Nov 06 2013
By: UPT_DC_BobMarley Lombax Warrior 182 posts

CoD Ghosts or BF4

33 replies 362 views Edited Nov 6, 2013

I have CoD reserved for my PS4 but I'm seeing really mixed reviews on it, and some even saying that its graphics don't live up to the PS4's power. Wondering if I should go ahead and switch over to BF4. I liked BF3 but not as much as Black Ops2. I did hear that they made the campain better and fixed the ranking system for BF4 however which were really my only issues with BF3. What do you all think?

Message 1 of 34 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Re: CoD Ghosts or BF4

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

I'm just gonna put it like how a lot of people are saying it. CoD is new player or noob friendly. Maps are small and consistent, basic same spot camping, same route running, etc. BF4 is inconsistent, with huge maps, supports more players and has dynamic maps, which means it fluctuates, controllable by the player, with destructible environments and autonomous weather system. I believe that they are adding a new class to BF4 but I havn't read much into it to balance out the games, so it might refining the ranking system. However, at the end of the day CoD=More Players, BF4=Dare I say for the more hardcore players.

Message 2 of 34 (355 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12936 posts

Nov 6, 2013
Well for next gen bf4. If it were for this gen I'd go with cod
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 3 of 34 (352 Views)
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Nov 6, 2013

UPT_DC_BobMarley wrote: some even saying that its graphics don't live up to the PS4's power. 

Thats to be expected when the game engine is as old as current-gen consoles.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 34 (347 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Nov 6, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

UPT_DC_BobMarley wrote: some even saying that its graphics don't live up to the PS4's power. 

Thats to be expected when the game engine is as old as current-gen consoles.

That's true, but I expected them to at least try. Whats the point of having the resolution advantage and having the **bleep** frame rate skip. Dice atleast made improvements on what was already a good looking game. I'm bummed that IW couldn't do the same. Looks like I'm switching over more and more. Hell at this rate I might get Killzone before CoD, that game looks awesome. 

Message 5 of 34 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7684 posts

Nov 6, 2013
Honestly, if you're already doubting CoD.... you should just try something new, BF, KZ or whatever.
Hey That Chris signature
Message 6 of 34 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Nov 6, 2013

not trying to change the forum.. but what about COD, BF4 or Killzone?? Which one then?

Message 7 of 34 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Nov 6, 2013

ThugEffingLife wrote:

I'm just gonna put it like how a lot of people are saying it. CoD is new player or noob friendly. Maps are small and consistent, basic same spot camping, same route running, etc. BF4 is inconsistent, with huge maps, supports more players and has dynamic maps, which means it fluctuates, controllable by the player, with destructible environments and autonomous weather system. I believe that they are adding a new class to BF4 but I havn't read much into it to balance out the games, so it might refining the ranking system. However, at the end of the day CoD=More Players, BF4=Dare I say for the more hardcore players.

Actually the ign review states the maps are probably too large in the COD game for the amount of people playing on them, at least for the ps3, not sure if that number increases for the ps4.  So the map size should be good according to ign.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 8 of 34 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2013

OddFishy69 wrote:

not trying to change the forum.. but what about COD, BF4 or Killzone?? Which one then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHCYO-zDuUU

CoD Ghost on the Left and BF4 on the Right

KZ graphics just aren't my style.

I definetely prefer BF4.

Message 9 of 34 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Nov 6, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Honestly, if you're already doubting CoD.... you should just try something new, BF, KZ or whatever.

That's what I was thinking. Only problem is when I had my PS3 i wasn't really a fan of Killzone. I had BF3 but all my friends had CoD so I didn't really get into it, and I didn't really like the ranking system for it anyway.

Message 10 of 34 (323 Views)
0 Likes