Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 20 2012
By: XxLiMiT- First Son 32 posts

Cannot Download Anything off of the PSNStore Please Help.

[ Edited ]
6 replies 196 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

Ok guys Im new here but I am looking for some answers with people that may have had the same problem I have had. I want to start off by apologizing in advance if there were any threads out there relating to my topic. 

Recently I bought PSN plus because I was interested int he free games that they are providing, such as Infamous 2 and Borderlands.

I wanted to download borderlands but it stopped downloading the game at a certain mb(everytime I turned on my system it was different but ranged from, 33mb, 79mb, 544mb.....) So I call up sony and they walked me through safe mode(and by now as Im typing this am an expert at entering into safe mode) They took me through steps 2-4 and nothing seemed to work and I had to end up fully restoring. no try the download again and same thing. We came to think that it was not the PS3 anymore and maybe my router.( btw I am using a wired connection with a NAT type 2(PS3-Router-Modem)) I unplug my router and connected right into the modem. I had to reconnect the PS3 and we were off for what seemed like the 40th time. And yes it downloaded, but it got a corrupt install giving me an error. 80010023. But from then on the download hasn't worked since. It always stopped and had to cancel it. Next was back to my old friend the Sony support line. I spoke with woman that suggested that it could be my ISP. So I called TWC and they ran a full diagnostic test on my modem and settings. 100%. They also said that I could have a cap on my downloads, but this can't be true because all of my other internet connected devices can download all they please. Now I was getting into the some what complicated stuff such as opening up ports on my router and turning DMZ on. But still no progress. I started trying different downloads that were free for PSN plus and yet nothing. I downloaded Infamous Festivle of Blood, which I purchased a while back but deleted after I completed it. Downloaded it and what do you know it worked but......Nothing else I tried worked. Now I sit typing wanting to download the new Borderlands 2, which is full price. Here is my concern pay 60 dollars for the game and now I get this problem. ANY help/advice would be amazing.

P.S. Running on 4.25

Games downloaded correctly are Burnout Paradise, Infamous FOB, and Counter Strike GO. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Re: Cannot Download Anything off of the PSNStore Please Help.

Sep 20, 2012

Have you tried updating your routers firmware? 

Also, if you're still having issues try taking a look at this article.... its worth a shot to see if you can use it for downloading anything that doesnt download properly

http://www.ps3blog.co.za/2009/05/18/install-and-download-game-patches-via-your-pc/

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Sep 20, 2012

yes router and modem are up to date and not sure what that website is about. is it used for downloading patches?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Sep 20, 2012

well its an article meant for people who have slow internet service, which is a BIG problem when downloading anything on the PS3 as it seems the slower your service is, your PSN speeds will be EVEN SLOWER.

I found that by looking through the data feed of my router, data going to and from my PS3 is about 50-60% slower than my total internet service is, as opposed to downloading the same data on my PC. AND the speed of my PS3s bandwidth is affected by peak and off-peak usage times (my PS3 downloads its fastest during the night when people are just starting to go to sleep like say around 9-10pm)

The article is about having a way to download updates, especially for games that have very large updates, but it COULD be useful for more than just updates and could also be used for downloading ANYTHING.

I've done it a few times with some large game updates and even running the program while im browsing through the PS Store, I see many links being logged on the program.....  I havent tried it though....

But its worth a shot....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (180 Views)
First Son
32 posts

Sep 20, 2012

alright I will try that and by the way my connections is around 22mb per second if that helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Sep 20, 2012

I tried the program you suggested but it failed and I got an error code when I tried to connected to the proxy(step 2) any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Sep 21, 2012

If you're failing step two in the link then you have a configuration issue on the PS3.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (149 Views)