Highlighted
Oct 07 2012
By: lgi1171 First Son 4 posts

Chances of seeing Shadowrun Returns on the Vita?

6 replies 854 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

I'm a big cyberpunk fan, and obviously excited for the upcoming Shadowrun Returns. What do you think are the chances of seeing this game released on the PS3/Vita? The touch screen seems to be perfect for this type of game.

Message 1 of 7 (854 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Re: Chances of seeing Shadowrun Returns on the Vita?

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't even heard of it until now. I love the original Shadowrun games, mainly the Genesis game. This guy got the rights back for it (thank god), so no more Micro$oft quick money garbage.

To answer your question, I just watched the kickstarter video and he says "tablets and PC". I suppose the Vita could count as a tablet and it does have Playstation Mobile now. I suppose it could happen. I sure hope so.

Message 2 of 7 (839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Bump. Nice game on PC, I would love to have it on the go on my Vita.

Message 3 of 7 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9799 posts

Jul 29, 2013

lgi1171 wrote:

I'm a big cyberpunk fan, and obviously excited for the upcoming Shadowrun Returns. What do you think are the chances of seeing this game released on the PS3/Vita? The touch screen seems to be perfect for this type of game.

I think it's more likely to come to Vita than the PS3. They are making it for Android and iOS. I wonder how difficult it is to port mobile to the Vita.

One of my favorite games on the Genesis.

Message 4 of 7 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Chances are as good as you are at promoting the idea here on the fourms!

Message 5 of 7 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 29, 2013

The game was created in Unity, so it should be theoretically possible to bring it to both PS3 and Vita. PS3 is officially supported. Vita is not officially supported (as far as never mentioned on the website or in documentation), but Vita-exclusive Escape Plan was developed in Unity, so it's obviously quite possible.

It should be noted that the tablet versions (iOS and Android) was delayed, so who knows what's going on. Unity does not have PSM support AFAIK.

Message 6 of 7 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9799 posts

Jul 29, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

The game was created in Unity, so it should be theoretically possible to bring it to both PS3 and Vita. PS3 is officially supported. Vita is not officially supported (as far as never mentioned on the website or in documentation), but Vita-exclusive Escape Plan was developed in Unity, so it's obviously quite possible.

It should be noted that the tablet versions (iOS and Android) was delayed, so who knows what's going on. Unity does not have PSM support AFAIK.

Thanks for the information.

They are bringing Unity engine to all Sony current platforms.

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/03/21/unity-coming-to-sony-consoles-this-year/

"But now we’ll be working with SCE to build out tools for PS4, PS Vita, PSM, and SCE’s upcoming cloud gaming service."

Message 7 of 7 (612 Views)
0 Likes