Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: Canadian Wifi vita having location problems. Plz hep. near and maps. No modnation multyplayer? Wtf fellow canadians help me

Feb 17, 2012

Just go to the Skyhook website and on there coverage page register your own access point and location. They can't tell you where you are if they do not know. they can only scan a certain amount of access points as they drive around.

Message 11 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Canadian Wifi vita having location problems. Plz hep. near and maps. No modnation multyplayer? Wtf fellow canadians help me

Feb 17, 2012

Also a Canadian and I'm having the same problem as you.

Message 12 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Figured it out, thanks guys! pretty schweeeeeet!

Sign the petition for Modnation Racers 2 on PS4:
http://bit.ly/1wSwKKr
Message 13 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 17, 2012

MOOSH89, this was in the intial set up, not everytime you wish to use Remote Play.    

Message 14 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Having the same issue here, live in montreal, ISP is Videotron, near &/or maps apps not able to find my current location. I called Sony today & they offered little help. "wait 24 hrs, if it's still not working then, call back & we will try & help you tomorrow." they claim servers are overloaded with users because of the launch of the new system. I have a wifi vita as well.

Message 15 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 23, 2012

I to live in saskachewan and have ISP Sasktel to and i DID get near to work the very first day i got my vita Feb 15th it told me i live at the north pole haha

my ipod can find my location no problem so we just gotta wait for sonys word on it

Message 16 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Feb 23, 2012

add me to the list. im in ontario and NEVER had it connect despite skyhooks site saying i am in a well populated area for connectivity

Message 17 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 23, 2012

My PS Vita says I am in Montreal, yet I live in Kingston, ON. Every time i go to Best Buy with my Vita, Near says I travelled 277Km in 15 minutes.

Message 18 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Yeah it's really wonky, I still can't get it to even connect once, I've been waiting well over a week now on skyhook's application to go through. Who knows if it will ever work, I don't know why it wouldn't manually let us enter our current location, the map works just fine, so let us tag our location, we can read maps...

Message 19 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes