Jul 02 2012
By: jawekarl First Son 7 posts

Capcom Not Working On Any PS Vita Games?

22 replies 714 views Edited Jul 2, 2012
Message 1 of 23 (714 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Capcom Not Working On Any PS Vita Games?

Jul 2, 2012
Message 2 of 23 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jul 2, 2012

That's really a big let down.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 23 (703 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 2, 2012

I love my Vita and am glad that I bought it as soon as I did, but the fact that Sony is releasing so many new games in Japan with a significantly lower number released in the States is making me feel like I need to re-consider before I support a new system so quickly...  This is just my personal feeling.  BTW, this goes for any company (not just Sony)...

Message 4 of 23 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

Jul 2, 2012
Most games always are released in Japan first and take their sweet, sweet time making it to the West. It's nothing new, that said, the 3DS getting MH4 and the Vita getting no MH is going to weight reaaaally heavy on the sale charts which, unfortunately, only means less support from companies (Capcom included)~.
Message 5 of 23 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Vamdiva wrote:

I love my Vita and am glad that I bought it as soon as I did, but the fact that Sony is releasing so many new games in Japan with a significantly lower number released in the States is making me feel like I need to re-consider before I support a new system so quickly...  This is just my personal feeling.  BTW, this goes for any company (not just Sony)...

Supporting a new system is definitely a feeling out process. Just look at the Nintendo 3DS; It struggled for long periods as it didn't have many games out. The same is happening now to the PS Vita. You can't attract many people to purchase expensive handhelds without games to play them.

Once the Nintendo 3DS started pumping out some more games like Super Mario 3D Land you could see the numbers start to rise. The same will happen to the PS Vita. While Capcom isn't working on anything at the moment, when they see the PS Vita in more hands they'll start doing more work on it.

Message 6 of 23 (664 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 2, 2012
Sony is having serious image problems in Japan, this is why they are spending so much time focusing on their home country.

Games take time to come to America because localisation (text, numbers, cultural references) takes a long time to be done correctly and is often costly.

Capcom extensively supported the PSP, if Capcom is not working on any titles for Vita it is because Sony has **bleep** them off somehow.
Message 7 of 23 (657 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 2, 2012
I thought that Street Figihter X Tekken was coming out for the Vita this year. I wonder if Capcom has changed its mind?
Message 8 of 23 (654 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 2, 2012
Most likely due to the support of 3ds titles(and them concetrating on new titles for the new systems). Which can easily be ported over to the Vita.
Message 9 of 23 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Why would Capcom announce games through an customer support email?

Message 10 of 23 (626 Views)
0 Likes