Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 05 2012
By: Natanael_BioAdam First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Canada and US dlc question

6 replies 531 views Edited Aug 5, 2012

Hello everybody

I have one question about the region of Canada and us, I am going to buy a games from Canada and I want to know if this games are compatible whit the dlcs of my US account or to the reverse my dlcs of Canada are compatible to my US games, for example I buy a dlc map of bf3 in my Canada account this dlc works in my bf3 US game?

Please help me

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (531 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: Canada and US dlc question

Aug 5, 2012

Hi Nataneal, 

I am from Canada myself, and yes it will work. About 2-3 years ago I purchased a MW2 map pack from the my US account and it worked just fine. Also, when I purchase some of my games off eBay or Amazon, some of them come from the US and later when I buy DLC for those games they work without a problem.

Hope I helped, 

Secretlyaturtle

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (525 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Secretlyaturtle 

Thank you so much for help me, its just the answer that I looking for, I buy some games and psn cards in my trip to Canada so I am little worried about it but now I feel secure, thanks for your time :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Aug 6, 2012

No problem, glad I could help!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

5 weeks ago
This info has made me so much more relaxed pending my ps4's arrival. My only question is does this same theory carry over into the new gens? (Ps4). Getting Destiny bundle ps4 from Amazon Canada, but i live in Jamaica and have a US account for psn. I may choose to buy DLC content but was concerned that it wouldn't work for for my Canada bought game.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6215 posts

[ Edited ]
5 weeks ago

Snysh wrote:
This info has made me so much more relaxed pending my ps4's arrival. My only question is does this same theory carry over into the new gens? (Ps4). Getting Destiny bundle ps4 from Amazon Canada, but i live in Jamaica and have a US account for psn. I may choose to buy DLC content but was concerned that it wouldn't work for for my Canada bought game.

This topic is 2 years old, but to answer you question, it`s the same for PS4. DLC are region locked, Canada and the US fall under NA, all games released in NA are region 1, and come the sames places, so all DLC from region 1 will work. However Currency is country locked, so PSN codes that deal in money and stuff will only work if the currency matches your country.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
378 posts

[ Edited ]
5 weeks ago

They are from the same zone. So they will work.

This was answered two years ago and reanswered today. I think it's time to lock. :smileyhappy: AllWrappedUp

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (57 Views)
0 Likes