Oct 03 2012
By: RByers Lombax Warrior 99 posts

Charging Pulse - Elite Headset

13 replies 14802 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

Hey everyone,

I got the new headset yesterday and they are awesome. But I'm having a little bit of a problem With charging. They charge fine from my PS3, or plugged into a computer USB but they won't charge on neither my energizer controller and USB docking station or a powered USB hub I have. The controlers and playstation Bluetooth head set charge fine from both but the new pulse headset will not charge from them. I don't like leaving the playstation running for hours just to charge stuff and was wondering if anyone has has luck with either a charging station or usb hub with the new headsets. 

PS3, PS4, Vita, And xBone
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (14,802 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7482 posts

Re: Charging Pulse - Elite Headset

Oct 3, 2012

I only have the original Wireless Headset and noticed basically the same thing, that it would only charge from the PS3 or from a Computer USB port.

Eventually, I found that both my iPad and Kindle chargers work, while my iPhone charger does not.  I think the wireless stereo headsets (like the PSVita) require a bit more power to charge than most 'uncontrolled' USB ports provide.

The other option, if you don't have one of these higher power chargers, is to use a computer's USB port to charge the headphones.  Most PCs have a setting to keep the USB ports powered even while the computer is in sleep mode.

Barring that, use your PS3, running the PS@Home app with the Automatic Shutdown settings active.

Destiny Beta: Abbarrax
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (14,790 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Oct 3, 2012
I did have luck on my iPhone and iPad chargers. Just wish they made a easier way to keep all of the accessories charged. I have 3 controllers, a set of move controllers, Bluetooth headset, and now the pulse headset. No I don't use them all, all the time but you can't let them just sit around and die and expect the battery to take a charge every time. Thanks for the input. Good to know I'm not alone. Anyone else have any luck?
PS3, PS4, Vita, And xBone
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (14,785 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Oct 3, 2012
my usb plugs in to my SAMSUNG GNOTE usb block and charges my OG headset just fine
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (14,779 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Best Buy is carrying a Sony PS3 Ultra Power Hub that should solve that issue. I also plan on picking up this headset and foresaw the same issue.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (14,706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Hi all,

I've had the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset since they came out. I have tried to use them a couple of times for gaming on my PS3 WHILE charging, and both times the connection between the headset and the USB dongle starts to bounce every 2 - 5 seconds, making it impossible to use them. Because of this, once the headset's battery is empty, I have to plug them but cannot use them at the same time.

Have this happened to anyone else? Could my headset be faulty?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (14,601 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Oct 30, 2012

@ saga gem

Ive never had that problem and since the battery life is pretty bad, I've used them while charging plenty of times. Depending on where you got them I'd try to return them, and if not contact Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (14,595 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Oct 30, 2012
Noticed same promblem on old sony wireless hdset cld only charge via ps3 or comp haven tried charging the new ones on anything but the ps3 yet. My suggestion is unless u wear them for everything ur doing on the ps3 keep em plugged in while ur watchong dvd or playing a game u dont care to use them on. That way their never dead n always getting a charge in between games.Also i just seen at our local meijer a attachment outlet muti plug that has 2 normal sockets and 2 usb plugs for usb charging i bet that wld be enough juice to plug into was only like12 bucks
Gamer till the End
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (14,588 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Oct 30, 2012

saga_gem wrote:

Hi all,

I've had the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset since they came out. I have tried to use them a couple of times for gaming on my PS3 WHILE charging, and both times the connection between the headset and the USB dongle starts to bounce every 2 - 5 seconds, making it impossible to use them. Because of this, once the headset's battery is empty, I have to plug them but cannot use them at the same time.

Have this happened to anyone else? Could my headset be faulty?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Get your Portable ID!

Not sure what you mean by bounce????Yet I have had them since they came out and havent had a problem with them.I just wish the battery would last longer.I have a 10 foot chargeing cord I use to connect to my computer while I play.

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (14,585 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I have been tired of the battery dying on me. I also used it while charging. Now However THEY WON'T EVEN CHARGE!!! returning these. They are awesome, but didn't seem to last long. k

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (12,718 Views)
0 Likes