Gaming Beast
2550 posts

Re: Sony Can this be done..

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

Question: Under your idea.... What is to prevent someone from installing the disc and then selling the disc but continuing to play it on the HDD? Or installing the disc and then letting their group of 10 BFF's install it too? Is there DRM?

What you are proposing is exactly what Microsoft wanted to do with the XB1. They wanted each disc to install and activate a digital copy of the game, but that would require DRM with online checks to make sure you still owned the game. People freaked the (insert choice of word) out and MS changed it.

No I don't want a DRM.

I simply want to play the game Via remote play with my vita and playing my game's that I have already bought with my hard earned money, while on vacation  and still enjoy my PS4 system..

plus not going to buy the digital version for 65.00 and /or wait 3 year to make it drop down to at least 29.99 off of the Ps store for get that .

Free userbars
Message 11 of 37 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Crazy_aKz wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

Question: Under your idea.... What is to prevent someone from installing the disc and then selling the disc but continuing to play it on the HDD? Or installing the disc and then letting their group of 10 BFF's install it too? Is there DRM?

What you are proposing is exactly what Microsoft wanted to do with the XB1. They wanted each disc to install and activate a digital copy of the game, but that would require DRM with online checks to make sure you still owned the game. People freaked the (insert choice of word) out and MS changed it.

No I don't want a DRM.

I simply want to play the game Via remote play with my vita and playing my game's that I have already bought with my hard earned money, while on vacation  and still enjoy my PS4 system..

plus not going to buy the digital version for 65.00 and /or wait 3 year to make it drop down to at least 29.99 off of the Ps store for get that .

You will never be able to download a game off the disc and be able to play the game without the disc. People would buy games, download them, and then sell the game or pass it along to friends. It hasn't happened for a reason, and it never will. Just buy games digitally from now on if you want to be able to play without a disc, that's the only way you're going to be able to do this. It's not trolling just because you don't like the answer you're getting.

Message 12 of 37 (191 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Crazy_aKz wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

No I don't want a DRM.

bieber

Game developers would never get on board for this unless there was DRM.

Message 13 of 37 (186 Views)
MVP Support
11150 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Crazy_aKz wrote:
No I don't want a DRM.

If you want to be able to play your disc games without the disc in the machine, it would need to be protected by DRM, and you would only be able to play your game connected to the internet (for Sony to verify said DRM).  DRM is evil.  Never going to happen.

You can play all of your installed digital games via remote play.  With disc games, you can only remote play the game that you left in the PS4.  This is your choice.

The digital version is the exact same game as the disc version.  The only real downside to the digital version is the fact that you cannot resell it or trade it in.  Again, this is your choice.

Message 14 of 37 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Crazy_aKz wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

No I don't want a DRM.

Unfortunately, you will never be able to do this without DRM. Why? Because if there was no DRM and you could just install disc based games onto the HD and never have to use the disc again, then someone (not saying you) could share this disc with anyone and they would be able to have a game for free.

Message 15 of 37 (178 Views)
Fender Bender
2808 posts

Re: Capable To Play PS4 Games w/o Using Discs

Mar 31, 2014
How about the discs are rewritable?, you could move the game from the disc to your ps4, which takes it off the disc, so it transfers the info then deletes from disc, then if you want it back on the disc you can transfer it back, that way people can't share the disc around, but that would require a whole new remake of the system probably.
Message 16 of 37 (161 Views)
VP of Gaming
29174 posts

Mar 31, 2014

It maybe a "great idea" for you, but for Sony it would be horrendous. Nobody would buy games, and just install them and pass them around to their buddies. They'd be bankrupt in six months. 

Message 17 of 37 (159 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29174 posts

Mar 31, 2014

Fletcherrenn08 wrote:
How about the discs are rewritable?, you could move the game from the disc to your ps4, which takes it off the disc, so it transfers the info then deletes from disc, then if you want it back on the disc you can transfer it back, that way people can't share the disc around, but that would require a whole new remake of the system probably.

You might as well just buy a download. 

Message 18 of 37 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2808 posts

Apr 1, 2014
Some people don't have high powered super internet connections
Message 19 of 37 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Crazy_aKz wrote:

Yes but I would like to be able to do this Downloading the game from the disc and playing it with out using the disc.. just in case I want to use the Ps4 as a home theater that night with my GF / Friends..

If you have to install the entire game from the disc to the HDD, it only makes sense that you can play it straight off the HDD without needing to put in the game disc. Some of my PS3 games are like that, but I still have to put in the disc to play them, which is  ridiculous.

“To the strongest!”

I shall return soon...
Message 20 of 37 (129 Views)
0 Likes