Nov 02 2012
By: polo155 I Only Post Everything 1061 posts

Cannot use RemotePlay w/new PSN Store

9 replies 664 views Edited Nov 2, 2012
I used this feature to purchase remotely so i can have when u get home. Hopefully itll come back when the Vita's browzer goes html5 since this NEW Store front is also html5 based.

Will anyone miss this? I will.
Message 1 of 10 (664 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Cannot use RemotePlay w/new PSN Store

Nov 2, 2012

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this unfortunate change. I use Remote Play on my Vita all the time so that I can have new stuff downloaded by the time I get home from work. I'm hoping this was just a mistake, but PLEASE Sony, bring back remote play!

Message 2 of 10 (652 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 2, 2012

polo155 wrote:
I used this feature to purchase remotely so i can have when u get home. Hopefully itll come back when the Vita's browzer goes html5 since this NEW Store front is also html5 based.

Will anyone miss this? I will.

Well this is unfortunate.  What else is Remote Play for?  It already has very limited capabilities, and now you can't even download and buy while you are away.

I would say it was my only favorite feature of Remote Play.  This way I could make purchases and download while I was at work, so when I got home I would not have to wait.  I could just play.

Granted, I have not been on to check myself, but I am taking your word for it.  Hopefully this is just a glitch waiting to be fixed.

Moble

Message 3 of 10 (648 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Without the ability to access the store, Remote Play is pretty much useless. There are a total of about 15 games that actually support it, and none of the other apps on the PS3 are Remote Play enabled.

Message 4 of 10 (646 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 2, 2012

AchillesPDX wrote:

Without the ability to access the store, Remote Play is pretty much useless. There are a total of about 15 games that actually support it, and none of the other apps on the PS3 are Remote Play enabled.

This has been one of my biggest complaints about Remote Play, since the beginning.  It is really a misnomer.  I have spoke about this before and someone pointed out a handful of games, not my type of games, that were actually playable.

It really is only useful for the services we have already mentioned.  Oh well.

Moble

Message 5 of 10 (641 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Another thing to hate about this awful new store. I was afraid it wouldn't support remote play. Cross Controller would be nice too tbh. 

I always would use my Vita to check the PS3 store while I was downstairs or my boyfriend was using the tv my ps3 is on. smh... **bleep** it Sony.

Message 6 of 10 (636 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Yea i too hope itll get updated with the promise of fixing/catergorizing the Download List too. its funny because remoteplay states we can view our pictures and movies via said feature but it never did. unless my usb hdd is plugged in then i access that but this store situation is a HUGE loss. to me this is worse then when we lost "Other OS" option being i never used that but truely relied on it for loading the PS3.
Message 7 of 10 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I at least understood the reasons for eliminating the "Other OS" option but now they are eliminating some of the few capabilities of remote play which was such a big reason I wanted a PSP when I got my PS3 and then a Vita because I thought it was going to get better.  I prefer PS but they are going the wrong direction when you have things like Smart Glass coming out or even something as simple but awesome as the Play Store for Android and being able to buy something and have it pushed to your phone instantly.

Message 8 of 10 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Does anybody know if this has been fixed? Or with the new online store to buy DLC, can I access my download manager with Remoteplay on the Vita so the maps will be downloaded and installed before I get home from work?

Message 9 of 10 (371 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Untraceable79 wrote:

Does anybody know if this has been fixed? Or with the new online store to buy DLC, can I access my download manager with Remoteplay on the Vita so the maps will be downloaded and installed before I get home from work?

i tried again yesterday, it still don't work. maybe when the store is smoothed out or maybe theyll eventually make the store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com store site accessible to vita as it doesn't work right now either. 

there is a link at bottom of that site saying something like click to see and in yhere you can see some not 100% sure. lmk.

Message 10 of 10 (363 Views)
0 Likes