Highlighted
Jun 26 2013
By: PolskieBMW First Son 6 posts

Changing your PlayStation Network Gamer Tag/Name/Id

14 replies 1525 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

i think Sony should introduce to option to change your Playstation Network Gamer Tag/Name/Id for a small fee just like what microsoft does but also having limits on how many time you can change your name in a certain time period (ex: you can only change your PSN name once a month). who else thinks they should introduce this?

Message 1 of 15 (1,525 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Changing your PlayStation Network Gamer Tag/Name/Id

Jun 26, 2013

I think they should!

Message 2 of 15 (1,524 Views)
VP of Gaming
29169 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

And if they charged you a "small fee", you'd be complaining it should be free. They tell you to make sure you can live with your name, because once you committ yourself, there's no going back. And how many would create names that were what ever was trendy at the moment? Do we really need 10,000 people changing their name to "BeiberHater"?

I know you're probably sitting there thinking "I'll ask this question, and I'll get so many responses Sony will be sure to notice and they'll take action because of me!", however this has been asked MANY, MANY, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY times before. One more topic really isn't going to tilt the scales in your favor.

Message 3 of 15 (1,507 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 26, 2013
why would it be bad? i mean easy revenue for PlayStation and there would be less unused accounts on PlayStation Network. why would i want it free, i mean im not going to change my name every other week. i just want a new identity. Microsoft does it, why can't we?
Message 4 of 15 (1,497 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Jun 26, 2013

How many more of threads on this subject do we need in here. Hey ya'll, if we each make 100 threads about this topic, maybe, just maybe sony will make our wish come true. *sarcasm*

Message 5 of 15 (1,496 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 26, 2013
so what if its been asked several times? why can't i try, because its been failed before? Eventually something can happen, i'm not saying it will, but it can.
Message 6 of 15 (1,489 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29169 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

PolskieBMW wrote:
why would it be bad? i mean easy revenue for PlayStation and there would be less unused accounts on PlayStation Network. why would i want it free, i mean im not going to change my name every other week. i just want a new identity. Microsoft does it, why can't we?

Because "but.. but... but... but... Microsoft!?" is not a valid reason. And you say that you wouldn't change it every week, but with the short attention spans that people have they'd probably change it hourly. I have a hard enough time remembering people on my friends list, I don't need it changing every ten minutes.

As for "less unused accounts", the people who create those accounts have the right to keep whatever they paid money for, and why would they want people just to take up screen names for the sake of it.

Message 7 of 15 (1,485 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

PolskieBMW wrote:
so what if its been asked several times? why can't i try, because its been failed before? Eventually something can happen, i'm not saying it will, but it can.

It will fail repeatedly if you put your effort in the wrong place. Go through the proper channels and vote on the PlayStation Blog Share.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/?s=change+name

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 8 of 15 (1,475 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 26, 2013
so what if people changing their names every hour, revenue for PlayStation... i don't understand why you approach this thread in an aggressive manner. If you have a hard time remembering people on your friend's list. tuff luck, its not my problem. maybe you should add so many people.
Message 9 of 15 (1,474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Thanks man! first time on the forums Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 15 (1,468 Views)
0 Likes