Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 19 2012
By: Chazster_-_ First Son 2 posts

Changing Psn account on main user HELP!

4 replies 82 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

Hi,

The other day i had a notice/message saying system needs to be rebuilt, (I always turn my ps3 of properly)

I did this and it basically reset all my account login details, when i clicked to join up to PSN and clicked existing account I accidentlly signed in on my main user with an account i made up years ago and never bothered using,

so I was just wondering is there any way of being able to sign up again to psn on my main user or some how reset it so I can sign in to PSN with this account. I also tried going to network settings and changing the email to this account but it come up saying can't sign in using this email. I don't want to delete the user and make a new one as this user has all my saved game data on it and I also tried to restore the system to default setting and it still says sign in??????

PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SOLVE THIS IT WOULD BE GRATEFUL !!

Message 1 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30320 posts

Re: Changing Psn account on main user HELP!

Dec 19, 2012

Chazster_-_ wrote:

Hi,

The other day i had a notice/message saying system needs to be rebuilt, (I always turn my ps3 of properly)

I did this and it basically reset all my account login details, when i clicked to join up to PSN and clicked existing account I accidentlly signed in on my main user with an account i made up years ago and never bothered using,

so I was just wondering is there any way of being able to sign up again to psn on my main user or some how reset it so I can sign in to PSN with this account. I also tried going to network settings and changing the email to this account but it come up saying can't sign in using this email. I don't want to delete the user and make a new one as this user has all my saved game data on it and I also tried to restore the system to default setting and it still says sign in??????

PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SOLVE THIS IT WOULD BE GRATEFUL !!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Just go to the far left of the XMB menu, choose add new user, then sign in with the username/PSN ID & password you always did, once signed in you can go ahead & delete the others user(s) if you wish.

Message 2 of 5 (78 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Thanks for the reply, making a new user and signing into my main PSN account on that new user will i still have all my saved game data from the main one i used? correct me if i'm wrong but don't some games save its data to the user you on?

Message 3 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30320 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Chazster_-_ wrote:

Thanks for the reply, making a new user and signing into my main PSN account on that new user will i still have all my saved game data from the main one i used? correct me if i'm wrong but don't some games save its data to the user you on?

Some, but only some saved-data is user associated, but the majority of it should be available to you, you won't lose anything by trying it anyway.

Message 4 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Dec 20, 2012

You won't lose any save game data. but most likely you'll have to download your dlc content that you downloaded from before.

Message 5 of 5 (58 Views)
0 Likes