Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: Changing PSN ID with launch of PS4

May 27, 2013
Im for this for those with names they no longer like or names they made when they were a child and now it no longer fits... hell at a time i hated my name.. but now im so used to it and i use it so much ive fallen back in love with it so mine probably wont change if it did i'd remove the CoD X's but otherwise i like my name.. i hope sony does give people the option even if some or most don't use it
Message 21 of 52 (1,598 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

I only ever hear this complaint from people with poopy PSN ID names.

Put thought into it before creating it.

Example:

"TooCool" is probably happy with their PSN ID.

"TooCool12345" is probably not. Smiley Tongue

Your PSN ID is fine, OP. No numbers, underscores, etc. Just "dreken." What is wrong with it?

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 22 of 52 (1,592 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Jun 11, 2013

are u ppl serious? the ppl that are saying "no we dont need it etc" 

NO maybe YOUUUU DONT NEED IT. 

what if u was a kid and u had CoolKid12 and now ur 24 and ps8 came out and u cant change ur id!? so ur stuck with CoolKid12 at the age of 24. whack no excuse. its simple give us a name change option for a small fee like xbox does it. if u dont want your name to be change then dont change it. 

ppl are saying "sony are unable to find us after we change our id.. what?!! psn have options to track us like EMAIL! and psnid is not a bank account thats a terrible example. BUT  same thing, bank ask u for ur account number u say " i forgot" they say ok another way to track it. whats ur soical secuirty number and ur secert answer or pin number. 

then some one said "psn said be careful on how u choose ur name" ooh ok so lets say im 9 years old, imma call my self CoolMan12 for future name cause i cant change it later. lol **bleep** nooooo.

PS should allow us to change our name with a small fee like xbox live period.

Fanboys/girls EPIC FAILURES!
XBOX360 Gamertag: LatinoBatman24
Wii Code: 0716-0458-2106-7038
Message 23 of 52 (1,531 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 29, 2013

**bleep** that crap! I want the ability to change my  psn id. Hopefully it comes with the PS4.

Message 24 of 52 (1,251 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Message 25 of 52 (1,248 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28826 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

PANAMA24 wrote:

are u ppl serious? the ppl that are saying "no we dont need it etc" 

NO maybe YOUUUU DONT NEED IT. 

what if u was a kid and u had CoolKid12 and now ur 24 and ps8 came out and u cant change ur id!? so ur stuck with CoolKid12 at the age of 24. whack no excuse. its simple give us a name change option for a small fee like xbox does it. if u dont want your name to be change then dont change it. 

ppl are saying "sony are unable to find us after we change our id.. what?!! psn have options to track us like EMAIL! and psnid is not a bank account thats a terrible example. BUT  same thing, bank ask u for ur account number u say " i forgot" they say ok another way to track it. whats ur soical secuirty number and ur secert answer or pin number. 

then some one said "psn said be careful on how u choose ur name" ooh ok so lets say im 9 years old, imma call my self CoolMan12 for future name cause i cant change it later. lol **bleep** nooooo.

PS should allow us to change our name with a small fee like xbox live period.

Well you should have put more thought into your name then.

If you were allowed to change your screen names this is what I think would happen. Some... shall we say "enterprising" individuals will start creating numerous PSN ID's on their accounts. With those ID's tied up, they will undoubitly SELL THEM. Many more still, because of the fickle nature of people, will change them every week, or every day, or even every hour. Because as well all know, "gamers" when given an inch, will more often than not take a light year.

Message 26 of 52 (1,244 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 2, 2013

I would just like to be able to change lower case to uppercase etc.  As in my username i want a lower case n but NOOOOOOOOO you an't even do that. Its dumb.

Message 27 of 52 (935 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 2, 2013
As it stands there are thousands of usernames that have been claimed and are no longer in use. In my house hold i can think off the top of my head atleast 5 usernames that are now rotting to die, you cannot even delete your account so the old username can be freed up!

The fickle nature of "these" people lead them to create an account, grow tiered of it and create another making less usernames available.

Use your brain, no one is asking to have the ability to change their username every week day or month.. they are asking to be atleast able to change their username ONCE or pay a fee to be able to do it (as i said i just want to change a caplital letter to lowercase). Your arguement is weak. I don't see an underground black market for xbox gamer tags.
Message 28 of 52 (934 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28826 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

RandyButtterNubs wrote:
As it stands there are thousands of usernames that have been claimed and are no longer in use. In my house hold i can think off the top of my head atleast 5 usernames that are now rotting to die, you cannot even delete your account so the old username can be freed up!

The fickle nature of "these" people lead them to create an account, grow tiered of it and create another making less usernames available.

Use your brain, no one is asking to have the ability to change their username every week day or month.. they are asking to be atleast able to change their username ONCE or pay a fee to be able to do it (as i said i just want to change a caplital letter to lowercase). Your arguement is weak. I don't see an underground black market for xbox gamer tags.

If they were to charge you to change your user name, then I would imagine the more ADD afflicted among us would run up HUGE bills changing their names every week, day, or even hour.

Furthermore, there already IS a veritable black market in XBox Live user names, you just have to know where to look for them, and not be in denial of it's existence.

Sony gives you ample warning that once you create a name, you can not change it. So why not put some thought into coming up with a name you will actually be able to live with long term? I know that deprives many of the ability to say "C'MON SONY!!" and "But... but... but.... but... Microsoft??", but it's not difficult to come up with something unique and expressive of your individuality.

Message 29 of 52 (929 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Aug 3, 2013
Xbl accounts with 3 letters (the lowest number allowed) sell for hot cakes on hacker websites. I saw one that was like ehw or something that sold for 500$ just cause its rare lol.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 30 of 52 (919 Views)
0 Likes