Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 06 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Collections signaling the end of generation

5 replies 111 views Edited Sep 6, 2012

So theres been the Jak and Daxter, Ico/Shadow of the Collosus, inFAMOUS, God of War, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and now Killzone has been announced. Other than Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Resitance, and Litllebig Planet thats all of Sony's major franchises. Does this signale the end of series like inFamous and Killzone or just the end of this generation?

This is relevant to my inetrest
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24341 posts

Re: Collections signaling the end of generation

Sep 6, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:

So theres been the Jak and Daxter, Ico/Shadow of the Collosus, inFAMOUS, God of War, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and now Killzone has been announced. Other than Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Resitance, and Litllebig Planet thats all of Sony's major franchises. Does this signale the end of series like inFamous and Killzone or just the end of this generation?

The collections are just a way to satisfy some people's desire to relive older games, since PS2 playback was removed. For games like Sly Cooper and God of War, they are being released to both cash in and generate interest in a new game. God of War HD was release before God of War III, and we are getting a new game next year called Ascension, and Sly 4 Theives In Time is also on the way. There will most likely be another Killzone game and a new inFAMOUS game, as to when it's anyone's guess. And there is an Uncharted "collection", the first game and Uncharted 2: Among Theives are sold as a set now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (108 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Sep 7, 2012

End of a generation?

Hardly..... the PS3 still has quite a few years before it will no longer be officially supported.

Just because these HD collections come out, doesnt mean much..... HD collections have been coming for the last 3 years or so

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (103 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Sep 7, 2012
inFAMOUS is already in hd. EA's ceo had said the next gen is in the next year though right? I think
This is relevant to my inetrest
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 7, 2012
We are probably going to start seeing next generation games starting next year, but the current generation is still going to be viable and strong for the next couple of years...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24341 posts

Sep 7, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
inFAMOUS is already in hd. EA's ceo had said the next gen is in the next year though right? I think

inFAMOUS is a case where you have older games on the shelf, and you repackage them to get them selling again. As for EA's comments, everyone and their collective uncle has been predicting when the "next gen" is going to start. So far they've all been wrong. Many were predicting that the the PS4 and the next XBox were going to be shown at this year's E3, even after both parties said they weren't going to show any hardware. Yet that didn't stop the pundits from saying "oh yeah, they're going to show the PS4, how do I know? They just are". 

At this point I wouldn't worry too much about when the next generation hardware is or isn't going arrive. Enjoy your games, and don't let things that are out of your control bother you that much. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes