Jul 01 2008
By: Reacto~ First Son 1 posts

Canadian Readers (Adding funds to wallet) Visa Gift Card

8 replies 651 views Edited Jul 1, 2008
Canadian Readers...

If you wish to add funds to the PSN wallet and you do not want to use your own Credit Card / Personal Information be advised that purchasing a Citizens Bank of Canada Mytreat Visa Gift Card and using it on the PSN network to add funds to your wallet WILL WORK. I purchased one from an A & P Grocery Store. You must Register your Card on www.mybalance.ca to make online purchases. ONCE AGAIN THIS CARD WILL WORK ON THE PSN NETWORK.
Message 1 of 9 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
686 posts

Re: Canadian Readers (Adding funds to wallet) Visa Gift Card

Jul 1, 2008
Thanks for the info.  I'll go to Dominion and see if I can get one.  Assuming since A&P owns Dominion, they'd have it.
Message 2 of 9 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jul 1, 2008
Yep and don't forget about the $1 that Sony temporarily charges against the card when you are adding funds.  It is returned later but can mess up the total.
Message 3 of 9 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2910 posts

Jul 1, 2008
Another awesome option.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 9 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
789 posts

Jul 1, 2008
sweet
Message 5 of 9 (651 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 17, 2008
I can not get my mytreat visa gift card towork on the psn it keeps saying invalid card info, i have checked and reentered the info 7 times and each time i check my balance online for the card it shows that psn has taken a dollar so they have taked seven bucks from the card temporarily but won't let me use the card
Message 6 of 9 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Aug 17, 2008
Another card that works is Vanilla Mastercards....i've seen them at 7-11 and Shoppers Drug Mart.....and the activation fee is only $3 iirc
Message 7 of 9 (651 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 21, 2012

My husband and I are from Canada and just purchased a $25 Vanilla Mastercard, registered the postal code (which is all they require for registery) and after recieveing many error messages regarding information not matching I called the PSN directly and they told us that Vanilla Mastercards do not work since they do not register full billing address and name to the card, and that only prepaids that register full name and address will work. My husband has left to use this **bleep** mastercard to purchase and MyTreat Visa and see if it works any better

Message 8 of 9 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Dec 22, 2012

When you buy your Vanillia mastercard or visa  make sure the teller scans it in thats all you have to do no need to call numbers or register online.

Bottom line it won't work unless teller scans it in and you get a really long reciept.

Message 9 of 9 (599 Views)
0 Likes