Do you mean 
Aug 14 2009
By: xDeathReaperx Sackboy 460 posts

***Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!***

[ Edited ]
114 replies 12435 views Edited last month

(This will be kept Up-To-Date)

Note: Currently there is no way to change your Country/Region

Anyone else here want to change there country "Without losing Purchases, Demo's, or any other information? If so please leave a comment & support this thread.

How you can help?

1.) Contact a Sony representative by either Calling or sending them a email - http://www.us.playstation.com/corporate/Contactus 

2.) Leave a comment on this thread showing your support!

3.) Encourage/Show other this thread, even link it in your Signature!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Who does this affect?

This affects Thousands & Thousands & Thousands of User's, to show proof do a Google Search

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why this feature should be implented?

There are people forced to shopping into the wrong's country store Downside= U.S Credit Card's don't work in the U.K PSN Store. Also neither does the U.S PlayStation Network Cards, so currently I haven't made purchases in these past months.

Sony, I know you can do it. I truly love my PS3 and playing COD's Online MultiPlayer but please add country changing ability. I can't stand going into the U.K store anymore now that I've been in the U.S for Years and not finding the right DLC. I'm not planning on making a new PSN anytime soon so I hope & pray Sony can change this. All you have to do is UNSHADE the Grey in Account Settings? I hope we see this in the website/Firmware update. You can probably even do it temporary like let everyone have 30 day's to change there Country if it is incorrect to set it back to the CORRECT settings. Then after the timed session is over , you can no longer change it. Other ways: Let user's change there address only 1-2 times, able to call-in to Sony and have one of the representatives change it or email Sony,

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

What WE want - 

WE want a either a Sony Employee/Representative have the ability to change our country via Phone or Email. If not that we should be able to do it our self in the latest Firmware Update. 

Guys, We can do it, I will keep this thread up-to-date attempting to get Sony's Attention.

Sincerely, xDeathReaperx

Message Edited by xDeathReaperx on 08-14-2009 01:54 AM

added label feedback and ideas -FluffyKitty_0256
Speedtest
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 115 (12,435 Views)
Fender Bender
3139 posts

Re: Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!

Aug 5, 2009

1.) Does anybody know if Sony has some sort of Suggestion/Feedback center/Phone number/email, to tell them they should include region/country changing?

2.) Do you think Sony is able to change it so we can change are country if we recently moved countries?

3.) How many people here what to change there country to the correct settings?

4.) If I buy something on a U.S account will I be able to play it on my U.K account? Will COD Map Pack's work also on my U.K account if I buy it on the U.S one?

1) http://www.us.playstation.com/corporate/Contactus
2) yes
3) IDK
4) no.

again... but at least I got my data off it and deactivated my accounts.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 115 (12,435 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Aug 5, 2009
About Question #4 Are you sure? I've heard people say you can? Someone else please answer #4 again...

~xDeathReaperx
Speedtest
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 115 (12,435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 13, 2009
Yes please.  Sony do something about this!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 115 (12,435 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 13, 2009

xDeathReaperx wrote:
About Question #4 Are you sure? I've heard people say you can? Someone else please answer #4 again...

~xDeathReaperx

The way I've heard it is that games will play on any ps3 but add-on packs will only work on the region that originally downloaded it, so if you bought COD4 from the UK you would need to get the map pack from the UK PSN store. If you can then play that map pack on your US user name I'm not 100% sure. 

I support the country changing through a call to Sony, though. The process could be abused if it's just thrown on with a new update, but there are so many valid reasons to need this service that a Sony rep should be able to handle it. Sony is not showing any support to the military with their current setup and think of all the money they could make from the video store from the airmen stuck in the barracks (I realize this is blocked with an IP check but it should be rolled into any change to the region management).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 115 (12,435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 14, 2009

I truly support this topic, and am one of the victims of a region block. I would also like to adress an issue of having different items appear on a different PSN stores, forcing users to create multiple IDs associated with every region. That is just outright stupid.

I am myself been living in 2 countries and who knows where life will bring me next. Sony cut the BS. Do some research and you will see that this issue has been/ is addressed in many topics over the internet. SO WHY NOT LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT AND COOPERATE WITH THEM ???!! I hate to say this but you make yourself look like an ameteaur company. It's all in your hands to change the status.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 115 (12,435 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Aug 14, 2009

^ To me I think it's simple for Sony. UNSHADE the Country so we can click on it on Account Settings. All they have to do is probably change 1 setting in there site and it will be unshaded for everyone. I honestly don't think it's that hard and I know Sony can do it! I will always have hope though...

Please Sony provide us with this "Country Changing Feature" In the next update(s). Or let us change it via email or calling a Sony representative

Reason's: Some people have moved or don't have there country on the Sign Up list. Some even entered the wrong Country on registration! We don't want to have to make other PSN's account just to buy things, or get an error when putting in a Credit Card because the Address is no longer correct and doesn't match the Credit Card's. If you enable this you should receive a small boost in income!?!?

Thanks again..

~xDeathReaperx

Speedtest
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 115 (12,435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 14, 2009

Reaper I have actually made a call way back in early 2008 to PSN customer service speaking on this topic. The guy didn't even know about this issue, he thought you CAN change the country! This just shows the lack of concern from Sony representatives who need to be fired in a hearbeat and stop emberrasing a major company like Sony. After doing some "researching" the men on the other end of the line finally told me that Country is unchangeable due to being saved on their servers.... Yep. Instead of trying to cooperate they just throw random stuff just to go back playing games on a computer in their studio, while eating a sandwich.

But hopefuly Sony can prove me wrong and get their hands on the job. I think by calling a PSN Customer Service they should be able to change your country, but they just don't want to spend their time on doing it. This was my initial reason behind calling the operator, so he can change the country for me. Unfortunately the chance of a failure is always much greater than a chance of success, when it comes to things like this.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 115 (12,435 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
375 posts

Re: ***Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!***

Aug 14, 2009

i wish they can do it....

but i think they wont...

here i emailed sony and got this reply

Thank you for writing us in regards to changing the country associated with your PlayStation®Network account.

As stated previously, once a PlayStation Network account is created, the country for that account is unable to be modified. In addition, trophies and purchases from the PlayStation Network are not transferable between accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 115 (12,435 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Re: ***Changing your Country on your PSN Account! Sony, we believe!***

Aug 14, 2009

^ Just have hope dude. We will eventually get more supporter's. I know they can change it just haven't had many request to do it.

Thanks for helping out I hope you continue to spread the word like I.

~xDeathReaperx

Speedtest
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 115 (12,435 Views)