury Series. Gran Turismo 3 was a challenge, but had cool cars and killer race tracks. NBA was fun and a great sport for PlayStation.

Then on 12/25/05 I got my first PSP. I loved the remake of Ape Escape (which came with my system). Running around capturing the apes armed with weapons was humorous (even watching me get shot and karate chopped). Learning the apes' names and what they do totally made me LOL (my favorites: Chimp Li, Wacky Chan, Ape Yun Fat, Banana Bling Crew, Banana Bling Jrs.). Playing Dodgeball in NBA 06 was hilarious. Then I got a PSP 3000 (silver, slim) near the end of 2010, and opened up my PlayStation Network Account.

Around the same time a year later, I traded in all my PlayStation 2 stuff and games and got my PlayStation 3. I'm a real trophy hunter, and up to now I have 103 trophies. This summer I plan to start and finish the Little BIG Planet Series, and dance like a fool in PlayStation Home everyday. Now I play SSX since SSX 3 on my PS2 was awesome, and I can't wait for the SSX Classic DLC in May along with Starhawk. Starhawk Beta was nothing I ever imagined (getting run over by Razorbacks, stomped on by Hawks, and purposely jumping off the space battleground).

With PlayStation, you don't know what to expect. PlayStation itself will revolutionize gaming forever. Whenever someone falls down, someone steps up. Imagination never runs out. Creations, wonders, and possabilities are endless. Long Live Play.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 50 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 50 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts