Jul 14 2011
By: KapDawgz First Son 3 posts

Changing PSN account name?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 5107 views Edited last month

I created my PSN account 2-3 years ago, and I find it a bit "kid-ish" and immature. Is there any way I can change it without losing my Fifa 11, GTA IV, and Red Dead Redemption save games?

I don't really want to change my email.

Mod Edit: Updated labels, Learn more about labels by clicking here. -Sassyknot

Message 1 of 13 (5,107 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7724 posts

Re: Changing PSN account name?

Jul 14, 2011

Sorry, but once you made a PSN account name, it is set in stone. You can make a new PSN account, but you will lose all trophy progression and purchased items.

My advice to all Playstation newbies is to think really hard on what name to pick. You'll be using it for a long time!

-Doppel D.

Message 2 of 13 (5,107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 14, 2011

Thanks for the speedy reply!

What do I do about my save games progress and the levels I gained on GTA IV online?

Message 3 of 13 (5,107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 14, 2011

KapDawgz wrote:

What do I do about my save games progress and the levels I gained on GTA IV online?

Everything is tied to your existing account.  Some games will allow you to copy your gamesaves from one user profile to another, but they don't always work with the new user or allow that user to earn trophies with a gamesave created by someone else.

If you really want a new PSN ID then bite the bullet and start using a new account.  That said, as long as you keep your current PSN account setup on your PS3 you can always go back to it for GTA4 or other games where you have increased your online rank.  Also, if you keep your current account setup on your PS3, all games you purchased with that account will be playable by your new account.

As far as keeping your email address, all you have to do is change the email address associated with your current account to something else, then register a new PSN account with the email address you want to use.

Message 4 of 13 (5,107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7724 posts

Jul 14, 2011

KapDawgz wrote:

Also gone, sadly.

Message 5 of 13 (5,107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 15, 2011

Hmmm, I can't seem to find anything on the PSN website (PC) regarding where or how to change my email :-\

Message 6 of 13 (5,107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 15, 2011

KapDawgz wrote:

Hmmm, I can't seem to find anything on the PSN website (PC) regarding where or how to change my email :-\

You can do it right on the PS3 under Account Management.  You should also be able to make changes to your account at qriocity.com.

Message 7 of 13 (5,107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 11, 2013
I agree on chaningeing your name because you mis spelled or it's childish or immature
Message 8 of 13 (3,220 Views)
First Son
1 posts

last month

not gonna lie, that really sucks

Message 9 of 13 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

last month