Feb 27 2014
By: ThrowupdaX88 Uncharted Territory 1462 posts

Cause for concern?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 217 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

So I have 2 PS3s.  One at home and one at my office.  I recently bought Dues Ex Human Revolution.  I loaded the game into my PS3 at work.  It downloaded an update and then apparently it's a game that requires at least partial installation on the HD.

Seemed to install fine.  I hit start and got to the menu screen to start a new game.  Chose new game and then it asked for difficulty level..Chose that no problem.  Then I hit "New Game."  It then appeared to be loading the start of a new game, but then just stuck on that screen.

The game tips were still scrolling across the bottom of the screen and stuff was moving around so it didn't appear to be completely frozen.  But I waited for about 10 mins and the game never started.  I had to actually unplug my PS3 to shut it down (quit game just put me at a complete black screen and never went back to the home screen).  Tried it twice and same thing happened. 

Brought the game home loaded into my home PS3.  Game worked perfectly fine.  What's the deal?  Should I be worried about the PS3 at work?  Haven't had any issues with it prior to this other than the fan running a bit loud at times.

Edit: Added line breaks

Message 1 of 4 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: Cause for concern?

Feb 27, 2014
Maybe the update is the problem.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10157 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Happens sometimes when the HardDiskDrive gets cluttered with info all at once. The best thing to do in this situation is to hold/press the power button for 5-10 seconds until you see the green light blinking. Never unplug the console from the power cord as it could cause the system to malfunction and cause data corruption. If this isn't a recurring issue, you shouldn't worry about it.

Message 3 of 4 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9001 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Happens sometimes when the HardDiskDdrive gets cluttered with info all at once. The best thing to do in this situation is to hold/press the power button for 5-10 seconds until you see the green light blinking. Never unplug the console from the power cord as it could cause the system to malfunction and cause data corruption. If this isn't a recurring issue, you shouldn't worry about it.

This...

Message 4 of 4 (189 Views)
0 Likes