Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 03 2005
By: KillahSouljah~ Uncharted Territory 1537 posts

Cell Storage

70 replies 1 views Edited Jul 3, 2005
Cell Storage

Havent you guys heard what Sony's been talking about the 'Cell Storage', its a online server, each PS3's got one, its to save your personal details, ganertag, username, password, friends list etc. almost like MSN, when ever you turn on a PS3 wherever its yours at home or your mates at his house you log into your 'Cell Storage', in a way its better than the X360 where you save your personal details onto your HDD and if you want to play round your mates house with your details you would have to take the HDD with you, where as the PS3 you just log into your 'Cell Storage'...

Cell Storage: is for saving your personal details like online information, gamertag, username, password, friends list, account details, etc. i think maybe when you first purchase your PS3 you get maybe 2GB free of 'Cell Storage' and if you want more you could just buy more...

HDD Storage: is for saving your game saves, media: Photo (JPEG, Sharing), Video (MPE4, Trailers), Music (MP3, Previews), Game (Demos), and whatever you want basically...

This is my take on the whole HDD thing.

Kutaragi offers up a few possibilities for the use of Cell and the networking mentioned in the first interview. He talks of "Cell Storage," where digital contents are stored on a storage server over a network, and when Cell is not in use, those contents are "aged." In the case of a movie recorded in standard definition, aging can mean adding fine details to the video in order to upconvert it to a high definition clip.

"We have many plans," comments Kutaragi, "Cell Storage is something we definitely intend to offer."

Message Edited by KillahSouljah on 07-03-2005 09:45 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Re: Cell Storage

Jul 3, 2005
Not sure about the whole "aging" thing
,But im interested as to seeing how this plays out
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jul 3, 2005

,Cabbage wrote:

But im interested as to seeing how this plays out

Yeh the aging stuff sounds abit off key, but all in all its all good...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 3, 2005

KillahSouljah wrote:

Cabbage wrote:

But im interested as to seeing how this plays out

Yeh the aging stuff sounds abit off key, but all in all its all good...

it could all be poop from kataragi's backside but , meh
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2427 posts

Jul 3, 2005
Havent you guys heard what Sony's been talking about the 'Cell Storage', its a online server, each PS3's got one, its to save your personal details, ganertag, username, password, friends list etc. almost like MSN, when ever you turn on a PS3 wherever its yours at home or your mates at his house you log into your 'Cell Storage', in a way its better than the X360 where you save your personal details onto your HDD and if you want to play round your mates house with your details you would have to take the HDD with you, where as the PS3 you just log into your 'Cell Storage'...

How is it better than X360 online when in fact it sounded exactly like it? You should do more research on the 360 online implementation. 

Cell Storage: is for saving your personal details like online information, gamertag, username, password, friends list, account details, etc. i think maybe when you first purchase your PS3 you get maybe 2GB free of 'Cell Storage' and if you want more you could just buy more...

What makes you think you can have 2GB "cell storage" will be free?
Real Time Weapon Change for Massive Damage!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 3, 2005

Pirateguy wrote:
Havent you,guys heard what Sony's been talking about the 'Cell Storage', its a,online server, each PS3's got one, its to save your personal details,,ganertag, username, password, friends list etc. almost like MSN,,when ever you turn on a PS3 wherever its yours at home or your mates at,his house you log into your 'Cell Storage', in a way its better than,the X360 where you save your personal details onto your HDD and if you,want to play round your mates house with your details you would have to,take the HDD with you, where as the PS3 you just log into your 'Cell,Storage'...

How is it better,than X360 online when in fact it sounded exactly like it? You should do,more research on the 360 online implementation. 

Cell,Storage: is for saving your personal details like online information,,gamertag, username, password, friends list, account details, etc. i,think maybe when you first purchase your PS3 you get maybe 2GB free of,'Cell Storage' and if you want more you could just buy more...

Stir the pot
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 3, 2005
Just leave it alone Killah
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jul 3, 2005

,Pirateguy wrote:

How is it better than X360 online when in fact it sounded exactly like it? You should do more research on the 360 online implementation. 

1. Its better in a way that all PS3 information is stored on a online storage server and with X360 all imformation is saved on the HDD, so if you want to play PS3 on a friends console with your details all you need to do is log into your 'Cell Storage', with X360 you would have to take your HDD with you.... Thats why its better.

2. Well look at email accounts they give 2MBs for free, Sony's a big company they could give put what they want from 2MB to 2GB...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Jul 3, 2005

,Cabbage wrote:
Just leave it alone Killah

Nah man, this fool chatting air, i aint gonna let him talk to me like i dont know what i'm on about, F that, this fool can keep going reply air, i'll just watch him make a fool put pf himself... ,

UK LONDON, STAND UP TALL

Message Edited by KillahSouljah on 07-03-2005 08:32 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

Jul 3, 2005
Id rather have it saved to the HDD than this "cell storage" thing. Its not going to be free to store information on thier servers so you'll likely be paying a monthly or yearly fee to save your information there. I dont know quite where they are headed with Cell Storage, but it probably wont be free for us.
Oh, and you can stop reading my post now.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes