Feb 16 2012
By: MrGreeK360 Splicer 47 posts

Canadian Wifi vita having location problems. Plz hep. near and maps. No modnation multyplayer? Wtf fellow canadians help me

18 replies 189 views Edited Feb 16, 2012

Near has located me only once in a 100 trys but cant ever since.  Maps never has been able to locate me. U dont need gps for these apps just alot less accurate then gps. I donk know whats up, my ipad wifi can locate me on google maps but not on vita near or maps?  Is it possible this is a problem on sonys side, for example the bandwith is all used due to the first bundle launch?

My routr is a apple air 802.11 n 1tb time capsul.  Iv also tried using my iphone4 30 gig data plan as mobile hotspot and still no luck. I have coverage according too slyhook, toronto ontario canada intersection danforth road and eglinton.  Iv even sent my wireless mac adresses to skyhook yestardy but if it worked once doesnt that mean everything is ok on my end and its a sony server problem?

Anyways do any other canadians have this issue, my isp is rogers digital cable. Also just a reminder iv never got maps to locate me at all unloke near which foind me yestarday5 pm est.

Oh byw im so dissipointedmodnaton roadtrip had not online play, what a waste of money, they better release the online patch like they said they would, same with uncharted but atleast uncharted is a great game with a story unlike modnation.  When is ridgeracer being released?  Oh and damnit release the dumb apps alredy they are finshed and rdy so upload them damnit. Wtf the point of getting it a week early for a gimped experiance, dont get me wrong the vita is still amazing?

Message 1 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Re: Canadian Wifi vita having location problems. Plz hep. near and maps. No modnation multyplayer? Wtf fellow canadians help me

Feb 16, 2012

Please be patient. Many people are reporting the same problem, so we'll have to wait for Sony's word.

Message 2 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Canadian Wifi vita having location problems. Plz hep. near and maps. No modnation multyplayer? Wtf fellow canadians help me

Feb 17, 2012

Don't feel bad, I'm having the exact same problem with it.

Constantly getting a "cannot find location" message after trying to triangulate.

I'm also in Canada, and I've got a local friend with one too, but he isn't having this problem.

Likely just an error with some systems, and likely something that can be fixed with an update.

Message 3 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I also got the FEB in Canada and while the Near app finds a location for me, it's only 9000km off. It thinks I'm in South Korea. I sent an email to sony about it and this is what they said:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA). My name is Jace and I can definitely assist you.

Your near application is based on the IP Address of your internet service provider. For example if I lived in California my internet service provider may be based out of Seattle, Washington  if I am using the WI-FI version it will show I am in Seattle , Washington based on what my internet service providers IP Address is based. I would recommend trying a different internet connection and see if it changes where you are from. I am unsure of what internet service provider is based out of but sounds like it is from Seoul, South Korea. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Thank You,

Jace W.

Which honestly is a load of crap. My ISP is NOT based out of South Korea... It's called SASKTEL for a reason.. Saskatchewan Telecommunications. Government owned comany won't be outsourcing to south korea of all places O_o plus it makes no sense that I have issues with getting my location on my vita yet my PC, Android tablet and cell phone (all running just off wifi with GPS and data disabled on my phone) have no trouble locating me down to the street I live on via wifi. Sony need's to get their location based doodoo together.

Message 4 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I don't know why they didn't just use the same method that Nintendo's streetpass used, it even found me lol, or even google maps it finds me easily too, but erm the google maps app, um doesn't find me on vita?!? It's really odd to say the least =/

Message 5 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Feb 17, 2012

mine tells me I'm in Ottawa, when in fact I'm in Fredericton, NB. Even in maps, I placed a flag on my street and it gave me an address for some street that is nowhere near mine. It's cool though, I get to look at the my location and watch myself walk around Ottawa. Star Trek aint gots nothin on me, I am in 2 places at once and it shows me which direction I'm facing too. I really do like it, it just needs to be adjusted or add a setting to tell it where you are.

Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 6 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Is anyone in Canada having issues connecting to online multiplayer in Wipeout 2048?

I can't connect at all.

When I hit Crossplay or Online Campaign, the loading bars just keep loading, then it kicks me back to the main menu.

Tried reinstalling the game 4 times, with the 1.01 update as well as online pass... nothing...

It worked once earlier after I reinstalled the online pass..but it doesn't work again.

I'm also having "near" issues as well.

Message 7 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1794 posts

Feb 17, 2012

im in Canada and i have no issues with Near

Message 8 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I'm in North West Central Saskatchewan too, I live in a small unorganized hamlet that is 24 KMs outside of a small city of 50,000. Near does not find my location, so I checked here and I was shown Skyhooks website, so I registered my MAC address on the skyhook website, they had our local city in their coverage, but not our hamlet. Hopefully they'll add my location soon.

I checked google maps, which wouldn't find my location either, yet I can find it on my iPad and PC just fine. I actually manually found my location and dropped a flag on it and called it Home, and it warped all the way down to "Homestead", Florida... now I'm stuck with this stupid flag that I can't remove...

I also can't get remote play to connect to my PS3, it gives me an error (NP-2173-3 via internet) all the time..., I registered it with my PS3 fine, but it won't  connect via internet or private network, and my PS3 is set to automatically turn on when remote play is accessed, still nothing

any help with my remote play would be grand, thanks

http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes

^theres a list of the error codes but my code just says an error has occured

Sign the petition for Modnation Racers 2 on PS4:
http://bit.ly/1wSwKKr
Message 9 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Have you done this: MOOSH89 ?

On the PS3™ system, select (Network) > (Remote Play).

The PS3™ system waits for the PS Vita system to establish the remote play connection.

Message 10 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes