Do you mean 
May 12 2013
By: Joseph_Emagnum Monster Hunter 39 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other

Castlevania Harmony of Despair Tips

[ Edited ]
5 replies 569 views Edited Mar 10, 2014

Hi,  if you wanna get good gear in Castlevania HoD,  then try getting 2 theif rings and an ebisu reinment, and equipt all of them.  Then you should have no trouble getting all the rare gear you want, because they all increase your chances of getting rare items and gear.  You can get theif rings in ch 2 hard, or ch 11 normal.  Ebisu reinment is also found in ch 11 normal.

Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair Help

May 12, 2013

Sorry I forgot to add that the theif rings and ebisu reinment are only found in the gold boss chest in those 2 chapters.  Also if you want to spam your spells or sub weapons quickly, equipt your spell or subweapon you want to use (example: the knife) to down and circle.  Then hold down and press L1 and circle quickly a bunch of times.  And if you want to use slow weapons faster, like the muramasa or claimh solais.  Press attack, then L1 and down at the same time, then attack again.  You can do this as may times as you want,  the faster you do it the faster you can attack.  These techniques are called back dash canceling.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

There is also a technique called the acceleration glitch,  it's when you go flying backwards and if there is a wall behind you, you will go flying up it and through the ceiling alot of the time.  It's a good way to get to different points in a chapter in a quicker way.  And it's also impressive to pull one off.  Acceleration glitches occur when you do a certain type of slide or martial arts off of an edge, and make the slide or martial arts end right at the very edge so you just barely slide off the edge, then you press jump and hold it.  If you do it right your character will go flying backwards, but it does't always work the first try,  alot of the times you have to try many times before it works.  An easy one is with Johnathan and his sonic strike.  You have to stand a sonic strike distance away from a edge (feet placement is important), then do a sonic strike towards the edge so that it just barely ends as you fall off the edge then jump (hold jump down) as soon as you start to fall off the edge,  and an acceleration glitch should occur.  A good way to keep your feet placement is to do a whip while you input the commands to do a sonic strike.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

There are 2 ways to do a jump kick acceleration glitch,  the normal jump kick, and the sharp angle jump kick.  I think the glitch seems to occur more often with the sharp angle jump kick, also you can pull off an acceleration glitch in tight spots where you normally can't with the sharp angle jump kick glitch.  For the normal jump kick glitch,  do a double jump, pretty high, high enough so that when you do a angled jump kick you do a slide when you land.  Then try doing a jump kick towards an edge and try to make the slide of the jump kick end right at the very edge of the edge so you just barely slide off,  then as soon as you slide off the edge, jump and hold the jump button.  If you do it right an acceleration glitch should occur.  Some times it may take many tries,  also lagg seems to help acceleration glitches occur, so wearing the fools tablet or playing with 6 people, or spaming some spells like poison spores help to create lagg(slow down).  Keeping the enemies alive works also.  For the sharp angle jump kick you need to position your left hand in a certain way on the controller, because you have to hold down on the d-pad and up and either left or right a little bit depending on which way you want to jump kick (example: 1 or 2 o' clock or 10 or 11 o' clock) on the left analog stick while you are in the air after a double jump, then press the jump button to complete the sharp angle jump kick.  I use my index finger to hold down on the d-pad, and my thumb on the left analog stick,  I think everyone does it the same way.  It's kind of uncomfortable at first but with practice it gets easier.  Once you learn how to sharp angle jump kick,  since theres barely any slide,  just try and do a sharp angle jump kick directly towards an edge so that you will slide off the edge, and as soon as you slide off the edge press jump and hold it down.  Some times  you may not go flying up a wall even if the acceleration glitch occurs,  So to ensure the glitch works and sends you up the wall,  it helps to use spells or sub weapons (ex: the cross or luminatio) while you are flying back towards a wall when an acceleration glitch occurs.  It helps also to hold down jump,  so what I do is assign my cross to just circle if I'm julius, then I hold jump while my acceleration glitch is occuring then I shift my thumb to press circle while holding x(jump) to use the cross,  and that helps my glitches work almost everytime.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

To do consecutive Omina vanitas' one after another when ever you want to, first do an omnia vanitas then press either whip or R1 to stop the omnia, then press L1 and down at the same time to back dash cancel, then do another omnia vanitas.  You can do this as many times as you want, and as fast as you want also, it's cool to see people doing them fast.  You can also do consecutive omnia's in opposite directions also.  To do these first do an omnia in any direction, then while ur doing the omnia, input the direction commands for another omnia in the opposite direction, then press the whip button then triangle, or square then triangle.  Thats what I usually press, my buttons are set to the default controls.  You can also do whip omnias, or release a subweapon while doing an omnia.  All you have to do is input the omnia direction commands into the d pad, then press square then triangle to do a whip omnia.  And for a sub weapon omnia,  I usually assign the subweapon I'm going to omnia with on just circle,  then I input the omnia direction commands into the d pad, then I press circle then triangle.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair Tips

Mar 8, 2014

To do a aceleration glitch with Ritcher's tackle, if you go to certain chapters with alot going on in it, like ch 1, if you go to the location under the the drawbridge, where the merman and water is.  First flush out the water, then jump to the top of the platforms under the drawbridge,  zoom out so you can see the whole level, the do a double jump to get as high as you can, and then perform a tackle towards the left.  If you did everything correctly Ritcher should go flying backwards and up the wall, and to the drawbridge area.  This glitch occurs when you do a tackle when there is alot of lag.  Also if you are standing on a platform, like the ones on the elevator in Ch 10.  Bring Ritcher's mp down so there is nothing left, then when Ritcher's mp reaches about 5 or 10, input the commands for Ritcher's tackle, then quickly press start to open up the menu, and quickly open up the leaderboards.  While you do that, when Ritcher's mp reaches 15, he will automatically perform a tackle and should go flying backwards with an acceleration glitch.  So after you heard the tackle being performed you can exit the menu's to continue playing.  You can also do 2 tackles in a row in the air, if you are on the edge of a ledge, and you perform 2 tackles straight off the ledge.  Also you can throw subweapons or whip while doing a tackle,  just input the tackle direction commands with the d-pad, then press square then triangle, or circle then triangle.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (376 Views)
0 Likes