Highlighted
Jun 20 2012
By: OptimusC Wastelander 694 posts
Accepted Solution

CoD: BO Declassified Concerns

38 replies 330 views Edited Jun 20, 2012

So I saw a few leaks for this upcoming Vita game.  IGN and GameInformer have articles on it, with possible price and possible release date.  Seems like it will be $49.96, as listed by both Wal-Mart and Amazon.  The details for this game listed under the description states:

"Before the future could be won, history had to be written. Exposing that story exclusively on PlayStation Vita, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified explores original fiction in the Call of Duty Black Ops universe with an all-new campaign of Special Ops missions. Optimized for gamers on-the-go, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified delivers the most intense handheld Call of Duty experience to date, including both Special Ops Story mode and Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita."

Now I have noticed some things with this description that really have thrown me off course with wanting to purchase this game and has given me a couple of concerns.

Firstly, I dont want another Unit 13.  I don't want to have to have a bunch of just mini shooter missions that tie in to one thing.  This shouldn't be like that.  It's pretty much the reason why I didn't pick up Unit 13.  I dont want to have to click which mission I want, just give me a regular good 'ol campaign with a good story like Resistence: BS that has a good flow like a ReGUlar CoD. This is a concern that I hope I am mistaken by, however, IGN is stating that it will be like Unit 13...."What does it all mean? Well, it appears that Declassified is going to play much like Unit 13, the Zipper Interactive-created PlayStation Vita game that revolved around bite-sized shooter missions (albeit in third-person)"

Second, Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita.  I am concerned that this will be pretty lackluster.  Resistance: BS multiplayer was fun, but small maps, small amount of players, and hardly any customizations or really anything to work for... I hope they will really make this robust.

Lastly, I have already put a post up as to why I am upset that these are not FULL games like CoD:BO2 will be.  I have stated that I wish they just gave BO2 instead of this along with AC3 instead of AC3:Liberties.  Why do Vita owners have to get these mock-up washed-bland games?  The system is much more capable of delivering (or porting) these bigger named games and it would help the handheld console definitely sell more units!! 

I seriously will not be picking this game up if it is following suit of Unit 13, and now I have to worry about how AC3: Liberties will be cut up and washed out.... sigh...

Hope I am wrong...

Message 1 of 39 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Re: CoD: BO Declassified Concerns

Jun 20, 2012

for $50, this is the most expensive Vita game, next to U:Golden Abyss.... If they can port CoD:BO, MW2, MW3 on the Wii, they can port these full games to the Vita.

Message 2 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Jun 20, 2012

We do not even know who the developer is or seen any gameplay of what it is, it also does not even have a official date. So I would take all of this with a grain of salt until they actually show it.

Message 3 of 39 (328 Views)
Wastelander
694 posts

Jun 20, 2012

yeah, I totally agree, this is a wait and see match...  but just... i still can't help feeling concerned for the future of our investments... i know it's the beginning... but i didn't feel this way with PS3... i knew PS3 would take off like it did.... but i definitely was let down big time with PSP and just from that sense... i fear for the future of this market....

Message 4 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13493 posts

Jun 20, 2012

OptimusC wrote:

So I saw a few leaks for this upcoming Vita game.  IGN and GameInformer have articles on it, with possible price and possible release date.  Seems like it will be $49.96, as listed by both Wal-Mart and Amazon.  The details for this game listed under the description states:

"Before the future could be won, history had to be written. Exposing that story exclusively on PlayStation Vita, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified explores original fiction in the Call of Duty Black Ops universe with an all-new campaign of Special Ops missions. Optimized for gamers on-the-go, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified delivers the most intense handheld Call of Duty experience to date, including both Special Ops Story mode and Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita."

Now I have noticed some things with this description that really have thrown me off course with wanting to purchase this game and has given me a couple of concerns.

