Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: Cant Get Black Ops to work On PS3 with hughesnet Gen4

Oct 18, 2012

on a crystal clear sky you may get 500ms tops and thats if everything is prime,as i said earlier dial up has faster ping times as i used to get around 250ms back in the day...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 11 of 16 (865 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I hear ya. So even at 500 its not fast enough is it?  Never going back to century link unless they can offer a true 1.5 or better though. I had way to many issues with them. One time they over charged me 150 and would not take it off the bill. So I paid the normal bill for 2 months and they ended up shutting us off. So I had to pay it and it took 7 months to finally talk someone into giving me the money back. I have also submitted 5 trouble tickets and they canceled every one of them. This time the guy told me straight up that they where not going to do anything about my troubled connection. Plus in the city I paid 12 a month for 1.5 and I was paying 42 for .25 and the worst customer service ever. I was more then ready to move on. Just sucks I get to lose one of my a releases in the process. Oh well its for the best.

Message 12 of 16 (859 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Yes, to have any decent online experience, your ping needs to be less than 150ms. 

Ideally, you want less than 75ms.

Sucks that you have to go through so much crap.

I am in a similar position. My internet service is fine, but the costs are increasing every few months....  Its come to a point where I'm paying almost $300/mo for 150Mb down/50Mb up when it used to be only $120/mo..... I have no choice but to pay because my roommate/girlfriend is a work-at-home video editor and she needs a lot of bandwidth so she can upload and download the different scenes and even do video conferencing, especially because she deals with a lot of Raw HD content numbering in the TERABYTES worth of content on a weekly basis.

This is also why her and I are big supporters of bringing Google Fiber to our community. There are so many monopolies for TV broadcasts, internet service, and even land-line service that the costs continue to rise with no actualy reason except to "maintain" the infrastructure that is decaying and being taxed the more content that people download.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 16 (855 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15102 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Why exactly do you think this is a connection problem? If your waiting for 5 more players, then your in a 6 player Multiplayer game and are just waiting for others to join. If it's not happening fast enough, then it could be that other peoples connection's are slow, not yours.

But, try it with another Multiplayer game to be sure.....

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 14 of 16 (851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

WRe: Cant Get Black Ops to work On PS3 with hughesnet Gen4

Oct 18, 2012

Wow 150mb. Thats nuts. Didnt know it went up that high but then again the cost seems high too.

Never heard of google fiber before. Maybe I should take a look and see if I can put a vote in or something. Thanks for the responce.

Message 15 of 16 (845 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 18, 2012

The reason it seems like a connection issue is cause its never taken more then 30 seconds to enter a group and start loading a match. I waited for up to 20 minutes just to see if any players would enter but none ever did. I just tried metal of honor and it works. I got 4th place out of 9 people on my team and its been six months or more since I played it. Really hard to tell if its slow or I am just very bad since its been so long.

one good thing black ops has is the replay when your shot. If I come around a corner and fall they show me how long the other guy had before I went down. MOH does not show that.

Message 16 of 16 (843 Views)
0 Likes