Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 26 2010
By: Josh411 Lombax Warrior 178 posts

Canadian MasterCard cant connect with my PSN account

7 replies 956 views Edited Jun 26, 2010

I've been trying to connect my PSN account with my mastercard for a few week's now. I enter all the information (which I have double checked with my bank ) to be valid & what they have in their system, yet it still wont work. After entering my shipping & personal information I keep getting the message "The information entered is not valid please check your entries carefully" I have emailed sony about this and was told to check with my bank. I checked with my bank & the information I am entering is perfect. It is with the National Bank of Canada. Has anyone on here hooked up their card with the PSN provided from this bank? Anyone else have some kind of similiar issue? 

P.S. Please dont just say "go buy a network card" I got the mastercard in part for the convenience of havin it connected to the PSN account, among other things.

Thanks for all the help

josh411
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: Canadian MasterCard cant connect with my PSN account

Jun 27, 2010

Anyone?

josh411
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 28, 2010

do you have a canadian or u.s account. sony has issued a crackdown and u can only use a u.s credit card with a u.s. address with a u.s. psn acct. u can only use a canadian credit card with canadian address with a canadian account. sony is using avs (address verification system) to validate all cards. hope this helps. just buy psn cards  for the correct store with your credit card.

RIP Bone of Worldhttp://www.speedtest.net/result/1093512072.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (956 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 23, 2010

Same bank and same problem for a week now. I double checked everything with the bank. I emailed with Sony and their only solution is to purchase prepaid cards.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (956 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5890 posts

Aug 23, 2010
I've had problems with my cc's as well. They can be very finnicky about the address. Sometimes the address verification services reject if you put in an extra space, missed a hyphen, it's a full moon, whatever.

I've had to try a couple of different cards in order to get it to work. I think the only one that does for me is the Canadian Tire Mastercard.
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (956 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 16, 2010
This is stupid.... I have the same problem. The "National Bank" in Canada doesn't feature "Address Verification System" with its Mastercard... I don't want to have more than one credit card. It's not really useful to buy prepaid PSN cards just for watching movies... Why can't we use Paypal?!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (956 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2012

After an unsuccessful call at Sony, I called at Mastercard (I have the National Bank one too), where they confirmed me that Sony doesn't accept the NBC Mastercard at all, so no matter what we do we'll never be able to buy anything with that card.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (884 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

I have the same **bleep** problem. I called sony, they said a have to look with my bank. Or you people would say to buy psn card. Well me i want to buy pnPlus they obligatory demand my credit acount so i'm **bleep**. I will never able to play online on my ps4. Thank sony

Edit: Outdated thread locked

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (412 Views)
0 Likes