First Son
2 posts

Re: Changing PSN ID with launch of PS4

Aug 6, 2013

This is why i don't really like posting on the official forums. So many closed minded, so many not open to change. I keep seeing every excuse in the book "People will change their names everyday" crap. Xbox has been able to do it since launch and all of my friends still have their same names. "b-b-b-b but we won't know who they are", its called mass messaging everyone on your list to aware them of the change (another feature PS4 desperately needs). Its the little things that count, and its the little things that kept people with the Xbox this generation. I remember reading these forums a long time ago and people were bringing up the same excuses for why we shouldn't have party chat. CRAP PC has it, 360 has it, hell even Dreamcast had it to an extent. It is a required feature for any multiplayer centric games. Thats why i dislike playing most MP games on PS3 and especially any MMOs.

Sony is a direct competitor with Microsoft, it would make sense for them to actually compete with them by bringing something either like what MS has or similar to what MS has, this goes for the app support as well. Right now? PS3's app support is downright terrible, and even with that people come up with every excuse in the book "but its a game console it doesn't need that stuff". Maybe that arguement worked back when all consoles could do was turn on and start up the game but now? not so much. Consoles have far gone beyond the realm of "just gaming", and its something that Sony also needs to compete with.

Message 31 of 52 (695 Views)
Survivor
2374 posts

Aug 6, 2013

ValhallanStoner wrote:

This is why i don't really like posting on the official forums. So many closed minded, so many not open to change. I keep seeing every excuse in the book "People will change their names everyday" crap. Xbox has been able to do it since launch and all of my friends still have their same names. "b-b-b-b but we won't know who they are", its called mass messaging everyone on your list to aware them of the change (another feature PS4 desperately needs). Its the little things that count, and its the little things that kept people with the Xbox this generation. I remember reading these forums a long time ago and people were bringing up the same excuses for why we shouldn't have party chat. [...] PC has it, 360 has it, hell even Dreamcast had it to an extent. It is a required feature for any multiplayer centric games. Thats why i dislike playing most MP games on PS3 and especially any MMOs.

Sony is a direct competitor with Microsoft, it would make sense for them to actually compete with them by bringing something either like what MS has or similar to what MS has, this goes for the app support as well. Right now? PS3's app support is downright terrible, and even with that people come up with every excuse in the book "but its a game console it doesn't need that stuff". Maybe that arguement worked back when all consoles could do was turn on and start up the game but now? not so much. Consoles have far gone beyond the realm of "just gaming", and its something that Sony also needs to compete with.

I agree with you. It's unfortunate that people are so close minded to idea of users having one more option that could improve their experience on this or next generation. They act as if somehow the world will implode or they hold the last word on this feature. Frankly, I just don't see the harm in allowing people to change their username to something not currently used while freeing up the one they no longer want.

It would make sense instead of forcing people to another account or move to the competition as they offer that feature. Not only does the competition have it, but it would be allowing users to have a bit more customization over their account. People have been asking for it for years, if there is any opportunity to take advantage of this it's with the next gen coming.

Message 32 of 52 (685 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Ahhh ! But theres Hope !!!
Message 33 of 52 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Honestly I don't see why not do it, its not going to hurt anyone plus my name is secure with me and I love my name so for everyone else out there that made an account way back when and now doesn't like their name yes I think they should have the right to change their id because who wants to lose all their progress over "x" amount of years. No one, and that can be an aggravating feeling having a name you don't like but your progress to hold you back from creating a new account just seems wrong to me they won't let us do this.
Message 34 of 52 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 6, 2013

I think Chewywalnut is an excellent gamertag, and I will NEVER cheange it EVER!!!!! I had this gamerta since Runescape and im not giving it up anytime soon. IF i heard correctly you can change your gamertag by paying 10 samolians but I see no point. What I do wish they'd do Is let me have an unlimited number of friends. I hate running into people and youre like dude lets be friends and when you send the message you get that dreaded response.

I would love to work for any gaming company but I believe that I lack the necessary requirements for hire. Well **** that im gonna buy everything I need to make a videogame myself. It may take me years but I will become a top industry game dev.
Message 35 of 52 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Aug 7, 2013
agree 100%

† Stand Up And Be Counted †
Message 36 of 52 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Aug 7, 2013

just make a new email. thats what im doing when i get my ps4

KZMProductionsGT
Message 37 of 52 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Aug 9, 2013
http://www.examiner.com/article/change-your-psn-id-sony-responds-to-possibility

even though its old, sony clearly talked about PSN ID change for playstation plus users.

Message 38 of 52 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

ALL-HAIL-LEADER wrote:

even though its old, sony clearly talked about PSN ID change for playstation plus users.

That was made in 2010. 

CaptureLOL.PNG

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 39 of 52 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Aug 9, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

ALL-HAIL-LEADER wrote:

That was made in 2010. 

CaptureLOL.PNG

exactly. i posted that link to show people that sony has been talking and having plans for the PSN ID change since 2010.

Message 40 of 52 (605 Views)
0 Likes