Firstly, I dont want another Unit 13.  I don't want to have to have a bunch of just mini shooter missions that tie in to one thing.  This shouldn't be like that.  It's pretty much the reason why I didn't pick up Unit 13.  I dont want to have to click which mission I want, just give me a regular good 'ol campaign with a good story like Resistence: BS that has a good flow like a ReGUlar CoD. This is a concern that I hope I am mistaken by, however, IGN is stating that it will be like Unit 13...."What does it all mean? Well, it appears that Declassified is going to play much like Unit 13, the Zipper Interactive-created PlayStation Vita game that revolved around bite-sized shooter missions (albeit in third-person)"

Second, Multiplayer combat tailored for the PS Vita.  I am concerned that this will be pretty lackluster.  Resistance: BS multiplayer was fun, but small maps, small amount of players, and hardly any customizations or really anything to work for... I hope they will really make this robust.

Lastly, I have already put a post up as to why I am upset that these are not FULL games like CoD:BO2 will be.  I have stated that I wish they just gave BO2 instead of this along with AC3 instead of AC3:Liberties.  Why do Vita owners have to get these mock-up washed-bland games?  The system is much more capable of delivering (or porting) these bigger named games and it would help the handheld console definitely sell more units!!

I seriously will not be picking this game up if it is following suit of Unit 13, and now I have to worry about how AC3: Liberties will be cut up and washed out.... sigh...

Hope I am wrong...

So you'd rather the Vita get a bunch of ports instead?

While yes, the Vita could probably handle both BO2 and AC3 (albeit with some graphical downsizing), since the Vita version would still be slightly inferior (especially with BO2, since there's no "Click the stick to sprint or knife" with the absence of L3 and R3), anyone who owned a PS3 AND a Vita would only buy the Vita version (since why shell out $50 for the same game, of slightly less quality?)

And the multiplayer would then be unfair,  unless they somehow prevented cross play (so that Vita owners can't vs PS3 owners)

PS3 owners would have it easier with Surround Sound headphones, larger, brighter TVs, and easier controls.

And of course, we don't know how the Vita would handle something like  Ground War, with 20 or so players all playing at the same time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 39 (328 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Why the hell would someone want ports? There's a good chance that you'll buy Black Ops 2 on console as well. And I don't want a port. Since we have to wait until the end of the year, I want a specially made Vita title. Not some copy and paste shit for $50.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 6 of 39 (328 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Jun 20, 2012

ok so i did my research and from what i can tell a campaign is a series of objectives that must be overcome in a specific order now on unit 13 you dont have to after you complete the 1st mission you can work on the 10th and dont u play as a speacial ops team on black ops and if you do then the missions in the campaign you go on would be known as speacial op missions or speacial op campaigns so i believe its gonna be a call of duty instead of a unit 13

Message 7 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Optimized is starting to piss me off. I bought the Vita to play console games on the go... not watered down, fast, casual versions of our favorite games. This is the very reason why I didnt buy Resistance. I guess now I can only look forward to Little Big Planet. Its a total copout from developers to make half a game for full price. No real story or fragmented gameplay, no buy... for me.

Message 8 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13493 posts

Jun 20, 2012

BadboyStudiosInc wrote:

Optimized is starting to **** me off. I bought the Vita to play console games on the go... not watered down, fast, casual versions of our favorite games. This is the very reason why I didnt buy Resistance. I guess now I can only look forward to Little Big Planet. Its a total copout from developers to make half a game for full price. No real story or fragmented gameplay, no buy... for me.

So what, make the Vita ONLY get PS3 ports?

I would sell mine if that happened.

That's even more reason for them NOT to allow remote play of PS3 games.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Jun 20, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

BadboyStudiosInc wrote:

Optimized is starting to **** me off. I bought the Vita to play console games on the go... not watered down, fast, casual versions of our favorite games. This is the very reason why I didnt buy Resistance. I guess now I can only look forward to Little Big Planet. Its a total copout from developers to make half a game for full price. No real story or fragmented gameplay, no buy... for me.

So what, make the Vita ONLY get PS3 ports?

I would sell mine if that happened.

That's even more reason for them NOT to allow remote play of PS3 games.

I'd do the same thing if that was the case.

Message 10 of 39 (328 Views)
0 Likes