First Son
4 posts

Re: Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!

Sep 13, 2009

yeah changeing the country/region should b allowed.

i'm  one of the victoms  of this. 1st when i bought the PS3, i was in america. i moved overseas  and then i wanted to change my country in my PS3  so i can buy add-ons for furthor games that i'll buy. i was shocked when i found out that i can't do it.    i said ok     i'll create  a new ID   and just copy the games there and everything will b solved.

again  i was shocked  that there is some games r copy prohibited   just like SF4(street fighter 4) ..... i said  ok 1 or 2 games top 3 games i can play'em all over again. directly when i said that   the trophies came in mind.....even if the save point is copyable  the trophies   won't  b copied with it. i believe  that is a shame 4 sony  and it's pain 4 the gamers.

anyhow   i emailed SCEA and i'm full of hope and i was 200% sure not just 100% but 200%   that my problem will b definatly  solved.

what i wrote to them was:

greetings.

i got a problem changing my user address.

well here is the problem. i moved overseas and now i can't change the country/state in the address infos.

i don't want to creat a new user because that means i'll have no trophies and what's most important to me is that there's some of the save points i have r copy prohibited.

i hope that there will be an update in the system or in the PSN system i don't know but the important thing is fixing that in the neer future.

their answer was:

Unfortunately, once a PLAYSTATION(R)Network account is created the country for that account is unable to be modified.
You would have to create a new PLAYSTATION(R)Network account to access another country PLAYSTATION(R)Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

COME ON!!   can u believe that!!!

i told them  i don't  want to simply create a new user and lose  all what i have.

and they said oh yeah  all u got to do is creating a new one!!!!    what i was talking about in the message huh??!!!!!

i got so bored with that to the limit that i'm playing WoW(world of warcraft)  again.

that is just a horriable pain!!

Message 11 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: ***Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!***

Sep 13, 2009

oh i 4got to mention that i have even posted   a subject concerning my problem hopeing that s sony employee would find it and solve my problem.

all who answered were moslty just gamers like me.

and here it is:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&message.id=480570#M4805...

but let's  just stick with one place which is here.

hopeing that they will notice the fuss being here and really do something about it.

Message 12 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Sep 17, 2009

I JUST moved to my home country after 10 years being in US, had a PS3 since launch... at least 4 bills ($400) on downloadable games alone, and finding out that half of them will not work online? That’s BS if you ask me… why I can not change the country?

Message 13 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Sep 18, 2009

I Agree And I Think Its Time For Change.For 3 Years We have lived in the shadow of the xbox 360 and microsoft,them getting all the new expansions and dlc before us etc.Now that fw 3.0 is out,ironically ,ps3s are getting the YLOD,not only that,just as the slim is out...?!?!?**bleep**...Sony set up these forums,and i bet they dont read all the things wanted by us ps3 users like this thread.I want to change the address,So do thousands of people..This thread was probably posted months ago and still no change...Sony , Kop on and give us what we want,like microsoft did,and then everyone will be happy...

Playstation 3 500GB - Xbox 360 Elite 120GB - Toshiba Regza 42'' HD TV - PSP 3000 Red 2GB

Get your Portable ID!
Message 14 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Sep 18, 2009

prediciton: NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

The truth of the matter is that their are different laws and regulations in different countries that the PS store has to honour.  Take for instance that there was no video store for Canadian residents.  By not allowing countrie changes, sony is discouraging people from lying about where they are from.

Message 15 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1098 posts

Sep 18, 2009

If your unable to buy stuff then just make a new account with the correct region.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - PPFabian
Message 16 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Sep 19, 2009

PPFabian wrote:

just make a new account with the correct region.

Really? What about **bleep** i bought in US do i make a new account and that **bleep** will magically region code itself back to Europe? None US ONLINE games work online, here in Europe.

Message Edited by Vlad on 09-19-2009 04:03 PM
Message 17 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 27, 2009
i-m another victim, i used to live in england, but moved to spain so my account was set for the UK, obviously, well i picked up the language pretty quick, (i had no choice) and got a real good deal on fallout 3 the only prob was that its in spanish, now that the expansions are coming out i've downloaded them, the only one out currently is broken steel, its the one people have been after most, well you need to have the code BLES 00333 on the case, unfortunetly the code on my case is BLES 00337 so i can't play it. i can understand the need for different codes but why do they come into play for some games and not others? i've downloaded content for Saints Row 2, Army of TWO, Lair, Resistance:Fall of Man, and Resistance 2 and all of them work, and all of them i got in spain. if i had access to the spanish PS store then i wouldn't complain.
Message 18 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Sep 27, 2009

See, with this...

When you register, you sign to the PSN ToS, but for that region/country, and then all the rules, laws and regulations fall into the overseeing company, like SCEE or SCEA

They are not one in the same, which is why changing your country has been left out, threw all the complications

It is just like people who want to change their ID's, it does state when you sign up, this cannot be changed, and i can see a number of reasons backing this

Also, Sony doesnt read this, several other forums have devs and managers and such who work for Sony and browse their designated board

But as for this board, i doubt very much any Sony official reads

Message 19 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Sep 28, 2009

eastavenge wrote:

Also, Sony doesnt read this, several other forums have devs and managers and such who work for Sony and browse their designated board

But as for this board, i doubt very much any Sony official reads

Which forums do they read, cuz i have to do something about it...

Message 20 of 115 (529 Views)
0 Likes