Jun 18 2013
By: Blayde707 First Son 15 posts

Cheap bluetooth keyboards?

4 replies 73 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

I purchased a $12 bluetooth keyboard on amazon, it will connect to the ps3 fine and i can use it. However whenever I turn the keyboard on and try to use it will not function. I watch the manage bluetooth devices screen on the ps3 and see the little blue dot lights up and goess of when i turn the keyboard on and off so i know it connects, however it will not send any input. I also tried the keyboard on my iphone and it doesn't have the problem there. 

Does anyone have any recomendations on how to fix this or another keyboard under $20 that you know works? I plan to play A Realm Reborn and I just need it for messaging.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3097 posts

Re: Cheap bluetooth keyboards?

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Sorry to hear that. I have the Logitech Bluetooth official PS3 keyboard. My wife gave it to me as a Christmas gift years ago and it was around $70. Might be cheaper now but I never have an issue. Your issue could be a simple fix. If you synced it to another device after the PS3 then the system will no longer recognize the keyboard because it has been synced to another device ( your phone ). What I suggest it delete it from the Bluetooth settings on your PS3 system. Then have it scan and detect your keyboard and sync it back up to the system and see if that works.

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7404 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Is it, by any chance, this one?

pieceocrap

These things are utter junk. Squishy, nasty feel. Terrible reliability. Was advertised to work on PS3 but absolutely didn't. I have two of these in my drawer and they don't work with PS3 full stop.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 19, 2013

The PS3 Wireless Blutetooth Keyboard, made by Sony and attaches to your Dual Shock 3, is only $30 on Amazon.  That's what I'm using as a beta tester for FFXIV, and it works like a dream.

With electronics, very often you get what you pay for.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (41 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 19, 2013

I am using this one: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6193Lb7ORNL._SL1000_.jpg

I can remove and readd the keyboard and that fixes temporarily, however any time i turn it off and back on it will stop senidng input and i have to delete and readd again.

And yeah, I know i get what i pay for. Its a cheap keyboard. I may just deal with it, readding it isn't much of a hassle and it seems i can do it on the fly while in a game anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (34 Views)
0 Likes