Mar 29 2011
By: revollutions First Son 5 posts

Cannot disable auto-sign in Please Help

4 replies 225 views Edited Mar 29, 2011

Hey everyone,

I ran into a problem the other day when I logged into my ps3, I noticed  that it automatically signed me in which I always leave 'off'.  But  being a father of two young boys who play the ps3 now and then, I  figured it got messed up so I looked at it and it was in the 'off'  position already.  I have 3 accounts and they were all in the off  position but they were all doing the same auto sign in.  I can sign out  by logging off but I really need to find a better solution than that.

Anyone have the same problem?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

revollutions

Windsor, Canada

Message 1 of 5 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Cannot disable auto-sign in Please Help

Mar 29, 2011

When you turn on your PS3 and are automatically signed in go to account  management and just tap triangle when over it and then go to disable  auto sign in and tap x. Simple.

Message 2 of 5 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 29, 2011

A U C Me,

That's the first thing I tried, both from the login id and account management.  Neither will work.  It says that auto sign in is 'off' but it still signs in to the internet as soon as I log on, it is too fast for me to even try to cancel it before it's done.  Thanks for the answer though.

Message 3 of 5 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Mar 29, 2011

when it logs in, try to stop it, then go to the sign in screen where you type in your user name and passord and uncheck the box that says sign me in automatically  or make sure its unchecked, at least i'd start there.

60 GB PS3 UPGRADED TO 500 GB PS3

UNCHARTED 2 BETA TESTER
Message 4 of 5 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 29, 2011

Wizkidd,

I had the same thought, but I can't get over to cancel the sign in process, it happens too fast.  All sign in options are checked "off" (as well as my son's id and my second id) but they are all doing the same thing.

I'm stumped

Message 5 of 5 (225 Views)
0 Likes