Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: ***Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!***

Oct 10, 2010

Adelheid wrote:

Keep that support coming! And sony please leave a reply on this thread!

Also, Everyone! cast your votes here too, it helps on our cause...

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/change-the-
country-of-your-psn-account/

I hate to tell you this but Sony does not post on these forums. But I did vote for this so you got my support all the way.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 115 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Oct 10, 2010

Zakq wrote:

Sony is full of **bleep**, they should also let you change your online id.

Kudos for you man! I agree 100% Even though I been a Sony fan since the beginning. Sony is full of crap right now. They are slacking off with features and are more focus on things they can release another time.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 115 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 14, 2010

Just here to show my support.

When I signed up my country wasn't on th list "Thailand" and I thoght I'd picked Hong Kong but the ps3 is now saying my region is Taiwan. I've never even been to Taiwan.

I need to buy the vip codes for BC2 but can't.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 115 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 24, 2010

Agreed. Whole heartedly!

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 115 (179 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25752 posts

Oct 24, 2010

Zakq wrote:

...they should also let you change your online id.

That's exactly what PSN stalkers and harassers want. That way they can change their IDs without losing their trophies, stats and saves.

A few things I always tell people who get a PS3 for the first time - think carefully about the name that you intend to use. Do you want it to be recognizable and easy to remember? Is it acceptable to the Terms of Service? What are the chances of you regretting the name that you chose a year from now?

Always think carefully before you commit.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 115 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 11, 2010

I just moved from France to Belgium (and before that I was in Germany ... yeah, Sony moving is not that unusual) and what did I get from customer service? I cite verbatim "You will need to repurchase the content if you wish to play it on your new PlayStation Network account." YES! They want me to purchase AGAIN what is already legally mine! Doesn't this sound like the typical "I sell the same thing multiple times" scam to you?

I'm sooo for country change. Is it that impossible to check your country by checking your credit card? >_>

So, for my PSP I'll either install custom firmware or change my country... Whatever comes out first.

@Conrad_max : Stalkers and harassers? How old are you? 5 years old? Ever played outside PSN in the real internet? Just learn to cope with it and don't be paranoid. You're not that special that everyone wants to "stalk" you or so fragile that you would die by being "harrased" (though I wonder what you classify as harrasment  *rolls eyes*)

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 115 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Im back to keep the thread alive, and more people are aware of it, please sony we are still waiting to a solution for this

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 115 (179 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Mar 27, 2011

I have a Japanese account, but i live in canada. So when I play Black Ops, Treyarch decided to make it region based.. so I play with Japanese people and always have 2 bar connection.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 115 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Hi.

I'm in a similar situation to people on here. I live in Australia and bought my PS3 here, but I'm actually English and for numerous reasons I predominantly buy my games from the UK. I got stuck on numerous occasions with games like COD and Uncharted where the DLC was region locked to the discs. I also wondered what I would do when/if I returned to the UK.

I came up with a quick fix. I haven't actually changed my profile country for my main PSN account, but a way to get a round it is to set up a second profile on your PS3 then create a new PSN account with that profile, using the country you wish. It means that when for example I buy a game from the UK and the DLC is region locked, I sign in using my second profile with the English PSN account, buy the DLC, download it and it saves it to the PS3. As you guys probably know, any PSN downloads are saved to the PS3 and are accessible for any profile on that PS3.

It solves the problem.

Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 115 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 13, 2011

Using thread necromancy, I want to say that I totally agree with this. I mean it fucking DIGITAL content, not that the internet has a country or physical defined location. It can't be that hard to make your US content valid in a EU region as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 115 (179 Views)
0 Likes