Fender Bender
3002 posts

Re: ***Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!***

Nov 13, 2011

Jotamide wrote:

Using thread necromancy, I want to say that I totally agree with this. I mean it ******* DIGITAL content, not that the internet has a country or physical defined location. It can't be that hard to make your US content valid in a EU region as well.

It's not that it's "hard" but there are legalities and processes and copyrights to take into consideration.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 113 (1,577 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jan 20, 2012

I'm in the same boat ... moved from Canada to US. Any changes in Sony's policy regarding changing region. Obviously I don't want to lose all my games, trophies etc.

Following thread recommendation, I'll fire an email to Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 113 (1,577 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2012

I'm in the same boat as well. Moved from Japan back to Sweden, and would like the change the region settings. Mailed Sony as per the recommendation.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 113 (1,579 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Apr 27, 2012

I like

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 113 (1,579 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
439 posts

May 26, 2012

This has to be changed! I bought this system new. During setup for whatever reason it or i selected the wrong country...my guess is it was the country below mine on the drop down menu. Whatever the reason...even putting in the simplest stuff like credit card info to d load content or games it wants that countries money...and when I try to input my credit card info my psn states the wrong country and it doesn't match the credit card info on my account. So.by Not fixing this problem someone is losing money/business....You'd think it would be an easy fix. I change everything else...why not my country? shit happens Sony...fix this problem.

Hey! I am Canadian, I am sorry if you've offended me.
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 113 (1,579 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 8, 2012

to: Sony Playstion

I agree i chosed norwegian and i want US! so anoying!

I hope they change it same with the psn id change. they shoud do it so it cost

$5 dollers per name change!!! they will  earn more money and we will be HAPPY!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 113 (1,579 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16217 posts

Jun 8, 2012

to:rosiver99

I hope people will put more thought into their PSN Id before they make it. They should also make an account using the region they are from.

Maybe they should do a forum search before they start another of these threads. It would make me and many others more HAPPY!!!!!

-That's what I think.

-Anyone agree

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 113 (1,579 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jul 8, 2012

you can't change your country just create another account with your country.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 113 (1,554 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 5, 2012

Is there even a point of us posting here they will never listen !!  

ive been asking for a few things for nearly a year now and no good...

they were-

(1). i made an account but i put united kingdom in region instead of ireland i want to buy map packs and even games but wont allow me becuase my region united kingdom you should make a way to change it back...

(2). Why cant you install cross gaming voice chat like on xbox that is awsome  a great idea infact ( WHY NOT )

(3). Allow us to play music while in games like xbox!!! would be great to play mw3 and have my favourite music playing in the back ground 

i know im probally asking for alot but could you atleast help my change my account region to ireland i dont want to go making new users just to download stuff 

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 113 (1,501 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 28, 2012
Wow this is incredible Sony!, I've been reading messages asking for this from like 3years ago,,,, please let us change the country!!, I'm in Colombia and when I used my Ps3 for the first time it only gave me U.S. and mexico for location, I chose mex seeing no problem on that but now that I'm playing GT5 online for the first time I hate to have another country flag on my car... As far as I've seen Sony has no interest on us, their clients, so here I am Shouting To the wind?...
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 113 (1,440 Views)
0 Likes