Sackboy
399 posts

Re: CoD: BO Declassified Concerns

Jun 21, 2012

I agree ports are usually not the answer, but if I had to choose between a port or a watered down version of COD with spec ops missions only and limited multiplayer, I'd pick the port every time.  If the information above is true and that is what's coming to the Vita for $50, I will sell mine now before the bottom completely falls out.  For $50 on a system as powerful as the Vita, we should be getting much more.

Message 11 of 39 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 21, 2012

I do think it is a bit concerning that no screenshots or video footage was taken of this game, but there is always Gamescom and TGS...

Message 12 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Honestly, I think a Spec-ops style single player tailor-made for the Vita is the best way to go. The system needs established franchises to draw peoples' attention but those franchises need to be differentiated from their console counterparts enough for those people to justify buying multiple copies of one franchise in the same month. If you present someone with Black Ops 2 for PS3 and Black Ops 2 for Vita, chances are, they're going to take the PS3 version for the better graphics, ability to play on their big screen, surround sound, etc. At least this will make it seem more like a companion game for the PS3 version. Hopefully, that will bring in the die hard COD players because they'll be getting more missions, new multiplayer maps, etc. I don't want all games to be like that. Racing, fighting, platformers and maybe a few others already work perfectly on the go. I don't really need to play through AC3's story on two different systems, or COD's for that matter, so I'm okay with Vita exclusive side-games (kind of like the PSP's GoW titles).

As for multiplayer, I would hope whoever's developing this will realize that's where their money is made. They have all of the systems in place for customization, loadouts, gametypes, etc so I hope they won't skimp out on porting that stuff. They announced that a COD game would be coming back when the Vita was shown off as the NGP. That would give them almost 2 years of development time for this game. That seems like the amount of time Infinity Ward and Treyarch get for the console versions, so hopefully the Vita version will be polished by the time it comes out.

Message 13 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Not too much info is given about this game to make me give my opinion about it but 50$ for a handheld game, it's gonna be a great game for the Vita like Uncharted, and nobody buy COD game for just the singeplayer, they buy it for multiplayer, and as long as they can keep their kill streak, kill death raito high and on top of the leaderboard. they're not gonna care if its suck and unfair like Resistance

Photobucket
Message 14 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Uncharted: Golden Abyss was $50 for only a single player experience. Which had little to no replay value. At least this game will have different modes and Multiplayer. Overpriced for a handheld game? Sure but at least it will technically be worth it.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 15 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Jun 21, 2012

i personally enjoy Uncharted, you can clearly see the reason why it's overpriced, everything is top notch, not to mention amazing graphic, visual and epic gameplay. but yeah, overpriced handheld game have lot of promise, at least this game give me hope for multiplayer online pvp instead of waiting for the long waited patch for resistance

Photobucket
Message 16 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Let me just say to think about this....Madden NFL Football.  Would you prefer a Madden NFL '13 on Vita or a Madden NFL '13: Goal Maker, or some crap, designed and optimized specifically for Vita?  How about Fifa? How about Mortal Kombat or Marvel vs. Capcom 3??? These games all fall in to the same category because they are third party devs but you still see their full game on ALL the consoles and handhelds with the same exact name.  Features might be a bit different and graphics might be dulled a bit, but it's still the same game.  Another disappointment now is it turns out that the New LEGO Batman 2 game for Vita is a 3DS PORT! not the full LEGO Batman 2 that is on the PS3 or XboX which is getting unbelievable praise!

While the Batman game situation is not that bad of a thing, it is disappointing because the point Im trying to get out here is the fact that the Vita can handle home console experiences, which has already been proven with the above listed games.  Still  make Vita games of course, but when big names like CoD get shoved to the side to promote micro shooting missions... forget it.

I don't want all Vita games to be ports, but I want the big named 3rd PARTY games to be ported to the Vita, Yes.  If the dev's or publishers want to create a new IP that's a different story.  But to have an established franchise get booted for a "different on-the-go" experience... screw it!  I don't want an "optimized on-the-go" game.  Just give me the game with dulled graphics.  to prove my point:  MORTAL KOMBAT IS AMAZING! 

Message 17 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Me personally if they atleast make the Multplayer, full fledged , then Single player IMO wouldn't matter. With most of the COD's and BF agmes, I usually only play the single player when I want a break from multi. So if they announce or release any updates for a great COD multiplayer experince, with all the same things as console, then I would be happy. Thats my opinion at least.

Photobucket

Message 18 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 21, 2012

I have posted replies on this before however once again, as long as there is a 4 gig limit on the game cartridges we will not be receiving many of the equal quality gaming experiences between the Vita and PS3.  For online enthusiasts it doesn't matter much but first person campaign enthusiast it should matter. 

Developers have been very positive about creating games for the Vita however there has also been negative comments about the 4 gig limit.  I understand that Sony wants product diversification between their console and handheld however it is all about the games on both units. 

Message 19 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 23, 2012

I totally agree about Mortal Kombat. Now that is a real game for the Vita. I bought my vita for on the go console experiences. I love playing on the Vita more than using my console. I have a 360 and I love it but if my wife is using the tv, I love pulling out my vita and playing on that. I'm not a fanboy of any console btw, I just prefer the 360 controller as do all my friends. I'm actually one of the few that doesn't own a ps3 and owns a vita. I would love to see first party sony titles ported to the vita so I can play them.

For Declassified I've been worried too. I love CoD campaigns( in the minority there too) and I'm afraid this game will be a watered down joke like resistance bs. I want a real campaign, full fledged multiplayer not this handheld tailored crap and ZOMBIES!!! I would love for some zombies on the good. Yes I have they on my iPhone but even on veteran it's ridiculously easy. I wouldn't mind buying black ops 2 for both my 360 and my vita as long as the vita game wasn't watered down. I just want some real good console experiences.

Message 20 of 39 (99 Views)
0 Likes