Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: Cannot copy PS1 or PSP games to PSPgo from PS3 with 4.00 update.

Dec 4, 2011

How do you keep a game from installing when you download it

Message 11 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 6, 2011

If you download in the background it should just leave the bubble in the game section when it's done instead of installing immediately. But that's a short term fix. I like my PSP games backed up on my PS3 in their own neat folder, and the latest one I bought is just sitting there cluttering up the interface.

This is so darn awkward I thought it MUST have been a mistake, and I would really like to hear some kind of response about it.

Message 12 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 7, 2011

I contacted Sony and they replied me with this...:

The steps on how to transfer the games have changed. To be able to transfer the game you would:

- Connect your PSP system to your PS3™ system.

- Put the PSP in USB mode.

- Highlight the game you are trying to transfer, press X.

- This should either start the game or transfer the game should appear.

I am confident that you will be able to transfer your game from your PS3™ system to your PSP system. If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

...........right.....

Message 13 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 7, 2011

Well, at least, you guys should try because I am already having another problem ever since firmware 4.00. I tried their way and it didn't work. It seems too much random. Anyway, I will contact them again. Tell me if their method work for you.

oh, and I just tried with a mini. Maybe that method is working with a PSP game or PSOne Classic.

Message 14 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 7, 2011

It's confirmed. We have to re-download.

Quote from Playstation Consumer Services:

"You would need to go the "Installer Game" (game that is within a bubble). If you do not have the Bubble Icon of the game you would have to reinstall the game from your Download List.

-On the XMB™, go to (PlayStation®Network) to (Sign-In) and sign-in to your PlayStation Network account.

-Highlight (Account Management) and press the X button.

-Highlight and press the X button.

-Highlight on the PS3™ and press the X button.

-Highlight the item you wish to re-download and press the X button.

If you already have the Bubble Icon, you would then press X and select "Copy." Again, I truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know."

So now we really need an installer instead of just transferring or converting ( whatever the PS3 did) directly from an installed game.

Message 15 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Dec 16, 2011

You know,  the fact that all my PS1 games are already on my PS3 and ready for transfer is beyond convienient(spelling?). Now, just like everyone else, this is a pain in my ass. When I want to play a game, I want to play it right then and there. Not have to wait an extra hour re-downloading something thats ALREADY ON MY FUCKING PS3 and then having to transfer that duplicate copy. Thank you Sony for showing that you no longer give two shits about PSP users when these are supposed to be the individuals that you want to buy the Vita. So is this something we should expect in the future when  your 3rd handheld comes out as well? Im just glad Im not in the same boat as the individuals above that have 40+ games they have to re-download just because Sony wanted to take out 1 line of code that makes this process so easy.

Message 16 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Dec 16, 2011

Im rather annoyed too. Having to store 2 copies of PS1 games and minis is a waste, and uneccesary

Its bad enough when my PS3 died I had to redownload everything cause system restore wont restore back up data from another PS3, but now they want me to do it again?

Message 17 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 19, 2012

I have over 1000 downloads, over a 100 psp items.  I don't have an issue redownloading, but cycling through the downloads is a pain.  Anyone know a quicker way?

Message 18 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 2, 2012

This is a  pain. I just decided to start playing my PSP more.

How does the PC content software work? Is it worth using that over the PS3 now?

I am also wondering does the "Bubble" stay on your PS3 after you transfer it? I haven't got enough space on my PSP to have all of my games on at once!

Message 19 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Feb 2, 2012

Yes, the bubble stays unless you choose to delete it after transfer. The PC content software is MediaGo. Give it a try.

Message 20 of 22 (902 Views)
0 Likes